Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Quote from KLM:

I thought that was your last post?

Guess you always have to have the last word,
just like you always have to have the last of the gates....cheater. :)

You wanna hope I don't find out what your airline is matey!
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
i plan on being a terminal in the next game year

ian

ian

• 436 posts

im sure i could help out too........

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

I completely agree. These alliances have some good and some bad apples.

But for instance Australis is the LEADER OF THE WAA, is heavily engaged in gate hogging, and at the same time is boldly pointing the finger at others and accusing them of the same.

These are all top 10 players I'm talking about here.

There are certain members of the WAA and of ACE which are doing it.
These alliances need to self police if their policies are advertised as such.

U know whats sad? U dont want to name ur airline becuase ur afraid. Im not afraid and im holding gates because:
1. I knew they were going to run out
2. Most player hold 3-4 gates at the preferred location to secure future slots
3. Im not hogging 40-50 gates. I only took around 10-15 gates. These slots are being used up every day when my planes are been delivered.

Honestly, if u think ur been left out, move out of CDG and let the big boys play. Im not a charity in AE and never will be. If u think ur so good, then why do u say u a small player? Why make a big fuss from a small crack in the wall?

And what about my DCA operation? I got gates there so once i free some up aircraft across my current operations, i can open more routes there. Obviously, have u taken some time to think, u would of realised that. But no, its easier to point and blame than to think and understand.

Come back to me when u are actually in the top 10 and u run a successful airline than blowing fumes at what people do.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

I personally never liked KLM and Australis (it depends). You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

Ah crap who left the backdoor open, Delta is here with his indepth knowlege of everything AE, and now we will hear about it.

I hate gate hogging, it's sloppy and dirty in my opinion, I run into problems every single month with gates, with cash, and picking markets based off of profit to imediately be see and profit from actually attaining those gates. I'm just not a fan of those who have gates constantly held for them and have A/C waiting for them so they can operate cash positive 100% of the time and so on, but we are in an anarchy of a game, anyone want to find a way to fix it?

BTW I had 4 gates for Maestro at CDG that I found (found 5 but I get one ;-) ), was going to give them to him, but hey Juan if you want em just say so, with month change all I can offer is 2, easy.

Cheers!
CEO of:
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts
deleted: double post

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

U know whats sad? U dont want to name ur airline becuase ur afraid. Im not afraid and im holding gates because:
1. I knew they were going to run out
2. Most player hold 3-4 gates at the preferred location to secure future slots
3. Im not hogging 40-50 gates. I only took around 10-15 gates. These slots are being used up every day when my planes are been delivered.

Honestly, if u think ur been left out, move out of CDG and let the big boys play. Im not a charity in AE and never will be. If u think ur so good, then why do u say u a small player? Why make a big fuss from a small crack in the wall?

And what about my DCA operation? I got gates there so once i free some up aircraft across my current operations, i can open more routes there. Obviously, have u taken some time to think, u would of realised that. But no, its easier to point and blame than to think and understand.

Come back to me when u are actually in the top 10 and u run a successful airline than blowing fumes at what people do.

Dunno why holding 10-15 is any better than 40-50. I've been tempted to hold as many gates as needed but I won't as it's simply a waste, a it's still dirty play. Serve the airport when your good and ready, operate regional bases fine, but not large 100nm route blobs with 100 frequencies.
CEO of:
Posted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

"matey"?

What are you a pirate?
Where's your parrot?

Maybe it's Australis.

Posted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Ah crap who left the backdoor open, Delta is here with his indepth knowlege of everything AE, and now we will hear about it.

I hate gate hogging, it's sloppy and dirty in my opinion, I run into problems every single month with gates, with cash, and picking markets based off of profit to imediately be see and profit from actually attaining those gates. I'm just not a fan of those who have gates constantly held for them and have A/C waiting for them so they can operate cash positive 100% of the time and so on, but we are in an anarchy of a game, anyone want to find a way to fix it?

BTW I had 4 gates for Maestro at CDG that I found (found 5 but I get one ;-) ), was going to give them to him, but hey Juan if you want em just say so, with month change all I can offer is 2, easy.

Cheers!

Thanks Banana, but I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere. Maybe I'll "find" some gates as you did.

Generous offer however from an honest and standup player - thanks!

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts

I totally agree with you but unless there are rules or it's coded into the game engine / script then it's all basically a gentlemen's agreement not to do certain things and i'm afraid that does not work in an online game.

Well it works among gentlemen.

