- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
This really urks me.
I'm now locked out of the CDG market!

On a thread below, KLM (aka Drum, etc, etc.), Ian Air, and Australias are all on record complaining about gate hogging in ATL. One player actually wants us to believe that the ACE alliance has a "strict policy" forbidding the practice of hogging. These guys are pointing a finger at everyone else and yet they're guilty of their own accusations.

I encourage everyone to look closely at these carriers:

:thumbdown: IAN AIR (ACE) is running a nice little hi freq operation ATL-BHM to lock up his share of ATL gates.

•••••••(EDITED) - In fairness, Ian Air has downsized the ATL-BHM run and is running normally now.••••••••

:thumbdown: KLM (WAA) is engaged in a much larger practice on his MDW-SBN and MDW-ORD runs. He has now gobbled up all the gates in Chicago (both O'Hare and Midway).

:thumbdown: AUSTRALIS (WAA) - But great big Australis has got to be my favorite. Here's our no 1 player who somehow managed to create a nice little chunk of gates at DCA well after those gates had all been taken. Don't see a terminal there Australis, how did that happen?? And as for my little gripe - there's nothing left in CDG thanks to his greed (see post below)...

And check several of the other ACE alliance members for their "strict policy" adherance - :thumbdown: RISING SUN (ACE) in MUC is a good example (MUC-NUR). He gobbled up the last of the Munich gates.

You guys are all pieces of work. Do what you want but don't lecture the rest of us when we all start following your first page example next round...

Everyone needs to take pricing potshots at these guys when you can.

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Here's the stats on the worst offenders:

AUSTRALIS (WAA): (PRESIDENT of the WAA, ranked No.1)
:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Currently running 66 flights a day between Paris De Gaul and Paris Orly.
• Created a 10+ gate operation at DCA after the gate tally showed zero.
• Along with KLM, is currently running 74 flights a day BWI to DCA.
All gates gone Paris De Gaul
All gates gone Washington National

KLM (WAA): (finished No. 3 last round and a top 5 player this round)
:thumbdown:

• Currently running 45 flights a day MDW-SBN, and...
• Currently running 21 flights a day MDW-ORD, and...
• Along with KLM, is running 74 flights a day BWI-DCA.
All gates gone at both Chicago airports
All gates gone Washington National

RISING SUN (ACE): (finished No. 9 last round)
:thumbdown:

• 38 flights a day MUC-NUR
All gates gone in MUC

It's bad enough to gate hog, but worse yet is lecturing other smaller players while you're engaged in the same practice.

Shame on each of you.

ian

ian

• 436 posts
please inform me how the hell running 7x on 1 route is gate hogging?

Edit: i am running ATL-BHM 8x not 7x my apologies......but still that is not gate hoarding no matter what you say

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
If this is so, then this is disappointing. I wonder if Timsher is gonna do anything about those ACE members. There was a thread somewhere from last round where he said that the voted on making gate hogging not allowed in his alliance. KLM and Australis are WAA, which is usually top tier players. They don't have any policy in place to my knowledge. I should add that W900A has a policy against gate hogging unless it is to hold a gate or two for a plane that will be delivered soon.

As for what ian's doing. I don't see much wrong with it. Many airlines do it, Henri's airways had some 100 frequencies on that route last round.

ian

ian

• 436 posts

If this is so, then this is disappointing. I wonder if Timsher is gonna do anything about those ACE members. There was a thread somewhere from last round where he said that the voted on making gate hogging not allowed in his alliance. KLM and Australis are WAA, which is usually top tier players. They don't have any policy in place to my knowledge. I should add that W900A has a policy against gate hogging unless it is to hold a gate or two for a plane that will be delivered soon.

Last time i checked 8x freq is not gate hogging, am i correct?

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
Sorry bout that, guess we were typing our responses at the same time, so when I posted, your reply was already up (and his stats were not up yet either.).

ian

ian

• 436 posts
and also, with my unused gates that i have in ATL, take a look at my pending deliveries for this next month, you will see that they will be used with all the a/c i have coming in

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Sorry bout that, guess we were typing our responses at the same time, so when I posted, your reply was already up (and his stats were not up yet either.).

no worries, just dont understand how someone can accuse you of gate hogging with you arent even using half of the a/c time on the route.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
And your point is?

This has been brought up many times along with all the other little niggles with this sim. Things like this need to be coded into the game so certain things can't be done, that way ALL must play equally fair.

Like selling frames at 50% , like the LF bug like, like the - figure with gates , like ... need I go on.

And what is your airline? It's not Windows is it , because if it is I have noticed this game and last that every city Windows is in the gates go into the minus figures, just like DCA now.

Add that to you moan and groan list. And if you want to know, I also have 5 DCA gates that will go to Australis when it is necessary.

And while you are at it go look at all the others that are holding gates , I can't wait to see the long list.

