Photo

Double Standards of Gate Hogging

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

A Gentlemen's agreement is possible, its just a matter if they can retain a good reliable source of contact. Perhaps that this forum could use an agreements section.

Good luck when you're dealing with the WAA, and the ACE alliance.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Posted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Your mention of cheating is way out of order, it's not cheating, not by any stretch. Cheating is selling planes at 50% privately (this could easily be fixed) or using the LF bug for gain but flying a route as many times as you want is NOT cheating.

Why should I apologize for doing something that is not against the rules. Maybe you should go and play somewhere else if your not happy about it?

You just have a grudge cause you got bounced out of CDG , ah well such is life.

So "technically" is selling aircraft at below market values against the rules?? Why not adopt the practice yourself if you're so accepting of gate hogging? How about those DCA gates for your buddy Australis??

You know its cheating, so just accept that your first page performance stands on the shoulders of tactics the rest of us try to avoid. It's the only reason you guys stay on the first page. Guys like Banana don't do it. Song doesn't do it. PSA doesn't do it. Palm Tree Express doesn't do it. So, why do you?? Perhaps we should post a "Top Ten" list of our own, with big astericks by the WAA and ACE guys so we know who really belongs in the winners circle and who doesn't.

The leader of the WAA cheats.
And I'm not so certain members of ACE are any better.

Period.

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
ACE is a very reasonable alliance as are some people in WAA. Timsher will try to help other airlines they ask and he sees it reasonable. Also, SONG a WAA member is known to try helping other airlines that try to enter ORD to help "Keep the AE spirit alive." Those are just two examples of how these two alliances have someone that is good and don't hog it to themselves. Trust me, though they have people concidered as "unreasonable", there is also a equal amount of WAA and ACE members that Play the game honestly, do care about the state of the game, and don't hog the game all to themselves.

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts

Your mention of cheating is way out of order, it's not cheating, not by any stretch. Cheating is selling planes at 50% privately (this could easily be fixed) or using the LF bug for gain but flying a route as many times as you want is NOT cheating.

Why should I apologize for doing something that is not against the rules. Maybe you should go and play somewhere else if your not happy about it?

You just have a grudge cause you got bounced out of CDG , ah well such is life.

All right, if selling planes at 50% to a fellow alliance member that needs a plane because they entered a bit late is cheating, then so is Gate hogging, as you're allowed to do both, but it is not seen as ethical.

@ Jaun Tripp, Glennos is right about Gate hogging not being cheating. But its seen by many as just plain out bad ethics (sorta like if a president or a politician takes "gifts" from interest groups. Not seen as against the rules until recently (in the US anyways), but just bad ethics.)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

So "technically" is selling aircraft at below market values against the rules?? Why not adopt the practice yourself if you're so accepting of gate hogging? How about those DCA gates for your buddy Australis??

You know its cheating, so just accept that your first page performance stands on the shoulders of tactics the rest of us try to avoid. It's the only reason you guys stay on the first page. Guys like Banana don't do it. PSA doesn't do it. Why you??

The WAA cheats.
And I'm not so sure ACE is any better.

Period.

I wish you would learn to read before you bleat out your replies , I said "Cheating is selling planes at 50% privately"

Same as you mentioned about the ATL -5 gates thread...pffff .

well i have had enough of this now, it was fun but you have your opinion and I have mine and as it's a free world we are entitled to that.

Have a good game :)
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

All right, if selling planes at 50% to a fellow alliance member that needs a plane because they entered a bit late is cheating, then so is Gate hogging, as you're allowed to do both, but it is not seen as ethical.

That is where you are wrong. Selling planes privately at cheap rates get's looked into by the anti-cheat police, gate holding does not.
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
Well, obviously, there must've been a epidemic (similar to our current gate hogging situation) that caused this to happen. If gate hogging by the top 100 continues as it does nowdays, then that too, even if it is to a small degree (holding for planes that will arrive soon) will become fully looked into by the anti-cheat police as well.

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Ian, it was much higher earlier.
But thanks for adjusting it. :)

at the highest point it was 18x (TWO DAYS AGO)and it was for less than a day in order to hold gates for deliveries i was getting at the month change......maybe you should do some research before you jump to conclusions

ian

ian

• 436 posts
ALso, there are no cheaters in ACE or WAA, the WAA is some of the finest people in the game, you o nthe other hand are a pathetic douche bag

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Australis' Double Standard:

During the last game a thread was started when gate hogging went wild, here's the link and note Australis' response:

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=6222

Here's the quote of his post critical of Henry Air's use of gate hogging:

Well, apart from losing money on the gate cost front, perhaps starts some ops and make ur life impossible. He sort of done the same thing last round aswell, and if not wrong, at DFW too...

