Photo

Blue Eagle Alliance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
The CEO of Liberty Airlines, Airline55, is looking for five to ten other interested airlines to launch Blue Eagle Alliance. All those interested will be welcome, but small airlines who plan to become large are prefered.
If you are interested, leave a post on this thread that includes your airline's name. If enough interest is found, a planned logo will be revealed. AS airlines grow larger, it will be good for airlines to join an alliance.

Hope you are interested,

Airline55:cool:

[Edited on 05/11/2005 by airline55]

Bryan

Bryan

• 31 posts
ABA [click here] , based in LYS, France, is interested in joining your alliance.
Currently focusing on high frequency, short routes around Lyon, served with ATRs.
Please u2u for further info :(

Also pls check u2u :(

[Edited on 6/19/2005 by Bryan]

Red

Red

• 23 posts
http://www.airlineem...hp?player=2089 MidAmerica Airways is interested. Currently based in ORD and fly mostly in the southeast and and the west coast a little. I fly 1 737-600, 1 ERJ-14oLR, and 1 B1900D.

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
I'd be interested, check U2U.:cool:

Bryan

Bryan

• 31 posts
Just wanted to second Air55's call here - we are working hard on a serious and fair charter here, and it seems like the 3 current members really want this alliance to work.
I've been looking in this whole alliance business for a couple of days now, and it has struck me how volatile and overall not very serious some of them are. Let me be clear, I am not criticizing here, but I only wnat to emphasize that we're speaking serious business here at BEA. As airline55 has said, we are doing all this in preparation for the day when alliances take a real meaning in AE -- and seeing how they define today's air transportation world, there is no doubt they are about to take a central strategic place in AE.
So get ready, join a serious and wilful alliance today, and by the time we can put its power to practice BAE will be a solid, powerful group of airlines ready to work together efficiently!
Come on guys (and gals :(), this can only be fun!

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Bravo Airlines, http://www.airlineem...php?player=1195, based off Stuttgart might be interested to join, but you'll have to show me the charter first as to prove your seriousness, okay? Please U2U me.

[Edited on 6/20/2005 by ziliu]

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Chicago, Illinois- Late toady, the four launch airlines of the Blue Eagle Alliance; Liberty Airlines, Bravo Airlines, ABA, and MidAmerica Airways, approved the third draft of the proposed charter. A copy is posted below.

Blue Eagle Alliance Formation Charter

Adopted by all four Blue Eagle Alliance Launch Airlines in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America on March 11 of Ae year two.

Mission Declaration: This legal charter formally creates Blue Eagle Alliance. Blue Eagle Alliance dedicates itself to creating an affordable, comfortable, enjoyable air travel network for the common good of the traveling public. Its three main goals are:
- worldwide coverage by complementary networks and connecting hubs
- competitive fares thanks to concerted growth decisions and cooperative action
- solid and durable presence on the harsh air transport scene

Article I, Acceptance Guidelines: All airlines wishing to join Blue Eagle Alliance must meet or exceed all of the following guidelines:

1) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle Alliance must serve at least three cities.

2) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle Alliance must have a total of at least two aircrafts. The aircrafts can be owned or on order or a combination of both.

3) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle Alliance must maintain a DOP (daily operating profit) of at least $5,000.
4) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle alliance must have capacity to transport at least 40 passengers daily.

5) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle Alliance must take a $30 minimum profit per seat unless competition makes this unprofitable.

6) All airlines who wish to join Blue Eagle Alliance Must have at least two months of successive profit directly before asking to join.

If these conditions are met and the current president (see art. X) supports the candidate, a vote is then started by the president to evaluate the applicant. All the current members can take part in this vote. At least 60% of the expressed votes must be positive for the candidate airline to gain membership, with the four founding members vote counting as double.

Article II, Membership Maintenance Guidelines: In order to stay in Blue Eagle Alliance must meet all guidelines mentioned in Article I 100% percent of the time, they must also meet a new guideline:

1) All airlines who wish to stay in Blue Eagle Alliance must add at least two new cities a year.

