Photo

What do you think is the hardest country to operate out of?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

The U.S. I personally find to be moderate difficulty - just use the LCC method. Customers will be attracted by the price and that is where your money will come from. That being said, the U.S. is a major host for spam lines, so you have to know how to defeat them, and depending on who you're up against, that can be a challenge. I've had 2 airlines suddenly drop into a financial crisis in America as well, so you really have to know how to micromanage or your company will die.

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

The U.S. I personally find to be moderate difficulty - just use the LCC method. Customers will be attracted by the price and that is where your money will come from. That being said, the U.S. is a major host for spam lines, so you have to know how to defeat them, and depending on who you're up against, that can be a challenge. I've had 2 airlines suddenly drop into a financial crisis in America as well, so you really have to know how to micromanage or your company will die.

That's why I always avoid the US altogether. And I hate adopting the LCC business model in AE. For as long as I'm here, I'll never even try one or the other, whether it's running an airline in the US or an LCC.

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
Liechtenstein. They don't have an airport!

They do have a heliport but it isn't very useful as the nation is surrounded by high mountains on nearly all sides.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
Actually, I can beat that:

Andorra (3 Heliports)
Monaco (1 Heliport)
Liechtenstein (1 Heliport)
San Marino (1 Heliport)
Vatican City (1 Heliport)
Tokelau - Territory (None)
Pitcairn - Territory (None)
South Ossetia - State-ish (None)
SADR - State-ish (None)
State of Palestine - State-ish-but-less-ish-than-others (4 Nonoperational Airports)
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

mastacheifa118

mastacheifa118

A trombone player

• 92 posts

If they were to build an airport in the Vatican, it might as well be a RC port. Even still, that might be too big.

colombian_aviator

colombian_aviator

SpaceX fan + Hardbass addict

• 135 posts

If you could only do domestic flights in the country in which your hq airport is... I would say Malta haha.

And since it would be better to say "by region" I would say south america in which I think doing international medium range flights is the only way to make a profit until you can get your hands on mexico and some part of the us, and its still a pretty long distance

rush b cyka

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

If you could only do domestic flights in the country in which your hq airport is... I would say Malta haha.

And since it would be better to say "by region" I would say south america in which I think doing international medium range flights is the only way to make a profit until you can get your hands on mexico and some part of the us, and its still a pretty long distance

Maltese person here.

Domestic flights are indeed possible and have been done both in game and in IRL. There's a heliport in Xewkija on the island of Gozo that is capable of serving passengers and is used for medical emergencies and people with helicopters.

siggie3.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

TBH, you should have said Hong Kong! Only 2 airports (one of which is actually a HELIPAD!)

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Australia is another one that gets swamped by spamliners, as I'm now discovering...

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

That's why I always avoid the US altogether. And I hate adopting the LCC business model in AE. For as long as I'm here, I'll never even try one or the other, whether it's running an airline in the US or an LCC.

My airline Classicale is both...

windairlines2018

windairlines2018

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

Sadly, most of Africa would be hard to make a go. Zaire, Congo, Rwanda, Mozambique, Chad and the list goes on.. under represented, poor nations that just don't have a lot people wanting to take flights into or out of.. a sad proposition to be sure. Too bad for that because there are some awesome cultures, places and areas that would be worth exploring.

That you are here—that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

WIND Boeing 737 800

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

South Ossetia - State-ish (None)
SADR - State-ish (None)
State of Palestine - State-ish-but-less-ish-than-others (4 Nonoperational Airports)

Another state-ish: Transnistria. They have a non-operational airport in Tiraspol (LU0T).

Also for all the people saying North Korea: No, it is not the worst country to operate out of. It is possible to make work. It's a matter of playing your cards right. I've run four iterations of Air Koryo from there, each more successful than the last.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

KSmashMC

KSmashMC

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
It’s Nauru actually. It’s TINY. Like one ultra small airport

DeltaIVSSBN

DeltaIVSSBN

Project 667BDRM

• 213 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

"They say Ukraine is hard"

http://ae31.airline-...e3r2&player=479

og EKPO

og EKPO

Longtime AE Player

• 100 posts

Perhaps South Georgia & the Sandwich Islands would pose a challenge. No airport exists for these territories of the UK.

Nami Nicole

Nami Nicole

Lawdy AE Student and Player

• 40 posts

Philippines - 1 Major Airport, 2 Secondary Airports, many Regional Airports.

However, once a competitor outruns you at MNL, you lose.

South Korea - too many competitors.

NfwgVxM.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Same thing in real life. South Korea already has too many airlines for a country of its size, and its aviation market is shrinking like Japan.

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

Netherlands ... Amsterdam Airport. Almost every airline has AMS as destination. Result: at least 1 or 2 competitors on all routes! Mostly LCC like Easyjet, Ryanair or a fantasy airline who ruin the game.

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

Agree with you for the Philippines, however, if you use your Philippine-China routes correctly, your profit is pretty decent.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
USA: If you're joining late in the game, FORGET ABOUT IT. Unless you find a few airports with massive holes (once we were a quarter way down the game, and I found TPA had one route out of it, same thing happened in another game with PDX), there's not a chance you're going to survive. America is spamline territory.

Wrong.

Tell that to RedJet, which joined 48 years into the game (R0) and is absolutely booming with 500+ aircraft and a solid market share comparable to airlines established from the start after 8 years of in-game ops.

Just use DC-9's.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users