• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Competition is what makes this game interesting and some people want limitless sandbox and consider those who are better than them bullies and unfair. They need reality check, because that's not the way the real world works, and I don't know why would a game work that way either.

Nevertheless, as a business simulator this game should be more restrictive, profit margins now are far too high, risks too low and fleet counts and valuation of some companies enormous, not only because of spamming and scamIFS for huge top airlines but for "realistic" smaller airlines as well. 

BUT if the game were harder, it means it would be harder to stay above water for everyone. And there would be even more whiny individuals who couldn't cope and are annoyed by someone doing better job than them. -.-

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

That's what smart people do. You could vouch for Lufthansa all you want but they're always in the hole. Get on with the time. Nobody want to pay $100 more just to get cold sandwiches and a can of coke (or 1" seat pitch difference between the seat).

Indeed :) when looking for plane tickets I would always choose if I can Lufthansa, Air France - KLM, Aeroflot, etc. as long as they won't charge me more than what I believe is reasonable for a given flight and also because they tend to have great connections and you feel that you are flying as a human passenger and not a bunch of animals fit into a vehicle that can fly.

Nevertheless, when there're such airlines like Norwegian that are great and cheap, beyond loyalty programs there's no point in overpaying a single $ :)

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Competition is what makes this game interesting and some people want limitless sandbox and consider those who are better than them bullies and unfair. They need reality check, because that's not the way the real world works, and I don't know why would a game work that way either.

Nevertheless, as a business simulator this game should be more restrictive, profit margins now are far too high, risks too low and fleet counts and valuation of some companies enormous, not only because of spamming and scamIFS for huge top airlines but for "realistic" smaller airlines as well. 

BUT if the game were harder, it means it would be harder to stay above water for everyone. And there would be even more whiny individuals who couldn't cope and are annoyed by someone doing better job than them. -.-

I would keep the SandBox for those who would like to sit in Wonderland and build fantasy airlines and get the other worlds as close to reality as possible. So yep, demand needs to be curved to be 1/3 of the current one; costs of hubs and servicing planes outside your main hubs increased; running on the edge in terms of personel penalized with delays and strikes; and the existing demand distribution - unified in one single demand with hidden distribution by price ranges and category preferences :) I think that could be implemented fast and would make the whole thing a bit more real.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

This thread reminds me so much of the 2016 US presidential election it makes me sad, yet I can't say I'm surprised. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

This thread reminds me so much of the 2016 US presidential election it makes me sad, yet I can't say I'm surprised. 

Please elaborate more on what are the similarities, why it makes you feel sad when we are discussing all this in a game context and please be less vague with such ambiguous and general statements ;)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Well essentially you have your two basic sides, both of whom are so steadfastly convinced of their own righteousness and determined to make the other side look stupid, that they even fail to have a discussion as to the cause of the problem that was originally being discussed in the first place (in this case: R1 being a s***hole).

To go even further in-depth: one side is concerned with what they think is fair, the other concerned with the best way to make lots of money. Now for disclosure's sake I agree with both arguments, well parts of both arguments. While this is a business simulator at its core, and the point of a business is to make money, it's also an incredibly easy business simulator once you get the basic principles down. So to think that somehow you're a better person or to brag that you got a trophy or made a stupidly large and unwieldy airline in (again) an incredibly easy game is like bragging about how you punched a homeless person and stole his coat. Really it makes you look like an *******. 

That said, the side of the argument that is pushing fairness just sound like a bunch of whiny pussies. Sure, the other side might be *******s, but there will always be *******s looking to ruin your day just because they're unsatisfied with other parts of their lives. I'm all for equality in the world, but bitching about how you don't like how other people are playing isn't going to get s*** done. Come up with solutions to this problem.

Which brings me back to a point I made earlier: All this thread has become is just people with different opinions trying to yell over each other. You're all failing to consider or discuss how AE could be improved to make the game fun for more people, because ultimately I love seeing AE swell with new people discovering this wonderful waste of time. But the pussies have a point, most games become stupidly oversaturated and dominated by a handful of airlines (although having been here so long, I know how to get around these oligarchies. But a new person might not.).

