- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
Okay, I've got sufficient content on paper to announce some of the important changes to the way Airline Empires will be played.

I'd also like to apologise to my lack of appearence on the website of late, i have no internet connection at home currently due to my moving house this weekend.

The game is being changed completely. There wont be just 1 game at a time, there will be multiple games being played AND users will be able to play in more than one game at a time (With different airlines).

Entering games will be using tokens. Each user will get a free token which will let them enter one free game at a time. Entering more games will be using "premium" tokens (which cost USD).

Each user will be able to control 3 airlines at a time. Each airline can only be played in one game at a time. No user can play more than one airline in a game at the same time.

Upon opening the website will have almost the same functions as the current website (abeit with new code and hopefully no bugs). The Load Factor script is being re-written from the ground up. New sections will be added at later dates. The new sections are likely to be included for all players (free and premium) however the premium players will be able to adjust the settings in these areas to minimize cost and maximise profits. A free account will have to use the default settings.

Areas to be included...
Limited Open Skies
Engineering Departments (Account for Aircraft Engineering Costs)
Human Resources
Cargo Departments

We are working on more areas which will be announced in due course.

Myself and Miller are in the process of writing the flow charts for key scripts and i'm also working on the website which has now got a design finalised. Working Registration, Login and Template system. Last night I completed the User Permissions and also Live Session Tracking.

We're not ignoring AE, Far from it, we're trying to build a new AE as fast as we possibly can. I am looking at a reset with some minor changes to the monthly script (limiting aircraft deliveries is just one of the changes)...

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Its great to hear the AE version 3 is moving along and been worked along as we speak. I honestly cant wait until AE v3 comes along to see the improvements u mention, torque, as they will surely be a vast jump to what we are used to. Great work. :(

This will be great news for everyone... :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Great news indeed.

Looking forward to a new version of AE :(

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
Good news. Will there be another reset of the current version before the new game is loader?
Takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory.
http://i20.photobuck...ingstemp4oo.bmp

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Sounds great!! any more info on the premium version, like cost?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Limited Open Skies? How limited?

This is nice, though. Waiting for price.
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

origin pacific

origin pacific

AE Player

• 27 posts
Hi TW,

thanks for that! I look forward to Version 3. Any timeframe available? When will it be out?

Limited Open Skies

What do you mean by that? They're either open or limited, aren't they? I guess the answer is simple, I just can't seem to grasp it at the moment....

Life is too short to drink bad wine!

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
Sweet news, this will be awsome :(. I know I have been a rather large critic of your actions, but it is really great to get some feedback also some infromationa and offical confermation that things are moving forward. And did I read that correctly, a reset for this version too?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

I am looking at a reset with some minor changes to the monthly script (limiting aircraft deliveries is just one of the changes)...

Yes, you read it right. That will mean slower growth for all and will help with the gate situation. Hopefully, the one-way routes could be fixed and the new registration system implemented before a reset. That would help a lot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
Well that is great, never really benifitted from the mass aircraft deliveres, most I ever ordered was 3 at once. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
woohoo new version about to "take off" :( that sounds good .guess more info on the game and way(s) of payment will follow .. LoL now them YES voters get it their way .. a reset . At least it's a reset with changes :) now wait and see what they bring
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Will this require a new version of Trip Time Calculator to be created? Will runway length be implemented? Will people at the same workplace be allowed to play with the new one free token policy?

transnorthwest

transnorthwest

• 18 posts
Glad to hear the news. The game has been getting way to congested anyway and we've only begun year 6.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well limiting deliveries is a good thing. AE used to have a 2 per month aircraft limit per manufacturer and i think we should revert back to how it was. :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Fly_Germany

Fly_Germany

• 136 posts
  • WLM ID:tomauer@hotmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:tomauer2003@yahoo.com.au
Great work! glad to see it set-up.. :( :)

~ Air Germany, Connecting Berlin to to the world ~
"you'll Love it"

Fleet:
2 x Airbus A330-300
3 x Airbus A320-200
5 x Airbus A319-100
2 x Bombardier Q400
4 x Saab 2000
2 x ERJ-135ER
9 x ATR-42-500

(Upcoming Orders)
Airbus A319-100
Airbus A330-300
Posted Image
"3rd Rock Alliance"
No more slums. No more violence. No more poverty...Gawad Kalinga
Posted Image

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
Do we have a time frame yet?
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
hm i hope the LF script changes too .. its pretty time consuming to check/reset my routes a.t.m. (where i'm still a smaller airline ) Doing this in multiple games could end up a full-time daytask if you want to play serious i.m.o.
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
wow great news, one question, is AE v3 going to introduce more planes like the 787/A350 (although they dont exist yet) and what about older aircraft like MD's n earlier 737s?? thanks!
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I think the idea on older aircraft would be via a broker within the game, where u could lease them to expand, which is what Miller had intended to do. :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

g-w-r

g-w-r

Tycoon

• 328 posts
  • WLM ID:graham_w_r@hotmail.com

Entering games will be using tokens. Each user will get a free token which will let them enter one free game at a time. Entering more games will be using "premium" tokens (which cost USD).

Each user will be able to control 3 airlines at a time. Each airline can only be played in one game at a time. No user can play more than one airline in a game at the same time.

wont this just result in people creating multiple accounts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users