Photo

AE Development thread

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

also, those with any REAL LIFE aviation experience (falls under project planning and managment) message Brad with details about it

Ok. I'm out then. My aviation experience is flying Cessna 172s & Caravans, Piper PA28s, Beechcraft Barons & King Airs, Dash 8s, A320s, Boeing 767s and Boeing 777s.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

I Am One Of Those Nerds Who Corrects Everyone

• 852 posts

Ok. I'm out then. My aviation experience is flying Cessna 172s & Caravans, Piper PA28s, Beechcraft Barons & King Airs, Dash 8s, A320s, Boeing 767s and Boeing 777s.

You've actually piloted Dash-8s, A320s, 767s, and 777s? Wow.

Sorry.

Anyways, when I asked about the current hierarchy, I didn't mean "Who are you looking for to develop the game?". I meant "who is the current leader of the project?".

People are stupid.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

I would count that. PM me for details. 

Its a group of veterans from technical, design and aviation backgrounds right now

??

People are stupid.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

I thought this was a democracy.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

What doesn't make sense?

When we alpha and beta test it, then it becomes one in a sense.... we want feed back after we put in the technical aspects WE are experienced with. Not sure what you don't get, nobody said it was a democracy anyway

You shouldn't be questioning us as we hold alot of skills and knowledge in this.

Infact I'm sitting on formulas that major airlines use that will be repurposed for this. 

yes - it's hard to maintain a democracy with this many people. i totally understand where you guys are coming from.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

What doesn't make sense?

When we alpha and beta test it, then it becomes one in a sense.... we want feed back after we put in the technical aspects WE are experienced with. Not sure what you don't get, nobody said it was a democracy anyway

You shouldn't be questioning us as we hold alot of skills and knowledge in this.

Infact I'm sitting on formulas that major airlines use that will be repurposed for this. 

Wait... so you;re getting rid of blue pax spamliners???

HEAR THAT AIRBOSS777 AND the EMPIRE... and the rest of course...

Did I speak too soon?

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Wait... so you;re getting rid of blue pax spamliners???

HEAR THAT AIRBOSS777 AND the EMPIRE... and the rest of course...

Did I speak too soon?

Probably you spoke too soon - but I can always hope :D

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

You've actually piloted Dash-8s, A320s, 767s, and 777s? Wow.

Sorry.

Anyways, when I asked about the current hierarchy, I didn't mean "Who are you looking for to develop the game?". I meant "who is the current leader of the project?".

Yep, currently on 777 BA. ~2600 hours and counting.
~10000 total gained over 15 years. Started flying before I left Secondary School.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

My piloting experience is limited to Piper Cherokee's and Cessna 152s (training purposes only, I'm too young to get a license currently). But I do have a fair amount of knowledge in aviation that could be of help. Message if you want me to join the team for anything in particular

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Yep, currently on 777 BA. ~2600 hours and counting.
~10000 total gained over 15 years. Started flying before I left Secondary School.

No, the joke is emphasizing that when you say "flown", it makes it sound like you were the pilot of the aircraft.

People are stupid.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Once again, who is the leader of the project?

People are stupid.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Tom Selleck. His mustache and sick 80s Ferrari driving skills will guide us in our endeavor to Make AE Great Again

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I'm not sure if there is one - but I'd say maybe the guy right above me there (stevphfeviey) and a few of his friends I guess. 

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

maybe if you crawled out of your cave at Manston and helped us It wouldnt be....

I live next to LYX not MSE. And I was the first person to update a plane in 5 months just last week.

I am basically what is left of the AE team, bar a few that appear here and there.

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

No, the joke is emphasizing that when you say "flown", it makes it sound like you were the pilot of the aircraft.

I take offense that a 12 year old who I doubt understands the term “GPU” would challenge my flying skills, when flying commercial aircraft is my career and will be until I retire. I began flying at 15 and am now over 3 decades old, with ~10000 total hours. I suggest you stop making jokes because you just make yourself look stupid.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Hey guys, I do have minor experience in Javascript and could take a refresher at some point. I'm also eager to learn and help develop this game. One question, how are we going to be able to develop the game? Do we have the code or are we going to ask for it?

wgOP4y0.jpg

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

I take offense that a 12 year old who I doubt understands the term “APU” would challenge my flying skills, when flying commercial aircraft is my career and will be until I retire. I began flying at 15 and am now over 3 decades old, with ~10000 total hours. I suggest you stop making jokes because you just make yourself look stupid.

Auxiliary Power Unit. I thought Marb was the 12 year-old here...

People are stupid.

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

Hey guys, I do have minor experience in Javascript and could take a refresher at some point. I'm also eager to learn and help develop this game. One question, how are we going to be able to develop the game? Do we have the code or are we going to ask for it?

At this point, it might be easier starting form scratch since all the new features will be hard to add because of the way the current code is built. I have intermediate javascript, php, and c++ knowledge so I would like to help in anyway possible... That is if this thread hasn't derailed... Again...

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

PingPong

PingPong

• 1,206 posts

Auxiliary Power Unit. I thought Marb was the 12 year-old here...

Lol it doesn’t count if you change GPU to APU in the quote and I’m sure Marb said you were 12

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
"Hey guys let's develop AE!"

*not even 2 days later*

"YOURE A TWELVE YEAR OLD!""NO YOURE A TWELVE YEAR OLD"

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic