Photo

Overcrowded Airspace

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
AE is becoming a victim of it's own success!

The game is back online for 1 week, and all the Brussels gates are already sold out. There is too much competition on the routes, too many airlines, this makes the game far from realistic. What will happen in the next week? Seriously: it won't be possible to built a decent hub and spoke structure, gates will become less frequent .

Currently: 744 airlines
Let's assume that we currently have 270 airports (don't know the exact amount, but i'am to lazy to count them), and every airline has an equal chance to buy gates all over the world

270*99 gates = 26730 gates
26730 gates/744 airlines = 35 gates per airline.
35 gates * 5 slots = 175 frequencies per airline.

Compare this to the first AE game:
The first AE game I had over 50 BRU gates, and a decent hub with international connections.

Something has to be done!
Why not splitting up the games?

[Edited on 12/6/2005 by EuropAir]

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
It's been brought up before, can't find the link though.

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
Yeah but in mean time a lot of airlines joined without AE's capacity being increased.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I agree with EuropAir here!!!!

We need to make some type of seperation of where there is a limit to airlines in a system of different levels, made up of 200-300 airlines each and people can play closer to realism than what is currently happening.

And yes, this has been discussed before and dealt with, but it will become a problem in due course. I can only imagine the day when poeple start complaining about no gates available, then all hell is going to break loose!!!! :)

[Edited on 12-6-05 by Maestro69]

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
defenatly, and sadly with all the cheaters in here...

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
Yeah it could be easely done, let's say you need a certain score to go to the next game, false airlines, people who give up will stick in game one. Possible subcategories: Beginner, Average, Expert. Every subcategory with a different difficulity.

You can also have games where alliances are allowed, or games were alliances are not allowed.

By writing a script that automatically removes the airlines that were not accessed in 3 weeks, you can easely take control of inactive airlines and airlines used for cheating purposes. (now they just remain in the list)

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Are new signups already open? The number of active airlines have just passed the 780 mark.

I agree that the game needs to be split or increase the passenger volume on a per month basis in the programming.

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by Pacific]

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

Originally posted by piercey
defenatly, and sadly with all the cheaters in here...

you can cut it with that.

And yeah, i think the levels thing would be a good idea. Some airlines don't evn have routes yet! STILL!

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

Originally posted by EuropAir
Yeah it could be easely done, let's say you need a certain score to go to the next game, false airlines, people who give up will stick in game one. Possible subcategories: Beginner, Average, Expert. Every subcategory with a different difficulity.

You can also have games where alliances are allowed, or games were alliances are not allowed.

By writing a script that automatically removes the airlines that were not accessed in 3 weeks, you can easely take control of inactive airlines and airlines used for cheating purposes. (now they just remain in the list)

the top 100 should be expert, then prolly 101-501 average, then the rest as begennier.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

Originally posted by AirKevin
If there aren't any gates, save up some money to build a terminal. Simple.

lol. I forgot how much time it takes in order to get money to build a terminal.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

Originally posted by S.A. 13

Originally posted by AirKevin

lol. I forgot how much time it takes in order to get money to build a terminal.

:)

how much money does it take? never done it before.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
Initial Construction Fees: $300,000,000
Gate Construction Fees (X * $5,000,000):

Normally it will take $305,000,000 because 5 is the minimum.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
daaang...im not going to be doing that sometime soon lol. congrats on ur graduation!

KnottsRocks

KnottsRocks

• 46 posts
  • WLM ID:aj949@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:KnottsRocks
i like that idea of spliting them up but that could casue another reset and my airlines doing really good so NO WAY lol

KnottsRocks

KnottsRocks

• 46 posts
  • WLM ID:aj949@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:KnottsRocks
i like that idea of spliting them up but that could casue another reset and my airlines doing really good so NO WAY lol

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Double post?

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts

This is my third reset one more or less, what does it matter

You definately never built terminals before

[Edited on 12/6/2005 by EuropAir]

Syrami764

Syrami764

• 57 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Chandaman61388
  • Yahoo ID:delta76234
Why make different worlds or games? Real world airlines don't get that choice....... it is only over crowded because 6 airlines decide to operate the same route with the same plane with 10 frequencys each and decide to charge $500..... the game itself isn't overcrowded, certain routes are, but if they're overcrowded find new routes, there are more than enough destinations where you can make a profit where hardly any other airlines are. Think about it how can it be over crowded if there isn't even .00001% of the planes in the real world in this game?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
agreed, but these are only a select number of airports in this game, compared to real life.

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts
The simple solution to this is to stop accepting new airlines, and set a limit at say... 1000. Delete inactive accounts, and increase the ammount of cities by ALOT.

For example, it is the smaller-medium sized cities that need attention. Like in Austria, you have Vienna but there is no Salzburg or Innsbruck. These smaller-medium cities would be destinations optimal for beginner airlines and the bigger cities would have too much competition. That is the reason. We just need more smaller cities, because with all these big cities there is no room for the smaller airline because the routes are inefficient to run B1900D's on and are overcrowded. There needs to be more of an emphasis on the "regional airline". That is what I am doing with my airline so far... I am based at Hamburg and I haven't touched Berlin or Copenhagen or Amsterdam, I am flying to the smaller cities to make a better profit. I know the topic of new cities has been brought up a million times, but it really is the key to solve this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users