$160?!?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

MaveN

MaveN

• 11 posts
ya, one of my big routes got set to $160. and a whole bunch of small ones too! and the frequencies were set to 1. dang what caused this?

[Edited on 7/24/2005 by MaveN]

[Edited on 7/24/2005 by MaveN]

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
lol, its gona be a pain having to reset prices once another airline has

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
How about a reset with a load of new features to cheer us all up? This can actually cause huge problems, some people wont want to change the ticket price incase of a loss of profits.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
What I do see is the rankings page fixed so airlines have their actual values

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Could this problem force a complete reset?

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
This is a strange problem, but let me say this. People are going to gradually change their ticket prices because the routes won't stay as they are now. People will open and close routes. So eventually, everything's going to be back to normal.

Oh, and let me add that if you're on a route with NO competition, you can safely change your prices back.

[Edited on 7/24/2005 by AirKevin]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Oh man, this is going to be a pain. I got 12 pages worth of routes all set @ $160!!!!!! :mad:

Oh well, its going to take me some time getting everything back the prices originally on those routes!!!!!

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
It seems that the $160 is only a cover and that the loadfactor calculation is not effected, I changed all of my two pages of routes and ended up gaining $70,000 DOP.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
We it hit me nickel and dime. Since many of my routes probably won't be changed as many of the competitors will keep the new price, my profits dropped about 10%.

Now I don't see a bug causing this, my guess is a price this uniform coould only be performed by a hack. It's too round of a number to be just a bug, and Miller is a better coder than that.

Miller, I'm sure you've changed your password by now. To anyone else with universal database access, may I recommend a 16 digit hexadecimal number instead of the name of your goldfish or your favorite Adult Swim character?

AA306R

AA306R

• 104 posts
  • WLM ID:emilsejr@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Emilionaire365
This is a real shame, everything was going along nice in AE especially for me and now happens ughh. I had to change most of my routes back to normal the rest well... if I change those I lose profit. Whoever did this F%$k off and get a life.:mad:

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Good news for me, my profit raised by 100,000!!!! :o

SmartJunco

SmartJunco

• 20 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:SmartJunco
My DOP went up a smidge of $1,000.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
While your profits may have gone up a little bit, that is probably only temporary. With the other bugs of this game (like dramatic drop of profits whenever the competition adjusts their prices by even a cent), this one can get quite ugly...

It's already happening to my routes.

dhc_chipmunk

dhc_chipmunk

Crazy critter

• 56 posts

Originally posted by Crazy764
While your profits may have gone up a little bit, that is probably only temporary. With the other bugs of this game (like dramatic drop of profits whenever the competition adjusts their prices by even a cent), this one can get quite ugly...

It's already happening to my routes.

Looking at it from a lighter perspective, I sometimes find it amusing that when you have 2 or more aircraft on the same route: Change the price of aircraft A to a lower price than B, and load factor on B drops like a rock... change the price to a higher price than B, then the load factor of B rises like a...um... err... I'm not good with analogies :o

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
So what is the resolution? Reset all of my prices? Are they going to stay where I put them or are they just going to rest to $160 again?

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
So what does this mean? Has the problem been fixed? Should I bother resetting my prices?

Originally posted by miller22
There are no slaves to the db, so there is no running backup. The database can barely keep up with the current one.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Until it's official that the DB was hacked, I'd have to guess that maybe the DB is losing its integrity. With all of the resets it has had I have to wonder if maybe it didn't crash the last time with the ticket price of $160 stuck in the sytem somewhere and it overwrote everyones ticket prices with that. I've seen much worse happen. :o

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Well all, I have tried to alter my prices back to what I thought they were, and for all attempts I can not get the same profit margins as they was before.

Even tried taking off so routes and expanding on others and still lost some massive % margins.

Has anyone got any ideas. Or do we all ask for a TOTAL RESET !!!

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
This is so strange. Before whatever the hell it was that happened I was making 230k on one of my routes and then this happened, now Im making only 124k because some bone head joined my route and is charging $160 for it!

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by DevSilv7]

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
I corrected my prices but they are again back to 160.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users