Photo

What do you think is the hardest country to operate out of?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

buckeyecapsfan19

buckeyecapsfan19

AE Player

• 26 posts

User's Awards

Guam is sort of its own little territory but w/e. One airport in the middle of the Pacific with some tiny airports surrounding...

I seem to remember GUM has good demand to the typical airports (NRT, KIX, CTS, PEK) in Japan and China.....

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

The hardest I ever did was Djibouti and Namibia. The demand was only fit for 19-seaters but no 19-seater has the range to fly to almost any viable destination.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
I'll agree with UK, there is usually 20 airlines and it is such a small country. I think the Netherlands is also hard because there is always one big airline hogging all the routes from AMS, and RTM isn't big enough to operate out of. On the contrary, Ireland is relatively easy, I didn't have a problem last time I was there.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

I don't know why so many people are saying west eroupe and Ukraine. Wile west eroupe has alot of airlines it's not challenging to be profitable as long as you are in a big city. Also Ukraine has alot of demand from those big city.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Nepal

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

north korea they are a couple of airporrts but low demand 

Hub-and-spoke from Pyongyang. I once ran an Air Koryo in R2 and made a fortune. In fact, I made a little pamphlet, and every single airport I flew to is listed in there:

http://www.airline-e...tes-fleet-1990/

Protip: If you don't care about realism, you'll make even more dough by NOT flying Crusty, Careless, and Coot.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I think Canada is also quite hard to operate out of. There are 10 or so airports with great demand while at least 5 spamlines are in the country.

767holic

767holic

AE Know It All

• 225 posts

User's Awards

3    4         

I ever tried to start operations in North Korea as Air Koryo with All-Soviet/Eastern Bloc planes in R0 world a year ago. Got a profit but only a little. Using Il-14, Il-18, An-24, Tu-114, and i'm not remember clearly but it seems that i also use some IL-62's too(which was such a fuel guzzler). Went bankrupt-ed by admin because i've got no time to handle it..

Another country i ever tried is Suriname. Only one airport with limited demand and only able to operate with less than 10 737-200's and 1 747SP or DC8 (not clearly remember as i played it on 2012 or 2013)

Another again is Timor Leste. Tried it in Early 2014 R6 world as Air Timor to supplement my Sriwijaya Air on Indonesia. Using only one 737-800 or 737-500, not remember it clearly. Only have one city with very limited demand (actually in real world, Dili has great demand), and you can only rely with many cities in Indonesia even with low demand (which is also very risky, another airline from Indonesia might come to your city and destroy the route market). You may also fly to KL or SG from Dili, but again the demand are very limited. Went bankrupt after not able to make profit.

"Managing a real world airline is not as easy as you play Airline Empires. Real world airline are more and much more complicated"

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Nepal

Couldn't you just serve India and Bangladesh? Once you have more money buy some 757 and fly to Big Asian cities and Dubai.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Nepal

Couldn't you just serve India and Bangladesh? Once you have more money buy some 757 and fly to Big Asian cities and Dubai.

Is anyone going to follow up on that?

Dumpster Fire

Dumpster Fire

AE Player

• 50 posts

Faroe Islands. Or a regional airline in Iceland.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Greenland... obvious reasons

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

This is my 100th post! :D

coyotedelmar

coyotedelmar

• 4 posts

Is anyone going to follow up on that?

Been trying an airline in Nepal, and if game world isn't being considered, there is enough demand for that to work. The 'Stans, Southeast Asia, and China provide some decent to good routes as well. In the game world I'm trying it in, I probably could still do India without starting too much of a war with the established airline, but been enough routes not being flown (or under-utilized) to not need to get into that yet. 

Iones

Iones

Ricky Fort's Soldier

• 43 posts

Swaziland, Lesotho, Lebanon?, Monaco, Bhutan, etc. I can go on like this for three months more.

seleccion_argentina_costado.jpg

MightyBobtheBuilder

MightyBobtheBuilder

AE Player

• 36 posts

Yeah I've operated a Greenlandic airline it's tough - An-72's are great though.

Radwan

Radwan

AE's Lebanese Embassador

• 6 posts

Lebanon is not that easy. No particularly high demand on any route.

However, after a few tries, I managed to create an airline based here : http://ae31.airline-...3s4b&player=636

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Greenland is still doable.

Try Wallis and Futuna.

noelair%20banner.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Greenland is still doable.

Try Wallis and Futuna.

I took your advice as a challenge and after much frustration I give you this http://ae31.airline-...3r0&player=2632 which does actually make 3% profit margins ^_^ .

MightyBobtheBuilder

MightyBobtheBuilder

AE Player

• 36 posts

So any requests for me to start an airline somewhere?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users