$160?!?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Jazyf1

Jazyf1

• 135 posts
this is very bad can't open a new route now.....this sucks:(

Every route is like $160...s*** this sucks...

no need to buying new aircrafts if its like this:(:o

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
I should begin to wonder if Chicken's losing money on a few of his routes, because I changed some of my prices back, and he was on a few of my routes.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by Salomon

Ha ha, poor Ruber Chicken Transport :o :P

Who is Ruber Chicken Transport?

And ... I am working my way through them. Slowly.

And ... this is a perfect set up for re-activation of the Navy bug. Any one entering a route and setting a lower fare on a route with too much capacity could activate the bug. So please reset your fares

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
Oh, crap. Someone opened a route, and now my profits took a serious hit. Prices reset, but I'm afraid the profits won't return to the way they were before this happened.:o

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
To be honest, I don't see any real solution to this (unless of course we could "revert" to another day, which can't happen). All of us will bite the bullet and try to reset prices, but there will be that one guy that will keep his at 160 just to get the increased load factor and drive everyone else off the route (or try)...I can't imagine you guys making money off of this because I'm definitely losing it :o

Jazyf1

Jazyf1

• 135 posts

Originally posted by CaptKornDog
To be honest, I don't see any real solution to this (unless of course we could "revert" to another day, which can't happen). All of us will bite the bullet and try to reset prices, but there will be that one guy that will keep his at 160 just to get the increased load factor and drive everyone else off the route (or try)...I can't imagine you guys making money off of this because I'm definitely losing it :o

Yeah.....I would go for a game restart because this sucks very bad....it has ruined the game:(:P

Willip

Willip

• 198 posts
my DOP was up by about 10K last nigt, this morning it was down 80K :o

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

Originally posted by Jazyf1

Yeah.....I would go for a game restart because this sucks very bad....it has ruined the game:(:P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
Hmm maybe there is a way to "clear" all of our routes currently...but for us keeping our aircraft and gates currently owned. Kind of like a reset but we keep our assets...I know it will be a pain to recreate all of our routes, but a one-time inconvenience may be better than a total reset.

Jazyf1

Jazyf1

• 135 posts

Hmm maybe there is a way to "clear" all of our routes currently...but for us keeping our aircraft and gates currently owned. Kind of like a reset but we keep our assets...I know it will be a pain to recreate all of our routes, but a one-time inconvenience may be better than a total reset.

Yeah I was thinking the same...there must be a way to restart without lossing aircrafts, gates and etc......

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by Jazyf1]

Nidhal

Nidhal

• 56 posts
  • WLM ID:NidhalC@hotmail.com
All of my prices are 160$ but I have the same profit so I see no prob :o

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
I agree. This would be a better solution than a total reset. It would be nice to have some of the other bugs fixed though.

Originally posted by Jazyf1

Yeah I was thinking the same...there must be a way to restart without lossing aircrafts, gates and etc......

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by Jazyf1]

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Sure, put all of your aircraft for sale on the market at ridiculous prices and then delist them. Then you can rebuild all of your routes over again. :o

My profits haven't changed much (+300K/day) after changing about 1/2 of my ticket prices back to what they were previously. I don't see you guys would cry for a reset. Don't be lazy, just suffer through it and change your ticket prices manually.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Why is everyone complaining? A restart is not needed, most routes are already seeing re-pricing.

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
Yes, repricing from a starting point of $160. To me, the entire simulation is ruined.

Originally posted by galapagapop
Why is everyone complaining? A restart is not needed, most routes are already seeing re-pricing.

hpscot08

hpscot08

• 504 posts
Pretend an ultra LCC was on your route for a day! :o

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
Right, but if they never raise their prices back to where they were, we are stuck with New York-Tokyo for $160.

dandude22

dandude22

• 33 posts
To me this exposes more and more ticket pricing bugs.

For example, before the $160 bug, after every day change, one of my routes' profit would go down to -$17,000. After I just reentered the price, the profit went back upt to $90,000!

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
I know. That is a well known bug.

Originally posted by dandude22
To me this exposes more and more ticket pricing bugs.

For example, before the $160 bug, after every day change, one of my routes' profit would go down to -$17,000. After I just reentered the price, the profit went back upt to $90,000!

cufcskim

cufcskim

• 21 posts

Originally posted by duckbilled
Right, but if they never raise their prices back to where they were, we are stuck with New York-Tokyo for $160.

Yes but if you raise the price, their load factor will hit 100% and yours will rise. Supply V Demand

Prices ARE rising and falling on routes (where appropriate) after this and will stablise back to "previous" levels within a day or two.

A game reset is not required.
Infact such an action would just pander to those weak and feeble muppets crying because the game is finally starting to get somewhere near the cut-throat competion of real airline operations. Resetting would just make it all easy again and pointless.

NO TO RESET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users