P.S Not long ago in the news there was an item about an airline flying an empty plane between Heathrow and Dublin I belive (could be wrong) just to hold onto it's slots. so these things happen in real life too.
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=4238
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=6222
http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=4234
Here is some reading material about other outrages against gate hoggers. Even TW, one of the game's admin couldn't stand it anymore.

Also, I know that if a airport is feeling not enough usage is coming out of a gate or sees better use for one, they might also reserve the right to take the gates away, but that depends on the terms of the contract that the airline signed with the airport (remember, there have to be other facilities making cash at the airports.)

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Ian, it was much higher earlier.
But thanks for adjusting it. :)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
What I am saying is that it's pretty pointless bringing this up again and again. It needs to be coded into the game engine that certain things are not possible.

If you search the forum this has been brought up about a zillion times and nothing gets done about it and if you think by naming me to make me feel guilty then i'm sorry i'm gonna have to disappoint you.

PM miller22 or TW about it maybe if they have time they can code it into the game but don't hold your breath.

Once again, there are NO rules that say you can't fly 100x on a particular route, if it's good ethics is another matter but then it's up to me (and others) to live with that.

One problem that never used to be here is that people who stop playing never get their gates returned, it used to be that gates were returned after a specific period in time , 2 weeks I think and then the problem was not so evident, maybe that needs to be put back?
Posted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
The point is you're lecturing others about a practice which is running rampent in your own backyard.

(Windows? No, I'm a smaller player in Europe who got screwed in Paris. And I'd prefer to stay anonymous since I'm still a small level player. It would be nice to see some of those gates released at CDG, however.)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

The point is you're lecturing others about a practice which is running rampent in your own backyard.

(Windows? No, I'd prefer to stay anonymous as I am still a small player)

Lecturing? And what did I say and where is the source?
Posted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Are you kidding??!!??

You started this thread did you not?

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=6858

And I'm quoting your first post which references the last of the ATL gates to go:

Ah well, it's pretty easy to see who the culprit is, hope your proud of yourself!

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Are you kidding??!!??

You started this thread did you not?

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=6858

And I'm quoting your first post which references the last of the ATL gates to go:

Ah well you see , this post is about another bug making gates go into minus figures, nothing to do with holding gates for future use.

And I did not name anyone.

Care to add anything alse to your winging list?
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts

What I am saying is that it's pretty pointless bringing this up again and again. It needs to be coded into the game engine that certain things are not possible.

If you search the forum this has been brought up about a zillion times and nothing gets done about it and if you think by naming me to make me feel guilty then i'm sorry i'm gonna have to disappoint you.

PM miller22 or TW about it maybe if they have time they can code it into the game but don't hold your breath.

Once again, there are NO rules that say you can't fly 100x on a particular route, if it's good ethics is another matter but then it's up to me (and others) to live with that.

One problem that never used to be here is that people who stop playing never get their gates returned, it used to be that gates were returned after a specific period in time , 2 weeks I think and then the problem was not so evident, maybe that needs to be put back?

I recall this was after a hacker went into the game and messed that up, along with aircraft aging. Anyways, you may not be able to fly 100X on routes, but it was also coded in so that doing such a route would bring you into the negatives. Apparently, those who do widescale hogging had gotten around that by getting that third B1900D cheap early on and get way ahead of everyone by getting more capable planes, which in turn help cover the costs of these routes. Also, as I stated in the thread from last round, it screws over people who want to expand, but can't because their central airport is cluttered up by some top 50 guy with 100x frequencies on a 25nm route. This eventually leaves to people leaving the game and leaving only 35-50 airlines that remain active because they can't move around.

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Quote from Glennos, KLM Airlines, and president of the WAA.

Add that to you moan and groan list. And if you want to know, I also have 5 DCA gates that will go to Australis when it is necessary.

I'd say this pretty much says it all.

The WAA is engaged in outright, unapologetic, and well organized strategic gate hogging!!!

It pays to cheat in this game I guess.

Enjoy the No. 1 spot Australis.
Now we all know now how you got there.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I recall this was after a hacker went into the game and messed that up, along with aircraft aging. Anyways, you may not be able to fly 100X on routes, but it was also coded in so that doing such a route would bring you into the negatives. Apparently, those who do widescale hogging had gotten around that by getting that third B1900D cheap early on and get way ahead of everyone by getting more capable planes, which in turn help cover the costs of these routes. Also, as I stated in the thread from last round, it screws over people who want to expand, but can't because their central airport is cluttered up by some top 50 guy with 100x frequencies on a 25nm route. This eventually leaves to people leaving the game and leaving only 35-50 airlines that remain active because they can't move around.

I totally agree with you but unless there are rules or it's coded into the game engine / script then it's all basically a gentlemen's agreement not to do certain things and i'm afraid that does not work in an online game.
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
A Gentlemen's agreement is possible, its just a matter if they can retain a good reliable source of contact. Perhaps that this forum could use an agreements section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users