An airline can be expelled from the alliance if a vote open to all members results in at least 60% of the respondents wishing so. Such a vote is to be started by the current president (see art. X) only. The defending airline cannot vote in this ballot, and each one of the four founding airline votes count as double.

In addition, an airline wishing to leave the alliance can do so after notifying the other members. The alliance logo has to be removed from the airline logo immediately.

Article III, Logo Uniformity: All airlines in Blue Eagle Alliance must use one of two agreed upon logo styles to represent their airline: logo transformation or generic BEA logo with airline name. The logo transformation must include the small blue eagle icon in the top-right corner and the letters "beam" (blue eagle alliance member) in the top-left corner, in shades of blue. Any airline not willing to change their logo will be asked to leave the alliance.
Logo advising and design help is available, please ask for it!

Article IV, Aircraft Sales: Before selling an aircraft on the open market, an alliance member must offer the airplane to fellow alliance members at a reduced rate of at least $500,000 dollars below the planned open market price. To ensure fairness, the rebate shall not exceed 10% of the price of the new aircraft.

Article V, In Alliance Competition Reduction: In order to prevent competition between two airlines in Blue Eagle Alliance, the general guideline for airlines in the alliance that share the same route is to charge the same price. This should be done by averaging the two desired prices. Alternately, the airlines can reach an agreement on a specific fare policy for the route, especially in the case when the aircrafts and/or frequencies are different. In case a dispute cannot be resolved by private negotiations, the airlines can ask the founding council of the four launch airlines for arbitration. Priority will be given to an airline having its hub at one of the ends of route, then to the first airline to have operated the route, unless specific extraordinary circumstances can be argued by one of the parties. The council decision is irrevocable, except by the council itself. The vote is held privately, with the current president's vote counting as double (see art. X).

Article VI, Advice and assistance: All airlines in Blue Eagle Alliance are encouraged to assist each other using advice and in some cases, using smaller planes on routes served by two or more airlines in Blue Eagle Alliance.

Article VII, Code-Sharing: After it is made possible, all airlines in Blue Eagle Alliance will become code-sharing partners.

Article VIII, Buyout protection: No airline in Blue Eagle Alliance is allowed to buy out another airline in the alliance unless the airline to be bought out is deemed unable to survive by itself by the four launch airlines. If several buyout propositions are made, the president (see art. X) will choose one, after consulting with the other founding members and hearing any other member opinions.

Article IX, Probation: Any airline who breaks any of the rules laid out in either Article 1 or 2 will be placed on probation for three days (real days) per each violation. If they have not corrected the problems at the end of the probation period, they will be given a mail alert and one more real day. If they still have not corrected the problem, they will be expelled from the alliance.

Article X, Alliance Presidency: Every Ae year, the alliance presidency will be passed to a new airline. Only the four launch airlines may obtain the presidency. The order in which they serve as president is as follows: The founder airline will start and will serve for one Ae year and then the other three launch airlines will serve in alphabetical order.

Article XI, Powers of the Presidency: The airline currently serving as president may excuse or pardon any rule violation. The current president must OK the expulsion of a member airline. The four launch airlines are immune from expulsion.

Article XII, Changes to the charter: Three of the four launch airlines must approve a change in the charter.

Article XIII, Power Compensation: it is the responsibility of every member, and even more so of the four founding airlines given their special power, to ensure smooth operation of the alliance and to ease tensions whenever possible by communicating adequately on decisions being made and acknowledging member opinions. In particular, the president has to use his power with wisdom and shall whenever possible make important decisions only after consulting the other members, even when not explicitly required in this charter.
Should a presiding airline show repeated inappropriate behavior and misuse its power, the entire BEA members council can vote to revoke its founding member status, bringing it down to simple member. The next airline (5th, 6th, and so on) to have joined the alliance is then promoted to founding member, and the presidency is awarded to the next airline in normal order for the remaining of the year plus the following year. The downgraded airline can regain founding member status if the current president decides so on the next downgrading.
To be downgraded to simple member, the current president has to be turned down by at least 85% of the other members. Each member vote counts the same here, founding or not. Any member can propose a step-down vote, but such a vote can only be held once every six game months.

