- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
fish10:

Well, maybe limit the amount fo foreign hubs an airline has, or make it so there is a limit on the number of flights people can use without passing through a domestic airport.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

fish10:

Well, maybe limit the amount fo foreign hubs an airline has, or make it so there is a limit on the number of flights people can use without passing through a domestic airport.

Good suggestion and one we must look at.....dont put it past some changes to happen very soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

some airlines are abusing is the swap aircraft feature, especially in Sim 1. This should either be removed or if possible, it should force an automatic route reset (use the script from Sim 2 once only when making the swap). This would leave the feature intact and would alleviate a lot of the abuse going on.

While Courtney dissagrees this is a must look at issue, agree Kris this swapping issue need attention sooner / then later

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Nice to see you around Tobias. One of the biggest of course is the load factor script. I'm not sure if you even want to touch that. Otherwise, we could use some help with the demand and/or profit margins on routes to the smaller airports that were added to Sim 2. Most of them you can not even make a profit with a 19 seat aircraft even if you are the only airline on the route.

One other bigger one that some airlines are abusing is the swap aircraft feature, especially in Sim 1. This should either be removed or if possible, it should force an automatic route reset (use the script from Sim 2 once only when making the swap). This would leave the feature intact and would alleviate a lot of the abuse going on.

Some of the minor ones - Fixing the list sort for gates and aircraft market, city names, and a few of the other requests from the bugs forum or the tracking software.

I think all of the above are the main priorities. Nice post drv4truk, totally agree with what u said. :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Just as a update: I'm currently working on the loadfactor/profit issue. But this will take a while, many code to read and to think about :)

And 20 minutes later this issue is fixed, I think.

Now there will be no surprise between research and route creation, but the profit/lf/price differs a little bit, but not so much as before. This existing difference is related to the following:

- At research you select a airplane model in general, but when you create the route with a "real" airplane this one have an age - and the age has a influence to the ticket price
- If you create a route with the automatic pricing feature after the creation all other auto prices routes between this city (also the competitor ones) will change to price to match the new seat capacity - and changing the price of the other routes will lead into a new change to your newly created price - so it's to difficult to predict on the research page the exact ticket price.

I've tested it now on some routes and have seen a difference of 2,000 to 4,000 $ between research and real route - same route before the change: research said I will earn 60,000 $, the created route had a profit of just 5,000 $.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts

I also found by yesterday a new bug. I wanted to buy a terminal in DCA. I now own 29 gates and need more. But I can't because DCA is not big enough to expand a terminal bigger as I have now. it says that there is not enough room for a terminal with more as 35 gates.

There was an error within the database. The limit for the maximum number of gates was wrong for exactly one airport - DCA :)

So it's fixed now.

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts

There was an error within the database. The limit for the maximum number of gates was wrong for exactly one airport - DCA :)

So it's fixed now.

Was it an error for sure? DCA in real life is a very small airport with no possibility for expansion. I think the limit was intentional.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Tobias: Check STL as well, does that have a limit too?

EDIT: DCA is the only one in my database too. I'll fix that when I next load it up.
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Hm I thinked so first - but in the game/code we have a general limit of gates for every airport.

Additional there can be set another limit for an special airport within the database, the database-limit will overwrite the "static" one.

Right know the only limit within the database was set for DCA - and I think there are also many other small airports that should differ from a global limit. So I think this database feature was disabled for some reason, and the entry for DCA was just forgotten.

If I accept the limit for DCA there is also something wrong: The limit within the database was set to 45, currently 125 gates are assigned to users at this airport, so the limit was not fully applied.

So I'm nearly sure: It was an error.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
When I first got the database off Miller, there were a couple more airports like DCA. STL I think was one of them and possibly SAN or one like that. Not too sure though. Looks like it was one I forgot to edit out when I posted it to the Google Docs one, and has amalgamated itself into the game. Kudos to markiemark for spotting it though!
Posted Image

markiemark

markiemark

TWISTER AIRLINES

• 54 posts
Thanks for helping me out. Just returned the gates at DCA and builded a terminal without problems with 35+ gates. As well for STL as for SAN no problems for building a terminal either, with more as 35+ gates(did not but as I do not need).
Thanks again Elchie and others for support on this and hopefully you can focus now on more important bugs wich can easiliy be solved either.

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts

Just as a update: I'm currently working on the loadfactor/profit issue. But this will take a while, many code to read and to think about :).

thx alot for fixing the bug.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
But it seems there is now another problem within the research :) But I will check this out.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j
Huge probably I originally believed that the research tool was broken, but it is all of auto pricing, a LF on every route is broken, it shows 100% LF and $0 profit

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
This is fixed now - just wait for the game reset on sunday, starting then it will work again.

rocksandfossils

rocksandfossils

Banned

• 257 posts

Hm I thinked so first - but in the game/code we have a general limit of gates for every airport.

Additional there can be set another limit for an special airport within the database, the database-limit will overwrite the "static" one.

Right know the only limit within the database was set for DCA - and I think there are also many other small airports that should differ from a global limit. So I think this database feature was disabled for some reason, and the entry for DCA was just forgotten.

If I accept the limit for DCA there is also something wrong: The limit within the database was set to 45, currently 125 gates are assigned to users at this airport, so the limit was not fully applied.

So I'm nearly sure: It was an error.

I seem to remember a couple years back when I played, there were limits at LGA, DCA, HND, and maybe MDW, which are usually regarded as airports where there isn't much room for expansion in the real world. But maybe I remembered wrong.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Nope, you indeed remembered correctly. I'd go so far as saying only months ago there were limits, when Miller gave me the database there were airports under a "maxgates" column, which sets limits on how many gates an airport can be expanded to, I believe.
Posted Image

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
Round has started but I'd like to add in my $0.02 anyway:

*I don't think it would be that hard to add but add in a feature to route research that will allow the user to input current capacity already on the route that they are researching.

*Downsize HND. Wow, I don't think HND can realistically offer 100x flights HND-LAX without ticket prices being $5. lol

Also as a note, I'm still getting weird bugs when creating routes. Sometimes with auto-price the route looks good but once created still lowers LF down to really low. Only a manual pricing can fix some routes.
Airline ID: 8791 in the World Airline Alliance

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

Round has started but I'd like to add in my $0.02 anyway:

*I don't think it would be that hard to add but add in a feature to route research that will allow the user to input current capacity already on the route that they are researching.

*Downsize HND. Wow, I don't think HND can realistically offer 100x flights HND-LAX without ticket prices being $5. lol

Also as a note, I'm still getting weird bugs when creating routes. Sometimes with auto-price the route looks good but once created still lowers LF down to really low. Only a manual pricing can fix some routes.

Yep,Ii believe the LF problem hasn't been addressed yet but i am pretty sure it is being looked along with the bugs that have been recently fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users