Now if anybody has any suggestions on how to deal with the problem of R1 becoming a black hole, feel free to discuss them. But otherwise just keep your goddamn mouths shut.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      
And how is that "US presidential race"? You could have said it was "just like" a discussion about mashed or fried potatoes or about siamese or persian cats.

If I start an "*******", as you call it, airline, and aim for top valuarion, I expect to clash with people equally determined. Why would that be too easy? I'm not here to prank unsuspecting players who want "justice".

You say solutions, I think the Flying Cow just wrote a very short but surprisingly crucial few key improvements in his last post. Increase and introduce new realistic costs, re-model supply and demand with a background model of how connecting pax flow through the system. And I would add again, notonly reduce all pax, but better gather data about o&d and connecting pax from the real world and maybe even leave only o&d.

I think most of us who owned big airlines wrote the most coherent posts about where it was too easy and how to make it more realistic.

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Well essentially you have your two basic sides, both of whom are so steadfastly convinced of their own righteousness and determined to make the other side look stupid, that they even fail to have a discussion as to the cause of the problem that was originally being discussed in the first place (in this case: R1 being a s***hole).

To go even further in-depth: one side is concerned with what they think is fair, the other concerned with the best way to make lots of money. Now for disclosure's sake I agree with both arguments, well parts of both arguments. While this is a business simulator at its core, and the point of a business is to make money, it's also an incredibly easy business simulator once you get the basic principles down. So to think that somehow you're a better person or to brag that you got a trophy or made a stupidly large and unwieldy airline in (again) an incredibly easy game is like bragging about how you punched a homeless person and stole his coat. Really it makes you look like an *******. 

That said, the side of the argument that is pushing fairness just sound like a bunch of whiny pussies. Sure, the other side might be *******s, but there will always be *******s looking to ruin your day just because they're unsatisfied with other parts of their lives. I'm all for equality in the world, but bitching about how you don't like how other people are playing isn't going to get s*** done. Come up with solutions to this problem.

Which brings me back to a point I made earlier: All this thread has become is just people with different opinions trying to yell over each other. You're all failing to consider or discuss how AE could be improved to make the game fun for more people, because ultimately I love seeing AE swell with new people discovering this wonderful waste of time. But the pussies have a point, most games become stupidly oversaturated and dominated by a handful of airlines (although having been here so long, I know how to get around these oligarchies. But a new person might not.).

Now if anybody has any suggestions on how to deal with the problem of R1 becoming a black hole, feel free to discuss them. But otherwise just keep your goddamn mouths shut.

Dear,

Thank you for elaborating. Yet, your rhetorics denotes that you are still willing to take this personal rather than staying focused on objective arguments.

"...just because they're unsatisfied with other parts of their lives"

"...stupidly oversaturated"

"... ********..."

Those are very subjective standpoints while I'm still missing any objective similarity with the 2016 US election campaign on what I asked specifically to elaborate as I felt curious :)

If you only dedicated 5% of the time you spent writing that long post on reading this topic you could easily see that no one is "yelling" at no one and that is rather such type of interventions from your side that are degenerating the nature of this constructive discussion on how to deal with a reality of a saturated marked dominated by LCC. Cheer up, your airline is still happily operating in R1, why so much tension? :)

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

Where you Penguin Air? or was there an actual Paw Airways, because i never saw a Paw Airways in R1

No. I run only one airline, and that's Paw Airways. Most of the time I do later on rename it as Paw Airways International. I already shut down operation in R1, thanks to Flying Cow using the same tactics as one airline that I hate the most IRL, and want to strangle their CEO! ((Not you Flying Cow, I'm talking about Michael O'Leary & RyanAir. The guy's literally mental.))

uddNEMA.jpg

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

• 89 posts

You say this is a business simulator, yet, in actual terms, your airline is an insult to the word "business simulator". Also, the problem with charging only $30 on a flight has its downsides. Yes, you will get more pax on your planes, but charging $30 for a 1000 mile flight also tells the pax that your airline must be at such a low quality that you cannot sustain reasonable and fair prices of that of other, higher quality airlines. And I can see why. Your seat configurations are worthy of a school bus, you must not care about if your planes are maintained because looking at your airline, your mechanics barely have time to maintain them. Other faults: you still have dreary, slower then molasses props in the jet age, you have aircraft that shouldn't be in your fleet, you probably have horrid In Flight Service. And explain to me why you have so many aircraft.

