Photo

What do you think is the hardest country to operate out of?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

How about Palau? It only has one airport, and passenger demand to major airports nearby (Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, etc) seems to be in the mid thirties. Come to think of it, Nauru must be even harder.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

How about Palau? It only has one airport, and passenger demand to major airports nearby (Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, etc) seems to be in the mid thirties. Come to think of it, Nauru must be even harder.

Have you even seen Bangui or Niamey?

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

Have you even seen Bangui or Niamey?

Never dared to 

What's the demand like?

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Never dared to
What's the demand like?

The only planes to make anything out there are the Il-18 and Cl-44 from experience. No routes with higher demand than 10 daily.

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

The only planes to make anything out there are the Il-18 and Cl-44 from experience. No routes with higher demand than 10 daily.

That's awful!

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

Although the US has many airports, I agree with the many who have said that it is very hard to operate if you join too late. 

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Most countries arent that challenging to operate out of. However some are. I would say that with the expectation of Nigeria all of west Africa is challenging and the Sahel region of Africa. Also central america excluding Mexico ( and although it's challenging Costa Rica and panama).and south America excluding Brazil. But with alot of work Venezuela can work provided you start in Caracas. Central Asia is challenging. Also the whole Caribbean excluding the Bahamas,Haiti, the dominican republic,puerto rico,Aruba and U.S virgin islands. Also anatricia and the north pole. 

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

USA: If you're joining late in the game, FORGET ABOUT IT. Unless you find a few airports with massive holes (once we were a quarter way down the game, and I found TPA had one route out of it, same thing happened in another game with PDX), there's not a chance you're going to survive. America is spamline territory.

Not true. I have an airline in R0 I started in 2000 in the US and it has $1.5 billion all A320 series and all aircraft owned.

Attached File  5W5.png   659.81KB   0 downloads

wgOP4y0.jpg

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

There are always opportunities in America, just don't expect an easy ride because competition is very annoying and you can get someone on your tail and crashing your prices just for the f*** of it every minute they get. -.- I'm running my first big airline in US and I've never been so annoyed in AE.

But it's always possible in US, simply too many big airports not to be successful.

Just don't fly ALT-ORD, DEN-CLT. SFO-DFW, LAX-JFK the first minute you come late in the game if there are already 5x more planes than demand, and I see many players do just that. -.- Search for best options, not jump in at your first idea of a good route.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
India is surprisingly difficult. I'll say now that it isn't in Greenland or USA level but it isn't easy. It's a very large country, and many people fly to India. Domestic routes are much easier than international ones out of India.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

India is surprisingly difficult. I'll say now that it isn't in Greenland or USA level but it isn't easy. It's a very large country, and many people fly to India. Domestic routes are much easier than international ones out of India.

Not always, I've played a few times in neighboring countries and I'm sure there was no serious competition in India. I was surprised as well.

I would say it's a similar case to other big but not biggest markets like Japan, Russia, Turkey, Indonesia, Brazil - sometimes you have worst competition imaginable, and sometimes it's very easy if you were lucky enough to have weak competition, and a few times I've seen literally no competition at all.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

How about some of you set up in Las Malvinas and we'll see how much you complete about countries with a billion people then.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

UK

It has the highest ratio of airlines to demand - look at the number of airlines per country (visible in the rankings page).

Some other countries can get very busy - Indonesia and South Korea always seem popular.

cian95

cian95

tupolev tu 154 is class

• 32 posts

north korea they are a couple of airporrts but low demand 

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Eritrea, Djibouti, Greenland, Bhutan, Northern Mariana Islands,

Coco X

Coco X

AE's most fashionable member

• 135 posts
Vanuatu and French Polynesia, I've tried both and both ended badly.......

Coco x
DWA_Sig_3_7.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

make an airline in the west bank loooll

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

make an airline in the west bank loooll

As much as I hate agreeing with spam accounts, the West Bank would honestly have to be the hardest. How to fly when there's no demand?

QITdCef.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I attempted to start an airline in the West Bank and you're not allowed to set up there. Same with Gaza. No gates there.

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

Guam is sort of its own little territory but w/e. One airport in the middle of the Pacific with some tiny airports surrounding...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users