Photo

AE Development thread

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Since the original 8 page thread got locked due to immature behaviour by some posting on it, I have restarted it here, as it is a serious discussion. 

If you want to post anything immature at all here, dont.

Post it on this thread where nobody cares at all. Link is below.

http://www.airline-e...e-2#entry248064

Anyway, for those holding a serious discussion, feel free to continue in a calm, composed and productive manner. May discussions recommence.

Maestro, please do not lock this thread. Just ban the immature ones who hijack it. Thank you in advance. Hopefully your services will not be required on this thread. I know your life extends well beyond this game.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Is this a joke? You didn't start that thread!

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

I Am One Of Those Nerds Who Corrects Everyone

• 852 posts

Despite the fact that you started it, you still ruined it.

People are stupid.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Is this a joke? You didn't start that thread!

No. It's meant for serious mature discussion about how to increase AE's pace of development. I logged in today to see the thread locked. And I read what got it locked. And decided to start this with a disclaimer

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
If you know any PHP or even Ruby developers with web admin experience, drop me a line.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

this thread derailed after 1 reply. I'm impressed

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

What's the hierarchy here?

People are stupid.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

There isn't one. Except that immature childish posts are not permitted. I'm hoping maestro will ban any immature posters on here (namely Marb1 and kineticcrusher)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

At this point?

Those who have Javascript, PHP, Ruby or even Python programming knowledge. Those with web admin experience, backend experience. Those who know the ins and outs of IPBoard. Those who have project planning and management experience.

Then those who don't.

The Best Discord Server

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

At this point?

Those who have Javascript, PHP, Ruby or even Python programming knowledge. Those with web admin experience, backend experience. Those who know the ins and outs of IPBoard. Those who have project planning and management experience.

Then those who don't.

I have very basic python. Not entirely sure how it will help, but maybe it could.

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
I’m pretty advanced in Python, basic HTML, no real PHP or JS
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
The current AEv3 build is mostly PHP in the back end with JavaScript taking care of most of the stuff the player sees (charts, graphs, etc). Unless somebody suggests a reason otherwise we'd like to keep that basic arrangement for the sake of easy translation of popular AE features to AEv4.

That said I've been told current AE code "looks more or less like somebody skull****ed spaghetti" (I'm paraphrasing).

The Best Discord Server

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

The current AEv3 build is mostly PHP in the back end with JavaScript taking care of most of the stuff the player sees (charts, graphs, etc). Unless somebody suggests a reason otherwise we'd like to keep that basic arrangement for the sake of easy translation of popular AE features to AEv4.

That said I've been told current AE code "looks more or less like somebody skull****ed spaghetti" (I'm paraphrasing).

Ouch. I saw your comment about the AE error logs (100GB a month or something ridiculous)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

At this point?

Then those who don't.

Hey - I know that you hate me - and you guys banned me from the Discord, but I would like to point something out about me. I've talked to three different people about helping you guys - one of them is proficient in Python if you're interested but it seems like you have a lot of Python people. I have experience running things on forums, namely Universal, and I'm also taking a Leadership course and receiving a high A (94% when I was last told). I can also provide any other service that you'd want. Please let me know and don't just ignore me - I'm really trying to help here.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Hey - I know that you hate me - and you guys banned me from the Discord, but I would like to point something out about me. I've talked to three different people about helping you guys - one of them is proficient in Python if you're interested but it seems like you have a lot of Python people. I have experience running things on forums, namely Universal, and I'm also taking a Leadership course and receiving a high A (94% when I was last told). I can also provide any other service that you'd want. Please let me know and don't just ignore me - I'm really trying to help here.

Do you know what the others are good in?

And we actually do not have many people for Python. JS and PHP is the one we really are wanting for right now.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Do you know what the others are good in?

And we actually do not have many people for Python. JS and PHP is the one we really are wanting for right now.

I know that you're looking for JS and PHP which is why I didn't refer them :)

Sorry - which others were you referring to? I sort of didn't understand that question. 

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

As an official contact, please provide experience and ways your help would be applicable and format it in a PM to me here on AE. AS BEFORE, anybody with viable help and experience is welcome.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

There isn't one. Except that immature childish posts are not permitted. I'm hoping maestro will ban any immature posters on here (namely Marb1 and kineticcrusher)

You do realize that you shouldn't ask to get me banned right in front of me, right?

People are stupid.

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

C++ ****face here. I can try learning some JS and PHP to help y'all guys out.

image.png

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

AE is basically dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users