Photo

Overcrowded Airspace

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
1000 is WAY to much, even the 790 odd airlines right now is too much.

Syrami764

Syrami764

• 57 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Chandaman61388
  • Yahoo ID:delta76234

Originally posted by piercey
agreed, but these are only a select number of airports in this game, compared to real life.

True, but there are still more than enough to make a substantial profit

soundisgood

soundisgood

• 10 posts
It seems to me that the simplest answer would be to add more airports or more gates. If were talking about real life... Airports build new gates and terminals. A good example of this is the airports like LAX and JFK that are spending huge amounts of money to handle the A380. Where I live my tax dollars are paying for a new terminal. Also, the last time I was at LAX it looked pretty full.

If you break up the game you would never know who the best really is???

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen
If registration is still closed how are new members joining?

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I know this has been brought up before, but I'll say it again since it is on topic. Look at the last 10-15 pages of the rankings, many of these pages have airlines that either have zero gates and zero planes, zero planes and some cities, or some planes and zero cities. This is stupid, these type of airlines take up space and memory (I assume) so that the can just sit. One of the Ae developers should send a message to these airlines that says something like what is below:

Dear _________,
It has been noticed that your airline lacks at least 1 plane, 1 gate, or both. It has also been noticed that minimal to no activity has taken place within your airline. If no activity is seen within your airline or you do not aquire at least one gate in each of two cities and at least one plane, your airline will be deleated.

Of course, there should be a "request time off" feature for people who need to take at least one week trips and are unable to attend to the game, but that belongs on a different board.

Airline55:cool:

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by Rammstein
The simple solution to this is to stop accepting new airlines, and set a limit at say... 1000. Delete inactive accounts, and increase the ammount of cities by ALOT.

For example, it is the smaller-medium sized cities that need attention. Like in Austria, you have Vienna but there is no Salzburg or Innsbruck. These smaller-medium cities would be destinations optimal for beginner airlines and the bigger cities would have too much competition. That is the reason. We just need more smaller cities, because with all these big cities there is no room for the smaller airline because the routes are inefficient to run B1900D's on and are overcrowded. There needs to be more of an emphasis on the "regional airline". That is what I am doing with my airline so far... I am based at Hamburg and I haven't touched Berlin or Copenhagen or Amsterdam, I am flying to the smaller cities to make a better profit. I know the topic of new cities has been brought up a million times, but it really is the key to solve this problem.

agreed, but what do you call South Bend (my former city of residense), Greensboro, and Grand Rapids?

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Quote: "Of course, there should be a "request time off" feature for people who need to take at least one week trips and are unable to attend to the game, but that belongs on a different board."

For now, all you can do is contact Miller. That's what we were told at one point.

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
I'm definitely gonna need that soon lol. I'm about a week or so from a move to Florida from Detroit. :)

dandude22

dandude22

• 33 posts
Adding new airports will definately help. If KPVD and KMHT are added, that'll help people who are based in the Boston area.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
I'm being forced to retaliate to other airlines like every 5 minutes...

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
This is a common occurance on these sims, on Airlinesim.de they had over 1600 holdings at one point with over 3000 airlines! They of coarse had more airports but they also had leasing (which means more traffic per startup) The game was in no way crowded except for several international destinations. It was very comparable to this game.

-Jasper-

-Jasper-

• 16 posts

User's Awards

Originally posted by S.A. 13
Initial Construction Fees: $300,000,000
Gate Construction Fees (X * $5,000,000):

Normally it will take $305,000,000 because 5 is the minimum.

Are there monthly costs you will have to pay for the gates at your own terminal?

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

Originally posted by -Jasper-
Are there monthly costs you will have to pay for the gates at your own terminal?

Yes. But if you build a terminal, you will get a 10% discount on your gates

-Jasper-

-Jasper-

• 16 posts

User's Awards

Is this the only advantage you get besides the ability to build a unlimited amount of gates?

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Ugh, slept 5 hours (which is less than the healthy amount, got woken up by my sis) to find my DOP dropping by 200,000...

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, thats no good there Pacific, by in the last game, when i woke up, i would have variances of like $1-2 mil DOP from where i left it the night before !!!! Now, thats a concern!!!!!!!! :mad:

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
im having the same problem guys. i think we should have the levels idea as im sure that teh game will get overloaded pretty soon now there is like over 900 airlines my dop went from 670k to just under 600k. i am having to check my fares every damn hour or so to make sure they stop dropping. as i said in a prevoius post soon this game will become unenjoyable and people will stop playing. dont get me wrong miler has done a wonderful job minus a few discrepencies and i enjoy this game a lot. but this is just absurd. lets take the LHR-MAN route. there are 17 airlines operating 68 daily frequencies with 1371 daily seats on the route. much more then irl. i agree that the thing about stopping stuff like allowing carriers to operate between lhr and america but only allowing 4 of them is a good idea. but im sure that irl no one would allow this kind of amount of flights per route. in fact im sure that lhr would be at and above the amount of flights it can handle if this was real. if we had the level thing that would be great and allow airlines to compete much better.

Jevans19

Jevans19

• 31 posts
I'm done with the game because I can't stand all of the new airlines coming in undercutting my prices. The game has gotten so it is no enjoyable and too much of a hassel for a bugged (but good anyways) game. The thought of having to check in every 20-30 minutes for the rest of the summer until I'm back in school is unbearable, but it would be the only way for me to keep a profit. I leave the game for 45 minutes and I've gone from making $184k on a route to making -$16k, which to me is unreasonable that some newbie can come in and just screw me over like that. I hardly find it worth a little bit of simulated management that hours of my day must go into the game in order to be succesful. Between the cheaters and the newbies the game has become horrid, but thanks to Miller and everyone else on the development team for creating an interesting game. Good luck with future developments, and maybe once you get the 2000+ airlines in the game sorted out I will come back. Again, thank you Miller and everyone else on the development team.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, hopefully when everything is once sorted, u decide to come back. I know how it must feel when some newbies come into routes and destroy that route very quickly, however, i think Miller will find a suitable solution to the problem and hopefully make the game more realistic.

:)

baw887

baw887

• 77 posts
like large subsidies :) *hint hint* *wink wink* *nudge nudge* :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users