This is what a "business simulator" airline should look like: http://ae31.airline-...ae3r0&player=87

My seat configurations are reasonable and don't sardine can my passengers, I make sure I properly maintain my aircraft, I have aircraft that are realistic to use, I have great service on my flights and don't overflow markets unreasonably, and I have a reasonable amount of aircraft for the era and time frame.

Then you accuse other players of trolling and overflowing markets, etc.....well sweety, it takes one to know one.

Also Alice in the Wonderland doesn't exist...

YES!!! THANK YOU, MR. BEAR!!! :dance:

uddNEMA.jpg

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

• 89 posts

Instead of giving a speech about what you "believe" is the "right" or "fair" thing according to you:

CHECK THIS REAL WORLD AIRLINE https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/

... you should do better your homework to avoid such weak argumentation :dance: :dance3:  :dance2:

You say that you're using RyanAir tactics, right? Well, let me ask you this. Why do you think RyanAir is the #1 most hated airline in Europe? :eyebrow:

I think I have proven my point. B)

Low budget airlines do work to a certain point, such as Southwest for example. Southwest is pretty much on neutral grounds, since they have an equal amount of lovers and haters. I hate Southwest myself, but yet I can understand their point of view on them being an all 737 operating airline, so they can have commonality in their fleet. Yet, Southwest still has a few pluses for their passengers and crew. I've never flone on Southwest before, so I have no idea what their perks are for their passengers.

RyanAir for example, which is what I call an extreme budget airline, is basically stripping everything away, and whatever you want, you have to pay a huge amount of money for. That's extremely flawed. Not only that the passengers hate RyanAir, but so do other airlines. I know that RyanAir almost bought EasyJet, and yet the other UK airlines bailed them out and kept EasyJet going.

So, in the public's point of view, RyanAir, AKA The Flying Cow on Airline Empires, will be hated for, for starving out other airlines, and taking away the fun that is Airline Empires. :innocent:

uddNEMA.jpg

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

• 89 posts

Obviously there giving low-ball flights,there desperate for money.what airline does lottery in a plane. All they want is your money they don't care about your comfort or the problems your having with ife or your seat. The only reason ryan-air still up there is because of there low priced flights,
There staff not even properly trained. That is the future of Ryan air and flying cow, trying to make money off anything before they get sucked down that drain

Good shot, m8! :clap:

uddNEMA.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

You say this is a business simulator, yet, in actual terms, your airline is an insult to the word "business simulator". Also, the problem with charging only $30 on a flight has its downsides. Yes, you will get more pax on your planes, but charging $30 for a 1000 mile flight also tells the pax that your airline must be at such a low quality that you cannot sustain reasonable and fair prices of that of other, higher quality airlines. And I can see why. Your seat configurations are worthy of a school bus, you must not care about if your planes are maintained because looking at your airline, your mechanics barely have time to maintain them. Other faults: you still have dreary, slower then molasses props in the jet age, you have aircraft that shouldn't be in your fleet, you probably have horrid In Flight Service. And explain to me why you have so many aircraft.

This is what a "business simulator" airline should look like: http://ae31.airline-...ae3r0&player=87

My seat configurations are reasonable and don't sardine can my passengers, I make sure I properly maintain my aircraft, I have aircraft that are realistic to use, I have great service on my flights and don't overflow markets unreasonably, and I have a reasonable amount of aircraft for the era and time frame.

Then you accuse other players of trolling and overflowing markets, etc.....well sweety, it takes one to know one.

Also Alice in the Wonderland doesn't exist...

Your airlines is not realistic. Airlines in real life try to Fit as many seats into the plane as possible. Look at Swissair B777-300ER. Just because you refuse to actually compete and cry about it, doesn't mean people need to force themself to play like you do. We still do realistic configurations. The last time I checked, spamlines still followed the rules for maximum certified seats on every aircrafts. You don't like the way other people run their airlines? Quit then, it's not like any player hold a gun to your head to keep playing.

