* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

While this thread is just a joke, the arguments posted in the thread are not only sound but should be considered by all players as pros and cons to whether or not the game could one day become paid.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

siggie3.png

sjwjej

sjwjej

• 9 posts

How about recruit volunteer work for AE4..?

It will be a great and I think that we can find php master or designer nearby.

Niskan

Niskan

DC-9 Crazy

• 362 posts

User's Awards

3    3         

I think making this a paid service will mean the death of this wonderful platform.

I don't mind paying but I predict that if this will be paid then AE will lose somewhere between 50 to 60 % of its players.

Which would also be boring.

How about the developers start a Patreon where the Patreons get special features which would not make you automatically win but make your life easier, I don't know how It can be done but there is always a way.

A Gofundme page could also be made where donating could be done easier.

Once money is no problem anymore, more developers could come in and help out, spreading the workload evenly over multiple developers rather than just one or two developers.

Also us players can already help out by turning your ad-blocker off, so the developers at least get some money.

Anyway we'll see what happens. :) 

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I think making this a paid service will mean the death of this wonderful platform.
I don't mind paying but I predict that if this will be paid then AE will lose somewhere between 50 to 60 % of its players.
Which would also be boring.

How about the developers start a Patreon where the Patreons get special features which would not make you automatically win but make your life easier, I don't know how It can be done but there is always a way.
A Gofundme page could also be made where donating could be done easier.

Once money is no problem anymore, more developers could come in and help out, spreading the workload evenly over multiple developers rather than just one or two developers.

Also us players can already help out by turning your ad-blocker off, so the developers at least get some money.

Anyway we'll see what happens. :)

The airline ads in AE are my favorites ^_^

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Anyone ever thought about actually just donating some serious money to AE to give it a kick up the arse? If everyone put in a small amount as a one-off...I can guarantee they'd be a sudden shift.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Another thought.

If all those who donated had some sort of genuine recognition, by Yuxi, in addition to a higher member status, I think it could become a good incentive.

Furthermore, a rather obvious, shiny, hot and horny donation button on the menu alongside "My Airlines" would guilt trip a lot of people into donating....

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

AE currently has around 63000 members, out of which I estimate (possibly incorrectly) that around 25000 are active players (people who logon to AE at least once in a week, or have an active airline). If each of these people paid out a flat $2 sum, that would likely cover all the costs for a second developer for 2-3 months. At relatively insignificant expense to each player. However, I would expect payments to end there, since otherwise things will get out of hand

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

AE currently has around 63000 members, out of which I estimate (possibly incorrectly) that around 25000 are active players (people who logon to AE at least once in a week, or have an active airline). If each of these people paid out a flat $2 sum, that would likely cover all the costs for a second developer for 2-3 months. At relatively insignificant expense to each player. However, I would expect payments to end there, since otherwise things will get out of hand

Exactly the point I'm making, something that everyone could offer, even just once, would do a world of difference.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Exactly the point I'm making, something that everyone could offer, even just once, would do a world of difference.

I agree.

Captain aj

Captain aj

Planes..Planes..AandPlanes...

• 14 posts

That's, actually sounds "quite" good for me :P , since i dont really mind paying few dollars for this cool game. But sadly Its true that this might cut the community into half, and less player will be interested to the game, which is I don't want to. :(

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Buy an AE card from your local game store

Aaaaaaaand the stupidity continues. That's totally going to get revenue. Sure, let's go put thousands into shipping "cards" for an airline management simulation which only (my much less far fetched estimate) 5,000 people play per week. Yeah, that will totally make bank.
My personal opinion, just don't make AE cost. Find some volunteers willing to work on future editions of AE, and if that doesn't work, just keep AE as it as, or improve in a much slower schedule.
Oh, and

Anyone ever thought about actually just donating some serious money to AE to give it a kick up the arse? If everyone put in a small amount as a one-off...I can guarantee they'd be a sudden shift.

Put up or shut up.
Sorry for my triggered-like tone, it's just, there are simple solutions.

BV6atB1.jpg

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

I would have no problem paying, as long as that contributed to the better of the game.

For example: by receiving this money, the designers will be motivated to/will make the game better, trying to turn in a better profit.

Spiderman

Spiderman

That's a Spider, Man...

• 15 posts

I do have an idea to spur development of the game without the need for payment: the workshop/community contributions. Old games that are free use this method in order to survive, and for most of them, it had worked out in the favor of the game's longevity. Users who would like to contribute to the game have a chance to actually do that (additions could be greenlit and added by Yuxi), updates would be more frequent, and Airline Empires as a whole could be alive once more.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Got an opinion on this? get yourself heard https://goo.gl/sWE7xs

Hanjin Globe

Hanjin Globe

HANJIN Global, Hanjin KAL

• 55 posts

We are already paying with watching-ads.

I think if we pay to AE, AE master need to remove ad. (There's no ad on paying-management game.)

littlewill1166

littlewill1166

AE Player

• 50 posts

User's Awards

3    2       7   

I would pay $5 per round if I got early access to AE4.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts
AE4 isn't a thing, deal with it.

BV6atB1.jpg

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

have you retards not figured out yet that this was a joke thread