- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

wont this just result in people creating multiple accounts?

yes, but all three airlines would be in different games, so you couldn't use a three pronged attack.

Which brings up another question, what about the current alliances???? I think I could speak for everyone that we'd be pretty p***** off if the alliances were split up.
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
will the new version include stock and the ability to buy out other airlines?

Jaime

Jaime

• 504 posts
Will code share be available?

IMO we should have non open sky policy. Trying to explain what I mean: if I have all my network in the USA for example, I can't be flying a route like FCO-BRU.

But instead if I fly from my network in the USA to FCO or BRU I could then fly FCO-BRU.
Jaime | The Fruit Stand

Posted Image

airline logo courtesy of sam693

g-w-r

g-w-r

Tycoon

• 328 posts
  • WLM ID:graham_w_r@hotmail.com

yes, but all three airlines would be in different games, so you couldn't use a three pronged attack.

Which brings up another question, what about the current alliances???? I think I could speak for everyone that we'd be pretty p***** off if the alliances were split up.

what i meen is wont people just keep making new sign in names to keep getting their other 3 free tokens. or is the ip address going to be saved?

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
As for the open skies policiy, I think that we could just have it be so that international flights had to be connected to a preexisting route network
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts

Will there be another reset of the current version before the new game is loader?

More Than Likely

any more info on the premium version, like cost?

None At This Time

Limited Open Skies? How limited?

I Will explain more as i expand this feature, i'm in the process of UML'ing the new design and just generally explaining to myself and miller how the website will function

Will this require a new version of Trip Time Calculator to be created?

Probably

Will runway length be implemented?

Yes

Will people at the same workplace be allowed to play with the new one free token policy?

Yes

Do we have a time frame yet?

No

is AE v3 going to introduce more planes like the 787/A350 (although they dont exist yet) and what about older aircraft like MD's n earlier 737s?

More Than Likely

wont this just result in people creating multiple accounts?

Probably

what about the current alliances?

They may have to be broken up, depends how how we support them and how you want to run them.

will the new version include stock and the ability to buy out other airlines?

Yes and Yes

Will code share be available?

Yes

I hope that answers questions asked, if you want to know more, post and i'll answer them asap...

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I hope that answers questions asked, if you want to know more, post and i'll answer them asap...

It is pleasing to see that you are advancing on the new version, take your time, (Get It Right) lot's of old players will read this with much interest. Thank you for this informative update :(

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Now, thats what i call short and sweet answers to people's questions. :(

Anyways, people will happy with the responses in regards to their questions :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
Well, I'm excited. If nothing else, I can't wait for a reset
Posted Image
ID 724
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Posted Image
Posted Image

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts
Thanks, TW, for answering all those questions. However I still have another two questions...:

1. Is there any estimate for when the reset will occur?

2. Could you possibly include a few more airports? I noticed that the choice is rather limited. I missed the following APs whenn having a quick check of the lists:

Middle East: Amman, Eilat, Teheran, Bagdad

South America: Sao Paolo Congohas (CGH, not GRU), Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont (SDU, not GIG), Montevideo, Mendoza...

Australia/NZ/S. Pacific: Cairns, Canberra, Coolangata (Goldcoast), Port Moresby, Apia, Rarotonga, Dunedin, Queenstown, Nelson, Invercargill, Hamilton, Rotorua ....

Thanks!

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
frankly. de, theres a lot of threads in which people have asked about non existing airports in the game...Miller has said there will be more airports in the new game, but I dont see the point in all those Australian New zealand airports to be honest, Iv never heard of them apart from Queenstown, Canberra, that doesnt mean theyre not important airports, but I think that before going to the stage of putting all the airports of a country in or nearly all of them we should at least have the international airport of every country, for example ASU - Paraguay/ South America...:(
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Australia/NZ/S. Pacific: Cairns, Canberra, Coolangata (Goldcoast), Port Moresby, Apia, Rarotonga, Dunedin, Queenstown, Nelson, Invercargill, Hamilton, Rotorua ....

Thanks!

