• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Thanks to some Airlines, like The Flying Cow, USA has turned from the most profitable airline starting country, to the least. i can tell this because all airlines in america are losing money

!!! THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT !!!

If you are looking to start in R1, go for Europe or Asia.

Luckily mi in India XD

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Competition in US is always tough.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Some worlds are much tougher than others...

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Worlds that start before 1970 are difficult for a very simple reason: high capacity, long range, borderline OP fuel efficient turboprops. Juxtapose them against your other option: 1950s and 60s jet airliners and you can see how they can charge so little and get away with it.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

Thanks to some Airlines, like The Flying Cow, USA has turned from the most profitable airline starting country, to the least. i can tell this because all airlines in america are losing money

Luckily mi in India XD

I had my fair shares of dealing with Flying Cow. Nothing but cancer, I call them. I was doing so well with Paw Airways in the USA, until they started moving in. I had no way of recovering to compete against them, and fell through.

The tactics that Flying Cow is doing, IS PURE INSANITY!!! Airlines like Flying Cow, take the fun away from Airline Empires. Sure, some competition is fine, but being dragged into a war to keep your airline up in the air, is not fun at all!

uddNEMA.jpg

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Luckily mi in India XD

LoooL))))) I see another trolling post coming hahaha)))

Yeah, if you go to R1 please start in India as Jarkii is still operating there with very high margins and no competition at all :P

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

+1 :dance:

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

I had my fair shares of dealing with Flying Cow. Nothing but cancer, I call them. I was doing so well with Paw Airways in the USA, until they started moving in. I had no way of recovering to compete against them, and fell through.

The tactics that Flying Cow is doing, IS PURE INSANITY!!! Airlines like Flying Cow, take the fun away from Airline Empires. Sure, some competition is fine, but being dragged into a war to keep your airline up in the air, is not fun at all!

Sweetheart, I'm fighting the oligopoly you and other airlines created in US by setting high profit margins for yourself and fooling the poor passengers, giving them no options to fly around the country and around the globe. What's wrong if The Flying Cow can set max prices at $29 for 1000 miles flights, $99 for 2000 miles or $199 for 4000 miles simply because the mission of The Flying Cow is to make air transportation affordable for everyone? ;)

Enought trolling! This is a business simulator and not Alice in the Wonderland! :dance:

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Sweetheart, I'm fighting the oligopoly you and other airlines created in US by setting high profit margins for yourself and fooling the poor passengers, giving them no options to fly around the country and around the globe. What's wrong if The Flying Cow can set max prices at $29 for 1000 miles flights, $99 for 2000 miles or $199 for 4000 miles simply because the mission of The Flying Cow is to make air transportation affordable for everyone? ;)

Enought trolling! This is a business simulator and not Alice in the Wonderland! :dance:

You say this is a business simulator, yet, in actual terms, your airline is an insult to the word "business simulator". Also, the problem with charging only $30 on a flight has its downsides. Yes, you will get more pax on your planes, but charging $30 for a 1000 mile flight also tells the pax that your airline must be at such a low quality that you cannot sustain reasonable and fair prices of that of other, higher quality airlines. And I can see why. Your seat configurations are worthy of a school bus, you must not care about if your planes are maintained because looking at your airline, your mechanics barely have time to maintain them. Other faults: you still have dreary, slower then molasses props in the jet age, you have aircraft that shouldn't be in your fleet, you probably have horrid In Flight Service. And explain to me why you have so many aircraft.

This is what a "business simulator" airline should look like: http://ae31.airline-...ae3r0&player=87

My seat configurations are reasonable and don't sardine can my passengers, I make sure I properly maintain my aircraft, I have aircraft that are realistic to use, I have great service on my flights and don't overflow markets unreasonably, and I have a reasonable amount of aircraft for the era and time frame.

Then you accuse other players of trolling and overflowing markets, etc.....well sweety, it takes one to know one.

Also Alice in the Wonderland doesn't exist...

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

You say this is a business simulator, yet, in actual terms, your airline is an insult to the word "business simulator". Also, the problem with charging only $30 on a flight has its downsides. Yes, you will get more pax on your planes, but charging $30 for a 1000 mile flight also tells the pax that your airline must be at such a low quality that you cannot sustain reasonable and fair prices of that of other, higher quality airlines. And I can see why. Your seat configurations are worthy of a school bus, you must not care about if your planes are maintained because looking at your airline, your mechanics barely have time to maintain them. Other faults: you still have dreary, slower then molasses props in the jet age, you have aircraft that shouldn't be in your fleet, you probably have horrid In Flight Service. And explain to me why you have so many aircraft.

This is what a "business simulator" airline should look like: http://ae31.airline-...ae3r0&player=87

My seat configurations are reasonable and don't sardine can my passengers, I make sure I properly maintain my aircraft, I have aircraft that are realistic to use, I have great service on my flights and don't overflow markets unreasonably, and I have a reasonable amount of aircraft for the era and time frame.

