Photo

Overcrowded Airspace

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

dragon877

dragon877

• 13 posts
i specially hate it when newbs match ur frequency number for number, i launch 12 flights a day they launch the same thing...in a matter of AE days they choke out the route and everybody's profit suffers.....they dont seem to understand much bout making profits seems to me they're just in it to screw everybody

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
hear hear ricky :).

slannoy

slannoy

• 31 posts
I have an other history

I had on ORY DUS 101.000 a day than a Q400 arrived and i shut down to 50.000

You don't need a Beech to kill a market

compuXP

compuXP

• 98 posts
Hm... I'm thinking that maybe those "worlds" would be good also to spread the newbies around...

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by miller22
Don't forget that you can build your own terminals. There are very few airports that will not allow you to build unlimited gates.

you need at least 300 mil in plain cash first

slannoy

slannoy

• 31 posts
Could be possible to made joint ventures between airlines to build theses.

It's cost a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
Wow, $300 mil for terminals? I don't think anyone could afford that yet, not even the cheaters! I'm more concerned, though, about the route traffic and profits, which is what 'da noobs' are screwing up.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
arent you one of the "da noobs"????

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
LMAO, now that was funny.:cool::) Hell no, I've been doing this for 4 or 5 months now, I know what I'm doing.:)

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Yes, dividing AE up into different worlds may be the best option, however as I said in the Suggestions forum, AE is a very bandwidth-intensive game, so wouldnt creating multiple worlds/instances of the game multiply our bandwidth usage? Miller how much bandwidth do we have on this new server?

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
Well, what about the easiest solution, closing up registration? Especially knowing that AE is a mega bandwidth-using game, more airlines joining=more bandwidth, but I'm sure you know that already.

compuXP

compuXP

• 98 posts
AirCanada, this should probably be taken to the developers' forums for discussion, but if we store in the DB, with a column for what world they're in, it should be simple then... actually that would really be all it is I think... I may be wrong but off of the top of my head, I think that's all it requires.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Well call me dumb lol...lol jk sorry...had final exam earlier and I'm sick as a dog lol....but yeah you're right. It would take a bit of coding but thats all we need to do....k compuXP lets continue this in the developers forum

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
If we create seperate "worlds," then everybody who registered in one would register in another. Another "world" would require another server.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by miller22
If we create seperate "worlds," then everybody who registered in one would register in another. Another "world" would require another server.

:)

compuXP

compuXP

• 98 posts
No no - the location of the user (like what world he/she's in) is not chosen by the user. It would be chosen by the script.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Miller it doesnt require another server, just another column in the DB specifying what world they are in then just modify scripts to take the worlds into consideration.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, at the moment, money is still to be made, but yeah, i think solution needs to be found to the current issue and whatever u guys come up with, will hopefully make AE better than before.

:)

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
I find it sad how selfish some people are.

Just because we found out about this site first doens't mean we are better than everyone else. Some of you make it sound like we own the divine right to this game just because we were here first.

Why shouldn't newbies be given a shot? If they all suck as you guys seem to think, then it won't be a problem right? They'll wage a price war for a little while, go bankrupt and stop. What do you have to worry about?

And if they are good, and surpass you one day, then maybe that'll shrink those oversized egos a little bit.

The bottom line is, it's simply not realistic for the game to limit the number of players just so you can make more money. In real life, large established airlines have to deal with new start-ups everyday. There is no legally-imposed limit on how many airlines can exist in the world. The world's population, supply and demand, and the nature of competitive business will take care of that. It's survival of the fittest. If you can beat the newbies, then you have nothing to worry about. If you can't, then maybe it's time to step down.

[Edited on 6/14/2005 by Crazy764]

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Crazy, It's not the fact that we hate the newbies, it's the fact that they are coming in swarms and taking over the routes very fast!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users