44 replies to this topic

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hi boys (and girls, hopefully :) ),

as you all mentioned, I were not active in AE development for a few weeks. I was looking for a new job, busy at the current, finished some work on my new book, were on some business trips in Germany and the UK (London is great :) ) - but now I'm back.

So I have to backup with my code for the new used market so it will get integrated into AE2 within the next weeks. Beside this I want to solve bugs - and only bugs - so my question to you folks is: What are the most critical/nerving bugs?

Thanks for your help :D

Bye,
Tobias

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Whats your new Book called?

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts

Whats your new Book called?

Hi,

right now it's just for the German market: "PHP-Zertifizierung: Übungsbuch mit deutschen Fragen", a book with German test questions for the Zend PHP-Test (the test to become a ZCE, Zend Certified Engineer).

By now only one book is in translation to a foreign language - but it's Spain. So if you know a foreign language manager at a publishing company just ask to check out my books :)

Bye,

Tobias

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Cool. I'm talking to a famous publisher!!:)

markiemark

markiemark

TWISTER AIRLINES

• 54 posts
As you already mentioned the used a/c market. As airline owner of twister Airlines I need to use the used a/c market a lot. When I buy at the used a/c market, I need to buy a lot in a row, or putting a buy in a queue, using the back option in explorer. I I don't I wil get stucked for a while after buying one a/c. So mabye this can be fixed quite easily before the complete new used a/c market will be there. I know that there are a lot more bugs in the used market, like loosing money for the owner when you buy an aircraft. Sometimes you even get payed for buying.

I also found by yesterday a new bug. I wanted to buy a terminal in DCA. I now own 29 gates and need more. But I can't because DCA is not big enough to expand a terminal bigger as I have now. it says that there is not enough room for a terminal with more as 35 gates.

For sure there will be more bugs to mention, but this are the ones that are bothering me the most at this moment.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Not exactly a bug as such, more of a query/ irritance, but where people have say, 64 hubs worldwide. Can hubs not be limited to say, the continent you begin in. Otherwise it gets silly when a person hubs in LHR, IAD, JFK, HNL, BSB, DKR, DEL, HKG, NRT and SYD, e.t.c.
Posted Image

PapaNovember

PapaNovember

• 44 posts

Not exactly a bug as such, more of a query/ irritance, but where people have say, 64 hubs worldwide. Can hubs not be limited to say, the continent you begin in. Otherwise it gets silly when a person hubs in LHR, IAD, JFK, HNL, BSB, DKR, DEL, HKG, NRT and SYD, e.t.c.

No kidding. A while back I mentioned something similar when someone (I can't remember who) was soliciting suggestions. Airlines should have to "grow" via routes to be worldwide. Not just buy gates wherever if they have the cash. That would help considerably with saturation - at least early in the game.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
I think this is a nice idea - I will discuss it within the team, I think its not too difficult to implement but it's a hard limitation within the game in comparison to the current situation.

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
Can you fix the problem with the route research page. Anytime i calculate the profit from lets say Toronto to Lime, Peru it says that there is a 65,000 profit. I tried recalculating to see if it was right and it gave me the same thing. So when i actually tried the route i was operating a -100,000 profit. I have also tried it other routes and it gave me the same problem.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Same here:(

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Nice to see you around Tobias. One of the biggest of course is the load factor script. I'm not sure if you even want to touch that. Otherwise, we could use some help with the demand and/or profit margins on routes to the smaller airports that were added to Sim 2. Most of them you can not even make a profit with a 19 seat aircraft even if you are the only airline on the route.

One other bigger one that some airlines are abusing is the swap aircraft feature, especially in Sim 1. This should either be removed or if possible, it should force an automatic route reset (use the script from Sim 2 once only when making the swap). This would leave the feature intact and would alleviate a lot of the abuse going on.

Some of the minor ones - Fixing the list sort for gates and aircraft market, city names, and a few of the other requests from the bugs forum or the tracking software.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Whats the Swap Aircraft feature, is it private sales?

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

Whats the Swap Aircraft feature, is it private sales?

No swap aircraft feature is when you have a route with lets say a J-31 and you buy a new plane like EMB 170, you click on the link change aircraft on the route info and you can replace that J-31 with the EMB without closing the route and opening a new one, i believe that is what he is referring to.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Okay then:)

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
I will fix the loadfactor thing (it's also annoying me :) ). Thereafter I will invest some time in sorting of lists, this should be easy and done very fast.

I will also have a look at the DCA-problem of markiemark.

I will post a message within this thread when I resolved/updated something.

Bye,
Tobias

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Elchie (is it okay to call you Tobias or not?) you are the best. Thanks for helping us:)

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Its okay to call me with both names - choose which you want :)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae

Real airlines have hubs in more than one continent! PanAm used to have hubs in North America, Europe, and Asia. In the current world there are many airlines with hubs in multiple continents. Northwest and United both have hubs in Tokyo Narita (where I happen to be now as I'm typing this); Northwest also calls Amsterdam a hub; Continental has a hub in Guam; Jet Airways from India has a hub in Brussels; Delta has a hub in one of those small west African countries. This is in addition to the many many airlines with 5th freedom rights in countries where they can drop off and pick up pax in countries that isn't their home country.

The way the game is designed, if you were limited to hubs in 1 continent it would halt any growth at some point and everyone would pretty much be the same size. That's not what the game is about. There are many cities that can't support a high enough ticket price on a long haul route but can be served from a hub in a foreign continent. Unless the ticket price part of the LF equation was seriously boosted for long hauls then this limitation wouldn't work!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

markiemark

markiemark

TWISTER AIRLINES

• 54 posts
Thanks Archie, I do not know if more Airports have this problem, but at least it would make me able to return the airport gates if I own a terminal, so other players have a chance to have more gates there either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users