User's Awards

5    2   
No longer participating

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

5280_Av8r, Greece, cyanGreece, ATH, CY

cyanGreece, founded in 1984, is an airline in Greece, serving a majority of vacationers and tourists coming to visit Greece. The inaugural flight flew from Athens to London-LHR on our A320 aircraft; the route has been updated to the A330 as London provides the best connections for our customers. The airline now serves the majority of Europe with some seasonal service to further cities such as Summer seasonal to JFK, ORD, YYZ, PEK, SIN, and HKG. The A330 is the lifeblood of these routes along with our other high density destinations.

Fleet: A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A330-900neo, A330-800neo (on order)

The ancient greeks are known for their work in geometry which is why the livery features a polygonal design on the tail. This particular A330 features the greek word Vitalis because the A330 is the lifeblood of the airline.

gallery_50186_2060_366499.jpg

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Ryan_D96, Scotland, Scottish International, EDI, SI.

Scottish International was founded in 1948 with the aim of connecting Scotland to the world to boost the post World War 2 economy. Scottish International has always had a focus on attracting business passengers and did so by being at the forefront of airline service quality. This strategy has carried through to the present day, offering full service on all routes at a time when it is dying off on European routes. As a result of this, Scottish International has adopted the position of the premium transatlantic carrier, connecting Europe and North America.  

The logo, a thistle, Scotland's national flower, is encompassed by two 'swoops' representing Scotland's connectivity to the world. 

I know Lewjet technically covered Scotland but since the whole idea of my brand is based on Scotland and not the rest of the UK I thought I'd post it anyway. 

This a brand I have developed since I first started playing AE in 2011 but I have never published anything about it before - so I guess it still qualifies :P

Scottish%20International%20History%20V2.

Liveries with political messages should be excluded, don't we think?

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Liveries with political messages should be excluded, don't we think?

^

And besides, you kicked Max out for having a Scottish airline, so the reason this is still up is beyond me.

siggie3.png

edge

edge

AE Know It All

• 111 posts

Player has been warned about the fact their livery is not suitable for this contest. The fact they haven't deleted their entry yet is entirely out of my hands now.

Thanks for your concern though

Edit: about political messages, I'm not aware too much of the way private entities display the support of this or that social issue in Scotland (or in the UK in general), so I won't get into that debate. If the player feels it is realistic, why not.

I do agree though that common sense should prevail before posting anything that might spark debate. 

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Edit: about political messages, I'm not aware too much of the way private entities display the support of this or that social issue in Scotland (or in the UK in general), so I won't get into that debate. If the player feels it is realistic, why not.

I do agree though that common sense should prevail before posting anything that might spark debate. 

It was never my intention to 'spark a political debate'.

All I wanted to do was post an entry for this competition.

I have spent time crafting a backstory and creating a corporate personality to give my airline depth in a way that AE cannot. The fact that I made it relevant across political issues in the present and past, like many companies do, was not me trying to start up an independence or LGBT rights debate... 

ollywhxte

ollywhxte

AE Addict To-Be

• 21 posts

It was never my intention to 'spark a political debate'.

All I wanted to do was post an entry for this competition.

I have spent time crafting a backstory and creating a corporate personality to give my airline depth in a way that AE cannot. The fact that I made it relevant across political issues in the present and past, like many companies do, was not me trying to start up an independence or LGBT rights debate... 

Really good point. I don't want to cause more trouble but I find it unfair that this person has been excluded from the contest simply because of an idea he had with his livery. I fail to see how the livery was political.

pinksnowbirdie

pinksnowbirdie

Aurora Borealis

• 88 posts
If it was over the LGBT thing then what about Danske lol

edge

edge

AE Know It All

• 111 posts

Really good point. I don't want to cause more trouble but I find it unfair that this person has been excluded from the contest simply because of an idea he had with his livery. I fail to see how the livery was political.

The entry was excluded because Scotland isn't one of the countries in the list. Please don't make this more difficult than it has to be.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I fail to see how the livery was political.

I fail to see how a livery involving the Scottish independence referendum isn't political. Did you try using your eyes to look at it?

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Change My submissions down bellow.

POTKC

POTKC

AE Know It All

• 195 posts

Am I correct in assuming that a Gibraltar-based airline wouldn't be permitted now because the UK is already taken?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Am I correct in assuming that a Gibraltar-based airline wouldn't be permitted now because the UK is already taken?

It's a British Overseas Territories. It shouldn't be counted as part of the UK. Also, There should be England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

POTKC

POTKC

AE Know It All

• 195 posts

It's a British Overseas Territories. It shouldn't be counted as part of the UK. Also, There should be England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

So do you think I can do something in Gibraltar then?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Likely so.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Ask the judges. Gibraltar, despite being in a different situation than the other parts of the U.K., is still under British sovereignty. If you write to set foot in Gibraltar right now, you’d be in the U.K.

siggie3.png

pinksnowbirdie

pinksnowbirdie

Aurora Borealis

• 88 posts
I'm withdrawing for now because of some reasons.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

tnt88, Ireland, Air Dublin, DUB, I8

Air Dublin is an Irish Airline founded in 2006, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, with its primary operational bases at Dublin airports. By using Dublin as a transfer hub, Air Dublin able to offer better connectivity between North America and Mainland Europe. In 2017, Air Dublin carried more than 36.7 million passengers, making it the 7th largest airlines in Europe by total scheduled and chartered passengers.

Strategic partnership with major LCC around the world such as Southwest in the US and IndiGo in India help Air Dublin to attract many connecting passengers from North America and Sub-Asian. This provided big boost to Air Dublin current transfer hub strategy. Currently Air Dublin is seeking partnership with other LCC such as Air Asia, Lion Air and WestJet.

As of 2018, Air Dublin is one of the largest operators of A330 series. During 2018 Farnborough Airshow, Air Dublin placed an order for 50 of the 252t variant of A330-900neo. With the increased range of 7,200nm, it would be used to replace all the A330-200 and older A330-300. This is also followed by an order for 35 A350-1000. The A350-1000 would be primarily used on flights to West Coast of the US and Asia.

The logo and the livery are inspired by the flag of Ireland, the green, orange and white are visible on both aspect. The Splash emblem are part of the modernization of the brand, it is the company logo used since 2017. You could also see the European Union stars on the tail of the aircraft.

Fleet:

55 of A320-200 = 12C 156Y

16 of A321-200 = 20C 174Y

38 of A330-200 = 26C 243Y

23 of A330-300 = 36C 272Y

On Order:

65 of A321neo

50 of A330-900neo

35 of A350-1000

RfU2fMv.png

8TepF6I.png

edge

edge

AE Know It All

• 111 posts
Consider that if the country you're submitting an entry for is not on the list on the thread starter, then it's a no. So Gibraltar, nor England, Wales,, Scotland or Northern Ireland are not valid entries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users