55 replies to this topic

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

I Am One Of Those Nerds Who Corrects Everyone

• 852 posts

"Hey guys let's develop AE!"

*not even 2 days later*

"YOURE A TWELVE YEAR OLD!""NO YOURE A TWELVE YEAR OLD"

I wonder why twelve is the magic number.

People are stupid.

nachesebro

nachesebro

• 7 posts
Subsidiaries!! šŸ˜

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

Subsidiaries!!

This is not the suggestions and feature requests subforum.

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

User's Awards

Ā 
So is this dead again ? :(

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I hope not

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4  Ā  2  Ā   Ā 

omg.... there are not a serious workgroup.   i think better is work open with trusted people in actual project. because there are not a minimal people for a new group.

A open group with a limited or total access could improve better the work, issues and needs of the project. Because dont need to start from 0 and can handle volunteers or part time people that could help, less programming languages, less user side mess.. less time to improve..

And c172 to A380 licences FAA ATP and ETC are irrelevant when you have NO COMMON SENSE  and FAIL the core CRM principles.

I INSIST.

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas SƔnchez.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

User's Awards

Ā 

I wonder why twelve is the magic number.

Because 12 is the number of months in a year, the number of zodiac signs etc

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts

User's Awards

Ā 
Hard to find a definitive answer, has all development work stopped on AE, who is the owner? It will be a dire shame if the game just rots away rather than being refreshed and updated where needed. Can someone give a sensible answer and confirm if there is any active development work? Ive been playing AE since it was first created and have loved it, but it needs an update badly.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

Can someone give a sensible answer

7ZsWlu.jpg

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

Hard to find a definitive answer, has all development work stopped on AE, who is the owner? It will be a dire shame if the game just rots away rather than being refreshed and updated where needed. Can someone give a sensible answer and confirm if there is any active development work? Ive been playing AE since it was first created and have loved it, but it needs an update badly.

The answer is... itā€™s a free time project from the developers, they have a life and a job to support themselves too. The highest ranked person on here I know is Yuxi.

(From this point forward I am not 100% sure about the following)

Itā€™s kinda lead by several people.

I believe bug fixes are still looked at and possibly worked on but as for the development of AE4 (weā€™re still in AE3 beta) it has slowed down completley or has stopped.

ā„¢

SKYWORLD ALLIANCEā„¢ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

sierra_tango

sierra_tango

Aviation Enthusiast

• 15 posts

I would be more than happy to help you out in the process of AE development. I have knoweledge and some experience in .NET (which I see it's not so relevant) but also I have worked with 2-3 libraries of JS, some html as well and also I had some time spent with databases in MS SQL Server Management Studio. 

I would love to take part in a project like this, although not very active in forum I love AE and it also seems very interesting project for me from the point of a developer. I could also start learn and use new tools if needed (e.g. PHP or some basic RUBY) so if you think I can help please don't hesitate to pm about it! 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Ask @Yuxi

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

FlippRtheReaL

FlippRtheReaL

X-Plane 11 flyer

• 39 posts

I have a comprehensive knowledge in Python. I also have considerable good skills with Cobras.

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

If you guys are serious I can help as well... js, c++, php whatever.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Ask @Yuxi

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

FearofFlying

FearofFlying

AE Luver

• 275 posts

I assume the major goal is to create a path finding system... so it would be helpful to know where things left off at... such as what if any work has been done, what algorithms were chosen ect...

Cities Skylines for example was created by a team of a dozen people.... and nobody is really complaining about the graphics in AE... its not like we need to 3d model every plane there is and make things move around. Creating AI players is possible but not necessary... imo the "next" version just needs to model a passengers decision making and buying process based on simple rules. This is an exercise in math which can be compiled into many languages.

Does anyone here know A* ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users