Some people just cant never learn new ways.

Australis is our No. 1 ranked player in this round.
He finished No. 1 last round.
He's the moderator of this forum.

Guess if you can't beat em, join em eh Australis??

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts

You know its cheating, so just accept that your first page performance stands on the shoulders of tactics the rest of us try to avoid. It's the only reason you guys stay on the first page. Guys like Banana don't do it. Song doesn't do it. PSA doesn't do it. Palm Tree Express doesn't do it. So, why do you?? Perhaps we should post a "Top Ten" list of our own, with big astericks by the WAA and ACE guys so we know who really belongs in the winners circle and who doesn't.
Period.

I'm sorry Juan, but even a Khurschevesque person like me can't take WAA and ACE as a whole being accused of cheating. WAA and ACE are known to have the largest airlines, and a majority do not do very many questionable things. Most of these airlines are run by great people in my opinion and they try their best, while at the same time, if they can, make the game enjoyable for people other than themselves.

PS: Song is part of WAA as is PSA if I recall correctly.

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

I'm sorry Juan, but even a Khurschevesque person like me can't take WAA and ACE as a whole being accused of cheating. WAA and ACE are known to have the largest airlines, and a majority do not do very many questionable things. Most of these airlines are run by great people in my opinion and they try their best, while at the same time, if they can, make the game enjoyable for people other than themselves.

PS: Song is part of WAA as is PSA if I recall correctly.

I completely agree. These alliances have some good and some bad apples.

But for instance Australis is the LEADER OF THE WAA, is heavily engaged in gate hogging, and at the same time is boldly pointing the finger at others and accusing them of the same.

These are all top 10 players I'm talking about here.

There are certain members of the WAA and of ACE which are doing it.
These alliances need to self police if their policies are advertised as such.

Delta

Delta

See the world with Delta

• 61 posts
I personally never liked KLM and Australis (it depends). You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

EXTspotter

EXTspotter

Senior Opinion

• 173 posts
Have you heard yourselves? This is just pathetic, I do not condone this type of activity, but this is just going too far. Its just watching a load of little children pointing the finger at each other. I am sick and bloody tired of this type of childish behaviour, life isn't fair and if you don't like it, go run to mummy.
Flybe - Who'd've thought Pixies and Trolls would be certified pilots?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
This thread is hilarious , wahahaha.

/me yawns aloud and points at the hundreds of other threads on this same issue.

And Delta considering you don't even know me it's quite amazing. I really could not care less what you or others think.

I will carry on playing my own game. I suggest you do to or move on elsewhere where your winging and moaning will be more appreciated.

My last post in this thread but I will look in now and again if I need a good laugh.
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
Drum left our alliance to join the WAA and we all still like him at ACE.
Australlias is making a hell of a proffit so i really dont see what the problem is here. sounds to me like bitching and moaning because you are getting your ass kicked by bigger airlines

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Have you heard yourselves? This is just pathetic, I do not condone this type of activity, but this is just going too far. Its just watching a load of little children pointing the finger at each other. I am sick and bloody tired of this type of childish behaviour, life isn't fair and if you don't like it, go run to mummy.

British Pan European Airlines?

Well bud, well I'm not worried you're cheating with a ranking of No. 202.

Stellar performance dude. :saint:

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
Quote from KLM:

well i have had enough of this now, it was fun but you have your opinion and I have mine and as it's a free world we are entitled to that.

Have a good game.

I thought that was your last post?

Guess you always have to have the last word,
just like you always have to have the last of the gates....cheater. :)

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
Well he (Trippe) does have a point, you must admit. You could be a happy growing airline one AE day, and the next be nearly nothing because a top 5 came in and stopped your expansion all because he needed 30 gates for his 100 A333s when they arrive in year 3 or 4 (Though you'd think with all that cash they're making by then they could simply throw in about 150mil to build a terminal). The problem is what I have been stating the whole time. Bigger airlines take gates, curb the competition completly by preventing them from either entering or expanding there and to prevent those gates from being taken after the two month period, they dump a crapload of puddle jumpers on routes that are 25nm-150nm. This type of behavior makes the game nearly unplayable to those who just started quite frankly. Though I don't view it as cheating, I do concider it pretty low behavior by those who do it. AE has too many players now to have widescale gate hogging seen as something acceptable.

And Mr. Trippe, seeing that you seem to be pouncing on everyone that is below 150th rank, what is your airline called or what ranking is it now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users