"Also Alice in the Wonderland doesn't exist..." Tell me more, Mother Teresa. 

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Instead of giving a speech about what you "believe" is the "right" or "fair" thing according to you:

CHECK THIS REAL WORLD AIRLINE https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/

... you should do better your homework to avoid such weak argumentation :dance: :dance3:  :dance2:

I wish you were on MS990...

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

You say that you're using RyanAir tactics, right? Well, let me ask you this. Why do you think RyanAir is the #1 most hated airline in Europe? :eyebrow:

I think I have proven my point. B)

Low budget airlines do work to a certain point, such as Southwest for example. Southwest is pretty much on neutral grounds, since they have an equal amount of lovers and haters. I hate Southwest myself, but yet I can understand their point of view on them being an all 737 operating airline, so they can have commonality in their fleet. Yet, Southwest still has a few pluses for their passengers and crew. I've never flone on Southwest before, so I have no idea what their perks are for their passengers.

RyanAir for example, which is what I call an extreme budget airline, is basically stripping everything away, and whatever you want, you have to pay a huge amount of money for. That's extremely flawed. Not only that the passengers hate RyanAir, but so do other airlines. I know that RyanAir almost bought EasyJet, and yet the other UK airlines bailed them out and kept EasyJet going.

So, in the public's point of view, RyanAir, AKA The Flying Cow on Airline Empires, will be hated for, for starving out other airlines, and taking away the fun that is Airline Empires. :innocent:

There are no feelings for the passengers in R1. Only whiners complain about people who have a better money making strategy. Just saying, do you think AE is for making a profitable airlines, or to whine about big airlines

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

I am now #1 spot in R1, and i'm happy. In the future, The Flying Cow and maybe Starflyer will overtake me, simply because India has less big airports. I'm fine with that, i really don't care about those tiny trophies under your name. I salute any strategy in AE that let people climb in the leader boards as long as it's fun. Everyone will get hated by some people, and loved by others ^_^

Lets stop this argument, that i started please.

(it's been going on for long so that it's a "hot" topic XD)

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

• 89 posts

I am now #1 spot in R1, and i'm happy. In the future, The Flying Cow and maybe Starflyer will overtake me, simply because India has less big airports. I'm fine with that, i really don't care about those tiny trophies under your name. I salute any strategy in AE that let people climb in the leader boards as long as it's fun. Everyone will get hated by some people, and loved by others ^_^

Lets stop this argument, that i started please.

(it's been going on for long so that it's a "hot" topic XD)

You go, jarkii! :yahoo:

uddNEMA.jpg

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

I wish you were on MS990...

I hope you get banned from this community for this type of comments.

https://en.wikipedia...tAir_Flight_990

"EgyptAir Flight 990 (MS990/MSR990) was a regularly scheduled flight from Los Angeles International Airport, United States, to Cairo International Airport, Egypt, with a stop at John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City. On 31 October 1999, the Boeing 767 operating the route crashed into the Atlantic Ocean about 60 miles (100 km) south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, killing all 217 people on board. The official "probable cause" of the crash was deliberate action by the relief first officer."

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I hope you get banned from this community for this type of comments.

https://en.wikipedia...tAir_Flight_990

"EgyptAir Flight 990 (MS990/MSR990) was a regularly scheduled flight from Los Angeles International Airport, United States, to Cairo International Airport, Egypt, with a stop at John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York City. On 31 October 1999, the Boeing 767 operating the route crashed into the Atlantic Ocean about 60 miles (100 km) south of Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, killing all 217 people on board. The official "probable cause" of the crash was deliberate action by the relief first officer."

It's an indication that you and everybody maybe should stfu and just drop this whole ****ing topic. It's causing arguments and it's going no where. I suggest we all call a truce and stop nit picking and what not at each other.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

It's an indication that you and everybody maybe should stfu and just drop this whole ****ing topic. It's causing arguments and it's going no where. I suggest we all call a truce and stop nit picking and what not at each other.

Nothing justifies your comment. There are red lines. The comment has been reported. 217 people killed in a catastrophe, you are just a f***ing idiot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users