Typical request from a noble KIWI when you left out Darwin the gateway to Asia you lost my vote to include regionals like Nelson and Hamilton with the others.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

frankly. de, theres a lot of threads in which people have asked about non existing airports in the game...Miller has said there will be more airports in the new game, but I dont see the point in all those Australian New zealand airports to be honest, Iv never heard of them apart from Queenstown, Canberra, that doesnt mean theyre not important airports, but I think that before going to the stage of putting all the airports of a country in or nearly all of them we should at least have the international airport of every country, for example ASU - Paraguay/ South America...:(

[rant]
Then furious, if Australia doesnt need more airports,i guess we dont need Paraguay either. Obviously Paraguay is just a small place with a small population, no one would miss it, would they?

Oh, btw, if u think im been harsh, u basically posted this looking for it. Ur lucky u aint on IRC or i would of told u off already :)
[end of rant]

Anyways, i think more airports in every region are necessary, no matter if big, small and whatever. It will help elivate major routes and allow people to focus on airports which have good lf's and develop that airport. :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts

Typical request from a noble KIWI when you left out Darwin the gateway to Asia you lost my vote to include regionals like Nelson and Hamilton with the others.

Thanks for pointing out what I forgot. I never meant the list to be complete! Yes, get in Darwin, of course! And any others that have a reasonable amount of traffic, such as Accra, Entebbe, ........

And as far as Asuncion is concerned, yes, I'm all for it. Along with La Paz and Lima and...... Personally I wouldn't mind Recife or Curitiba and other secondary airports in South America being included. I am most familiar with Brazil (Fortalezza or Manaus, anyone?), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't support other airports being added as well.

Oh and, Furious Falcon, there are plenty of US or Caribean airports in the game that I never heard of. Why them and none from down under (or Africa, South America)? Or are we too prejudiced towards the northern hemisphere and the "first world"? Ever heard of Anglo-American cultural imperialism? I just hope that doesn't apply to you (or anyone else in AE, for that matter).

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the annual passenger numbers, rather then being prejudiced towards the northern hemisphere.
Posted ImagePosted Image

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts
aussie is too far away and population of 30m NZ has 1/4 of that psa is right is may be due to pax numbers with 90% of pax is north of the equator

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
To tell the truth, I've never heard of South Bend, Indiana before I started playing, but we could use some more airports (FAI, JNU, YXY, YZF)
Posted Image
ID 724
Posted Image
Posted Image

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts

To tell the truth, I've never heard of South Bend, Indiana before I started playing, but we could use some more airports (FAI, JNU, YXY, YZF)

best to place full information

Fairbanks Intl Arpt (FAI)
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States (FAI)

Juneau Arpt (JNU)
Juneau, Alaska, United States (JNU)

Whitehorse Arpt (YXY)
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada (YXY)

Yellowknife Arpt (YZF)
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories And Nunavut, Canada (YZF)

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts

[rant]
Then furious, if Australia doesnt need more airports,i guess we dont need Paraguay either. Obviously Paraguay is just a small place with a small population, no one would miss it, would they?

Oh, btw, if u think im been harsh, u basically posted this looking for it. Ur lucky u aint on IRC or i would of told u off already :(
[end of rant]

Anyways, i think more airports in every region are necessary, no matter if big, small and whatever. It will help elivate major routes and allow people to focus on airports which have good lf's and develop that airport. :)

...hey chill...im just saying we need airports in other countries aswel...so why just the big countries with all the airports they have...take a look at South America...Its empty!!! same goes for Africa
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
We need some Caribbean airports, like Havana, Kingston, Montego Bay, Barbados, Antigua, Grand Cayman.............
Can't wait for the new version. Will you be able to share terminals within Alliances? For example, If I have a 20 gate Terminal at LHR, can Air Kevin or Zirk Red use one of the gates for less? This could boost pax numbers, and only be avalible in allainces or something. Can we have an Alliance feature? So that when the airlines are connected then you can codeshare etc, and buy planes en mass to get discounts? I know Swissair and UTA bought DC-10s together in the 1970s.
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users