- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
You have to wonder why ticket prices would drop like that. Irl a new airline would hardly ever be able to capture all of your pax, unless they are offering $1 fares. But in all of the cases I've seen, the new airlines on the route are coming in with higher dollar amount and less frequency. So, yeah it really sucks when you have a route where you are making $350K/ day and then all of a sudden you are making $-30K. I've even tried setting ticket prices much lower and higher than what the best profit margin would be on the route and it doesn't matter, you can still lose all of the profit on the route.:mad:

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts
Now it is 952 airlines.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
My DOP will probably drop by another 150,000 or so tonight...this is getting ridiculous. Soon it will be zilch.

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
lol i just received all my orders at once and wasnt ready for them lol now im 22mil in debt but at 891 dob i should be out pretty by the end of the month.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Are u sure ur not just making it sound worse than it is?????

There is still money to be made in the game and even this amount of airlines at the moment, there is something for everybody. U just have to find ur niche and exploit it to the fullest!!!!! :cool:

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Well I'm sure that the change in profits for everyone is also effecting sever bandwidth. With everyone changing/ editing the ticket prices on routes on an almost hourly basis has got to put a load on the server. It wouldn't be so bad if the profits didn't take such a drastic hit just because someone opens a new route or changes the ticket price by a few dollars.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
All of you complaining about losing DOP, be quiet and look harder! Just found a route that incresed my DOP by $40,000! Unknown gold mines are out there, you just got to look.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Increasing my DOP by 200k and then losing half of it after just 5 hours of sleep is not the most amusing thing in the world. I have found some potential routes but the Bombardier queue is insane!

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by piercey
All of you complaining about losing DOP, be quiet and look harder! Just found a route that incresed my DOP by $40,000! Unknown gold mines are out there, you just got to look.

$40K ? If that's all you're worried about then just wait. When you have a DOP of $1.5M and you check it an hour later and you're down to $800K, you'll see what the rest of us are talking about.

compuXP

compuXP

• 98 posts
We're working on this problem. So far what we think is the best solution is to divide AE up into different "worlds". Evenly. When new airlines register, you go to the least populated "world". No interaction with other worlds is done with routes and stuff, so that would clear up the airspace. A lot. And we plan to design it so that we can easily add new "worlds". This division would have no effect on the forums.

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
great i cant wait for this to be implemented. btw do you have an ETA for it? also in no way is that pushy its just a questino before you flame me.

compuXP

compuXP

• 98 posts
Not at all. We're not even sure if we'll do it. :) I hope we will. Miller has to give his final word on it before coding begins.

(Btw, the question was fine :))

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
great and thanks for not burning me :) lol.

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts

Originally posted by baw887
great and thanks for not burning me :P lol.

I think it was a very good question that everyone had on their mind but I'm sure someone, somewhere will still flame it :):)

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
lol well it is tradition :).

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
then there are those annoying newbies that come in and undercut you.. argh...

[edit]and i mean like 100+ dollars

[Edited on 6/14/2005 by Nathaniel]

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
I've lost almost 50,000 dollars in profit due to newbies comeing in and charging 80 bucks for a route where everyone else charges 250 to 300. :mad:

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
Actually, on a few of my routes I had 2 newbies come on and try beating me out so I charge 60 bucks now for the route in hopes of getting them off. It just gets so annoying, you make a lot of money on one route and they come and screw you up..

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Don't forget that you can build your own terminals. There are very few airports that will not allow you to build unlimited gates.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Originally posted by miller22
Don't forget that you can build your own terminals. There are very few airports that will not allow you to build unlimited gates.

But there is no such thing as unlimited passengers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users