Then you accuse other players of trolling and overflowing markets, etc.....well sweety, it takes one to know one.

Also Alice in the Wonderland doesn't exist...

Instead of giving a speech about what you "believe" is the "right" or "fair" thing according to you:

CHECK THIS REAL WORLD AIRLINE https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/

... you should do better your homework to avoid such weak argumentation :dance: :dance3:  :dance2:

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Personally I like keeping my airlines as realistic as possible with seat configurations, IFE, IFS, aircraft types and number of aircraft but, I don't have any argument against spamlines since the game still allows it. If you don't want spamlines, don't operate one. And if you're competing with a spamline, deal with it.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

"[...] deal with it.

+1

8Y4T5pG.png

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Guys, Again, This is not a complaint.

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Where you Penguin Air? or was there an actual Paw Airways, because i never saw a Paw Airways in R1

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This is what Whinny British Airways and Lufthansa cry about every time they see Ryanair Tail wiggling around the sky.

hawaiianbeats

hawaiianbeats

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Instead of giving a speech about what you "believe" is the "right" or "fair" thing according to you:
CHECK THIS REAL WORLD AIRLINE https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/
... you should do better your homework to avoid such weak argumentation :dance: :dance3:  :dance2:

Obviously there giving low-ball flights,there desperate for money.what airline does lottery in a plane. All they want is your money they don't care about your comfort or the problems your having with ife or your seat. The only reason ryan-air still up there is because of there low priced flights,
There staff not even properly trained. That is the future of Ryan air and flying cow, trying to make money off anything before they get sucked down that drain

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Obviously there giving low-ball flights,there desperate for money.what airline does lottery in a plane. All they want is your money they don't care about your comfort or the problems your having with ife or your seat. The only reason ryan-air still up there is because of there low priced flights,
There staff not even properly trained. That is the future of Ryan air and flying cow, trying to make money off anything before they get sucked down that drain

That's what smart people do. You could vouch for Lufthansa all you want but they're always in the hole. Get on with the time. Nobody want to pay $100 more just to get cold sandwiches and a can of coke (or 1" seat pitch difference between the seat).

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

That's freakin right, they're there because of prices, they want money and I'll give it to them if they have the right product. It's called capitalism.

I'm not gonna pay a 250€ return ticket for flag-carriers if Ryanair offers the same thing at 19+19€. But if the flag carrier offers similar thing at similar prices as LCC (because LCCs made them more competitive) I'm gonna choose the flag carrier, because they still have upper hand in reliability of service with their alliance connections or whatever, but they can't win me over at 5X higher prices.

And I don't care much about snobbish "comfort" on a 1-2 h inter-European flight that's as long as my daily public transport commute in the city... Some goodies with some airlines come nicely but I'm not gonna pay 200€ more to hope for a cup of tea and a sandwich (and most flag carriers don't even serve any food anymore in economy at European flights anyway). 

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Personally I like keeping my airlines as realistic as possible with seat configurations, IFE, IFS, aircraft types and number of aircraft but, I don't have any argument against spamlines since the game still allows it. If you don't want spamlines, don't operate one. And if you're competing with a spamline, deal with it.

The whole thing depends how you see the underlying game concept. If you approach it as a fantasy world and not a business simulator, then fully agree that one can just enjoy creating an airline with a bunch of planes and then that's all. The other perspective is seeing the game as a business simulator where your strategic decisions are driven by market demand and, therefore, as long as there's demand for a given route at a given price and you have spare resources (e.g. money or planes) that are idle, putting them to work at anything that would offer you any positive return is a deal. Thus, you end up putting planes until you reach a point where an alternative route would give you higher profits and then you start filling those routes following the same logic.

I fully agree with the point that whatever your competitors turn out to be there're two options: closing the company or compete and reinvent yourself, and IMHO the second one is the one that would provide intersting insights and learning experiences ^_^

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Food for though: When you establish a Low Cost Carrier you have no choice but focusing on just being excellent in operations and finance performance as you fully depend on your narrow margins. Once you get scale and economies of scale start to kick in, as long as your variable costs are kept optimized (e.g. efficient fuel consumption, operations, etc.) and your fixed costs (back office, terminals, etc.) don't skyrocket, it's much much easier to perform an "uptrade" of your brand and prices marketing wise (e.g. Vueling airline, that repositioned themselves from LCC to "regular airline") than expecting a KLM, Air France, Lufthansa and co. to start cutting costs, risking to damage their main asset: their BRAND. At the end what they choose is to create Germanwings and other LCC to compete with other LCC.

Therefore, if LCC can compete and be sustainable long enough, the top carriers will stop flying empty planes on those routes where they cannot compete in prices and all those routes will be taken over by LCC. Nevertheless, there'll alwas be a market for everyone as in the world there's enough people that still will be willing to pay for business class or to fly with Lufthansa just because they can and they are willing to.

In a nutshell that's where we are heading and that's why I'm confident that The Flying Cow and Ryanair will just be doing more than OK :rofl2:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users