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Here's the stats on the worst offenders:

AUSTRALIS (WAA): (PRESIDENT of the WAA, ranked No.1)
:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Currently running 66 flights a day between Paris De Gaul and Paris Orly.
• Created a 10+ gate operation at DCA after the gate tally showed zero.
• Along with KLM, is currently running 74 flights a day BWI to DCA.
All gates gone Paris De Gaul
All gates gone Washington National

Australis,

Nice try. Do the math idiot - you're hogging almost 20 gates in total, or about 100 slots, plus your idiot parrot friend KLM just admitted in an earlier post that his five DCA gates are being held for you.

So really we're talking about your airline currently hording upwards of 25 Gates aren't we? Do you deny this??

What's sad is your history of pointing the finger at other players for gate hogging and all the while, you and the rest of the WAA have been doing it all along to win.

Australis, you're dishonest and you cheat to win.

That, along with your grammer, is what's sad my friend.
I thought you had to be honest to be a moderator.

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Was that the last post or is this one? I'm getting confused matey...:confused:

Africaspotter

Africaspotter

Mr McCool

• 323 posts
  • Skype Name:Africaspotter
We haven't had that many posts in such a short time recently... Well, here is my 50 cents:

1. No insulting is needed in this forum! Neither is smartassing about grammar or spelling mistakes.

2. I suggest you all calm down for a second, sleep over it and we discuss this nicely tommorow again. It is a very sensitive issue, especially for new airlines that are driven out of an airport or do have problems getting gates. I know that myself, as I have experienced it as well. The problem is to define when gate hogging starts. Am I an evil gate hogger, if I keep one or two gates over month change or does it start with ten gates or one hundred? I imagine it will be hard to angree on something, so why not be a gentleman (thanks for mentioning that glarus) or gentlewomen and play the game in a way that allows every player to have a chance. There is no need to get gates for the next five years, but one or two should be just fine in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Felix
Voyage (13814) ... Number one airline.

The Number 1-Travel-Wiki at http://www.wikivoyage.org

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

We haven't had that many posts in such a short time recently... Well, here is my 50 cents:

1. No insulting is needed in this forum! Neither is smartassing about grammar or spelling mistakes.

I agree Felix.
My apologies.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Last time i checked, i was a moderator on the forums, not in the game. See, its 2 independent roles, which in the game, im a player just like u and on the forums, im the moderator that keeps the forum in check and make sure everything is running ok and everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun posting. Thats first.

Next, i do have gates and holding them, never denied that or will i. My airline is all there to see and its not like i can hide gates @ CDG and DCA. Do u not think people check my airline details out? do u think they are that naive?

Btw, grammer is spelt grammar. See, i try to help, not make the other person seem worthless....

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts
You still haven't addressed the fact that you've been accusing the other players of hoarding gates, when you and the rest of the front page players have been doing it yourselves.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Australis, you're dishonest and you cheat to win.

Gate hogging may be wrong or if you want, immoral, but no where does it say it is against the rules. A lot of us don't like it, but nothing is being done to stop it. The only way to stop is to cap the number of gates that an airline can lease from each airport per AE month. A lot of airlines will continue to use gate hogging as a strategy until Miller says otherwise or puts a stop to it. You obviously haven't figured out how to counter it, otherwise you wouldn't continue throwing your tantrum and bashing players left and right. Looking at the number of posts you have and how well you supposedly know AE makes me wonder if you didn't create a forum account just to cause trouble?
Posted ImagePosted Image

JuanTrippe

JuanTrippe

• 69 posts

Looking at the number of posts you have and how well you supposedly know AE makes me wonder if you didn't create a forum account just to cause trouble?

Come on PSA, don't tell me you're involved in this too.
Be HONEST, is the entire WAA engaged in this practice??

Let's just get it out on the table.
I actually quoted you above as one of the good guys.

And as far as "creating the profile to cause trouble" goes.....this account's been active since the beginning of the round and my first post was concerning CCAir running two airlines in Brussels (my airline's in Paris). Don't believe me? Do a search or ask Watchdog.

eti555

eti555

• 82 posts
Well that is so da*n awesome. Last round Australis and Drum were accusing me of cheating when I wasn't and now we have proof that you are cheating hahaha so nice.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

You still haven't addressed the fact that you've been accusing the other players of hoarding gates, when you and the rest of the front page players have been doing it yourselves.

Because some people tend to take around 30-50 gates and hogged them and rob most people of a chance to get a gate at that specific location early on. Then, they tend to sit on it for 2-3 weeks until they are able to get props and jets to fill it..

I took my gates @ CDG and DCA knowing i could get them filled asap and i am. Every month in AE, im getting at least 2 planes delivered and putting them into my current operations, apart from the 1-2 planes i buy off the used market aswell.

Wont be long before i start offering money for gates, as u shall see on the forums.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users