Article XIV, Clean Alliance Commitment: Any member caught cheating in any way, with solid proof backing the claim, will be immediately and irrevocably excluded from the alliance. A vote shall not be held if the proof is unambiguous, and the president has the power to pronounce the exclusion in this case.

Currently, the four launch airlines are working on logos and applications are not yet accepted. Although a spokesperson for the alliance said "we are finalizing the small details and hope to open the application process very soon."

Edit: spelling error

[Edited on 7/17/05 by airline55]

Bryan

Bryan

• 31 posts
Hey fellow members!
I am pleased to present you with our new alliance logo:
Posted Image
For the record, it is supposed to present a blending of the european and american flags, thereby reminding the bases of operations of our 4 founding airlines.
You will be asked to use this in your signature, to the left. You can see Airline55 and myself are already doing so.

Also, you should have been provided by now with an updated version of your own logo containing the blue eagle icon and the "beam" (Blue Eagle Alliance Member) identifier. Please use this right beside the BEA logo as we are doing, and, most importantly, don't forget to also update you in-game logo!

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
Yeah, sorry, thats why I backed out, seemed almost too serious for my style!:( Sorry for any troubles I caused by backing out.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
hey i just sent u a u2u, i was out, im sorry for taking so long to respond. please look at them and let me know as soon as you can.

A_plane_lunatic

A_plane_lunatic

• 18 posts
I might be interested in an alliance, but I'm really not sure how they work. Fill me in via u2u, please.

Bryan

Bryan

• 31 posts
Rather than filling you in via u2u, I guess we might as well post something generic here.

First, the BEA charter is publicly available above. I know it's rather lenghty, so in a nutshell:
Airline55 is the current president, and as such he decides if you are eligible to admission. then all the members vote, and you are notified of the result. The best way to state your interest is to both u2u airline55 and post a short message here, so that voting members can have something to work with. Just tell us where you operate, with what kind of planes and how you expect to grow next ;)

Currently alliances do not have any real impact in the game other than what we agree on, e.g. avoid competition on routes, sell planes for a lower price, etc. But that will eventually change (code sharing flights would be great).

So you really have to talk to airline55 if you'd like to join, but I think that right now we are definitely accepting new members, especially if you are from an area where none of us currently operate. feel free to ask!

vivavivah

vivavivah

• 63 posts
Hello.
I am Vivah!, based in Milan. I have routes all over Europe and in 3 months AE time will start intercontinental service with an A319.
THnaks for your consideration.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
well, it seems that we are now accepting applications. (I wish someone had told me this!) I had originally wanted to wait until we got a private board (miller still has not returned my U2U request. I know that we have now five members waiting to join, and I will send them a letter telling them what I need in order to accept them.

To all who may be interested, I will need you to U2U me your request along with a few screenshots so I can confirm you meet all standards. I will need screenshots of all of the following pages:

1)Route map
2)Finance
3)Main menu
4)routes

U2U me all these and I will then consider you for admission.

Airline55

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
ABA will be taking over the presidency for a few days (July 3-12) while I am on vacation. any U2Us of any urgency should be sent to him during that time period.

Airline55

ewr737

ewr737

• 74 posts
Eurojet based in cph i have 10 a/c daily profit of 600,00. Can i join

noise

noise

• 11 posts
Hey, I would be interested in joining the alliance! I run Endeavour Airlines based out of Montreal, Canada. Tell me what I need to do to be eligable.

vivavivah

vivavivah

• 63 posts
Well, I am Vivah!, back again.
Airline55 says I am elegible, and Bryan made a fantastic logo, which I am using now for the first time.
What is the next step?

Thanks.

vivavivah

vivavivah

• 63 posts
Well, I am using this thread to say I am going on vacation for two weeks, so please dont expect me online for that period of time.
Regards,
Vivah!

Bryan

Bryan

• 31 posts
As he as said, airline55 is on vacation right now, so application processing is delayed by a week. In the meantime, you can still post here if you are interested in joining, if you have any questions, etc. I will u2u you asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users