207 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
VC, the plan was (and should still be) if one of ur alliance members had a terminal @ LAX, for example, u could rent a gate from him if u needed a LAX gate, thus saving u the trouble of obtain a gate and perhaps, might be cheaper to do so. Not sure about the alliance buying scheme if it will be implemented or not...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
How hard is it to add airports? Is there a need for research?

I know that once any new airports are added, everyone is going to start clamoring for the ones that were missed, so it may be an issue of time; just too big a job. I suspect we could easily double the number of airports.

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
...will we be able to put an aircraft to fly to a place once or twise weekly instead of daily frequencies? It could work very nicely for some places with no big demand!
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

...will we be able to put an aircraft to fly to a place once or twise weekly instead of daily frequencies? It could work very nicely for some places with no big demand!

how to fill in the other days then ?? and if you're flying on a low pax city . fly a small plane or dont fly at all .. maybe demands are toooo low (according to AE) implement these cities in the first place
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts

VC, the plan was (and should still be) if one of ur alliance members had a terminal @ LAX, for example, u could rent a gate from him if u needed a LAX gate, thus saving u the trouble of obtain a gate and perhaps, might be cheaper to do so.

Cool!
Also, How about First/Buisness/Eco/LCC? (Esp. as the A340-300 has lower pax than the A330-300, despite having the same fusalage)

And Re: Weekly flights, How about a weekly timetable, so instead of 22 hours, you have 154 hours, spread across the week. This would also get rid of the need of one way flights.
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
lets no push our luck people.. there is only so much we know about what Miller and Torque have plan. Yes, having to schedule the aircraft for a whole week sounds interesting but depends on what is required to make it work in the game.

Im sure more will be revealed in due course as Torque and Miller code AE V3 and they finalise what will be in that version. :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

To tell the truth, I've never heard of South Bend, Indiana before I started playing, but we could use some more airports (FAI, JNU, YXY, YZF)

HADC where are you from? If you are from the US then I'm shocked as one of the most famous colleges in the US is in South Bend, The University of Notre Dame (GO FIGHTING IRISH!!!!!! :) )

note: I'm from SBN, so I know the city quite well :(
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
I'm only suggesting......
How about having 3 versions of planes: 3 class 2 classand all economy. What do you think? You could add into the plane purchase list seating as well as engines. You could upgrade to annother configuration for some cash.
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
Posted Image

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

I'm only suggesting......
How about having 3 versions of planes: 3 class 2 classand all economy. What do you think? You could add into the plane purchase list seating as well as engines. You could upgrade to annother configuration for some cash.

No as that then add in some cases 3 revenue scales and 3 demand areas which also interact with themselves with prices and hubs as well. Seems to complex at the moment.
CEO of:
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
How about we leave the different classes and seats config to the side for the moment. I think apart from a bit complex to code (not sure if true), at this moment, its not as important as some other things we would like to see first.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
There wont be a massive difference in features when the new version is released, just a change to the look and just more secure code. More features will come INCLUDING changing of seat configurations...

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
Pero... Cuando?
But... When? we really need to know... look at the aircraft orders, it seems most people have left, the fininacial statments are horrible to look at :(.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
I hope some kind of minimal distance to fly distance to fly at will be implemented too . Because some routes are just too rediculous i.m.o. I know NY and Newark are high pax cities but ..http://sim.airlineem...1=JFK&city2=EWR ... to go fly around 4100 seats daily on a 6 SIX! NM route at an average price of over $150 :confused: since i remember i couldnt make a decent $ on an 37NM flight which was international btw in Europe in yr 1 this round .. no comp ..?? It sure is a weird way to either gain or take advantadge of your marketshare ,the only reason I can think of this route exists .
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

http://sim.airlineempires.net/routeshare.php?city1=JFK&city2=EWR[/URL'] ... to go fly around 4100 seats daily on a 6 SIX! NM route at an average price of over $150 :confused: since i remember i couldnt make a decent $ on an 37NM flight which was international btw in Europe in yr 1 this round .. no comp ..?? It sure is a weird way to either gain or take advantadge of your marketshare ,the only reason I can think of this route exists .

If you know little about the rules in the game plez quote right, the example you gave is a loss for me and others on it only used as gate holds with low class frames another is OLY to CDG you must place $500 price on this to make $1k another is JFK to HPN and EWR to HPN both a price of $300 plus to make a little return but it keeps the gates and if you are hubed it makes the passanger numbers flow more. You will also see that the game is limited to route load factor percent see this http://www.airlineem...oduction#Routes
with no other airline on this 6NM 5% LF times $300 price and a return in the J31 $2,400k if other jump on it it will 1/2 then more will make it impossible to make any return this is shown here also http://www.airlineem.../Strategy_Guide hope you take time to read :(

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
How about using the Max PAX number for the plane? EG A330-300/A340-300=440, A321=220 etc?
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
when will the new version start?

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com

I would guess his response would be . . . "When it's done." Right Torque?

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

Note that TW says that there will likely be one other round of the game before the new version.

I am not sure what features/bug fixes will be in the next round; I suspect that it depends on when the next round starts and how much he has finished. make no promises and you dodge a lot of arrows
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

ian

ian

• 436 posts
ok, so then will the next round start?

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

ok, so then will the next round start?