Photo

Airline Empires Version 3...

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

Guest_skumfrik_*

Guest_skumfrik_*
  • Guests
Will there be added new airports? The current version has a lack of cities. And, will the misplacing of some cities be corrected?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Will there be added new airports? The current version has a lack of cities. And, will the misplacing of some cities be corrected?

Miller22 has allways stated never to ask, get whats given, but to answer the question, it will depend, on:

1. If the testing a few of us have been doing is implemented into this next round, I feel it will include some new locations.

2. If this next round is just a revamp of the old, then it may not.

3. Version 3, when it does get completed, will be nothink like this game, a total re-write is on the boards and when (Only TW and Miller22 know)

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
"Miller22 has allways stated never to ask, get whats given, but to answer the question"

Sounds a bit Totoliterian :P (not a way to run a buisness).
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
No..no it aint...but thats how Miller wants it for now.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

FlorianV

FlorianV

• 3 posts
How far is the project now?

Florian:shappy:

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts

To tell the truth, I've never heard of South Bend, Indiana before I started playing, but we could use some more airports (FAI, JNU, YXY, YZF)

Not exactly the greatest city . . . it's welcome sign on the Indiana Tollway is on a septic tank. We drive there a lot (my brother goes to Notre Dame).

Anyways, my opinion on international regulation:
- Airlines should only be able to fly domestic routes in there own countries or nearby countries (e.g. in the US, foreign airlines can't fly domestically).
- Airlines shouldn't be buying the rights to routes. All that does is make it so the airlines at the top stay at the top. I think airlines should apply for international flights, and Miller or someone who isn't affected should choose (like the applications for US-China routes). That way the big airlines get routes for their route structure, but other airlines get routes to increase competition.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts

He lives in Lapland actually... you can visit his villiage...

Santa's Villiage...

BUT SANTA LIVES AT THE MALL OF AMERICA!!! jk jk
CEO - penguinairways.com

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Why did you respond to those posts? They are over a year old!
Aer Solas

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
Why do people bother talking to you? You're over 19 years old! (You asked for that one.)
CEO - penguinairways.com

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
How about airports like Green Bay, Appleton and Oshkosh? These airports should be added! And... airlines should be able to buy out other airlines (or at least creat "sub airlines. (EX: Midwest Connect, Northwest Airlink, or American Eagle)

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
That's kind of like an alliance (sub airlines). Otherwise you can just operate them yourself.

As for purchasing other airlines, I think that should be allowed, but the owner of the airline has two agree/allow it (through majority ownership?). Then that person can start a new airline with the money.
CEO - penguinairways.com

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
Well...still we should add those airports.

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
And I'd like them to add duluth and rochester! How about while they're at it add south saint paul airport!!!

Add green bay, but appleton and oshkosh? MESABA DOESN'T EVEN FLY TO OSHKOSH!!! And appleton? WTF?????????? Add eau claire before that!!!
CEO - penguinairways.com

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts

And I'd like them to add duluth and rochester! How about while they're at it add south saint paul airport!!!

Add green bay, but appleton and oshkosh? MESABA DOESN'T EVEN FLY TO OSHKOSH!!! And appleton? WTF?????????? Add eau claire before that!!!

All Wisconsin/Minnesota/Michigan airports should be added. Are you happy. Thank you for kind...ummm words of wisdom.

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts

Why do people bother talking to you? You're over 19 years old! (You asked for that one.)

Seriously...what??

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
Would we be able to transfer our accounts from 1 sim to another in the future? I'm just wanting to have my two airlines on the same sim or sim3 (if it's ever created).

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Well, if I remember well, both games use the same stuff. So you can already do that. Sim2 is just a updated beta of the current version of AE (sim1) to see how a slightly tweaked version would work out. I don't think we'll have a sim3, but we'll have a more improved version of AE. Are you operating two airlines at once? If so, make sure you shut one down, as you can't run more than one.

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts

Well, if I remember well, both games use the same stuff. So you can already do that. Sim2 is just a updated beta of the current version of AE (sim1) to see how a slightly tweaked version would work out. I don't think we'll have a sim3, but we'll have a more improved version of AE. Are you operating two airlines at once? If so, make sure you shut one down, as you can't run more than one.

How do you shut down airlines? Teach me...;)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
*Just to clarify*
You can operate two airlines at once, but only if they are on different servers (eg one on sim 1, and one on sim 2).
Posted Image

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
For shutting down an airline(s) what the heck do you do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users