Photo

Στέφανος Works in Progress

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Since I miss the days of critique and discussion that the livery forum used to be full of, I've decided to resurrect my designer showcase. This time, however, it will be where I post things that are in progress so I can use that critique to improve the final design! ^_^

Anyway, Currently I am working on a rebrand for Air China. They have a great logo, but otherwise their brand is pretty terrible. As such, I've decided to make the logo a central focus not just through its design, but through color as well. The idea here is that the logo is a painted in a red-purple gradient in metallic paint that seems to "pop-off" the livery.

With the typeface, I've gone with Caslon: A bold, elegant typeface that evokes calligraphy and matches well with the Chinese typeface I've selected. Overall, the brand is subdued and elegant, with the logo becoming the focus of every brand touchpoint.

ioKErmp.png

UbxSbIt.png

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Now that I quite like.

And who says I don't give out compliments...

Britannia

Britannia

• 266 posts
I like it, but I think if the logo at the front was a tad smaller, it would look much, much better.

uw_ting.png

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I like it, but I think if the logo at the front was a tad smaller, it would look much, much better.

I agree, but what if the logo was moved to in front of the name and sized to be almost directly with it? I think that would look very very sexy and would make sense.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Its my cup of tea

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts

Here we are with a smaller logo on the front, as well as a slightly modified tail design just to see the opinions on it:

CyyrirN.png

And also on a 747-8 for comparison:

j9orDC2.png

UbxSbIt.png

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Personally, I prefer the larger logo, if anything purely for the additional emphasis. As you stress, it's certainly the nicest part of the brand. 

One could argue the balance is slightly off as a result as a result, but I'm not convinced it's that big of a deal. The other thing I'm not entirely sure about is what *A's brand guidelines state abut irregular logo placement. I know ET had to move the lion in order to satisfy *A, so or that reason alone, you may have to go with the second option.

In other news, how's that for constructive criticism, dickheads.

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

As for planes though, couldn't you move the Star logo to the right of the door a la Oneworld?

Also prefer the large logo on the fuse, only thing I have to say as negative about this look is I feel like it might look a tad dated if not used correctly on things other then aircraft, which one could trust the Chinese to do.

12ca1c99cc.png

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Concur with OG in on the latter, however I wasn't going to say anything for this is China; modern and cutting edge from a branding perspective I feel is something that can't be reasonably expected.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts

New concept, featuring a modern typeface in both Chinese and English. Also included the cover of the brand guidelines book for more reference as to how branding could be used.

83oOqzZ.png

UHLxaMH.png

UbxSbIt.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

New concept, featuring a modern typeface in both Chinese and English. Also included the cover of the brand guidelines book for more reference as to how branding could be used.

83oOqzZ.png

UHLxaMH.png

Please, the original didn't need any changes.

siggie3.png

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Here we are with a smaller logo on the front, as well as a slightly modified tail design just to see the opinions on it:

CyyrirN.png

j9orDC2.png

This is the best version so far.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

compton

compton

AE Luver

• 256 posts

User's Awards

5    2    6   

CyyrirN.png

j9orDC2.png

I love this livery so much. The only thing I would change is the 747 font size. The aircraft is so large that the name just gets swallowed up. Looks great though! :thumbsup:

vZOC42i.png

Britannia

Britannia

• 266 posts

I love this livery so much. The only thing I would change is the 747 font size. The aircraft is so large that the name just gets swallowed up. Looks great though! :thumbsup:

I'd actually disagree with that one. I think the current font size is perfect for the 747.

uw_ting.png

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts

As you may have noticed, I've released the final version of the Air China livery here: http://www.airline-e...china-a350-900/

Now I'd like to ask opinions of something me and OG have been working on, called Altius.

Altius is meant to be a "new" European airline, aimed primarily at the business market, but not tied to a specific country. Instead, Altius is supposed to be the "EU's Legacy Carrier". As such, we chose a name and a color scheme that wouldn't be linked to a particular country.

Altius is in a much earlier stage of development, so I thought I would show several versions of the livery and overall look we've come up with. Suggestions are of course welcome, including total overhauls and wholly new design directions.

qMfd2SG.png

TzoqdB7.jpg

U0WwJEA.jpg

UbxSbIt.png

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

IDK why but Altius as an airline is giving me the impression of Deerjet crossed with Privatair. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing but if this will be one of those fledgling startups that people are yet to know what they're all about, then maybe this is appropriate.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I like the middle one with the red stripes! The top one looks dysfunctional and the bottom one seems outdated.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Duncan

Duncan

*Returns to profit*

• 333 posts

I like the middle one with the red stripes! The top one looks dysfunctional and the bottom one seems outdated.

The top one has a Russian feel to it and the middle one reminds me of Rossiya.

hGHxJjo.png

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

• 1,760 posts

New thing I'm working on, and would like to throw around some ideas.

Designing a new livery for United, which involves a lot of constraints. They've invested a lot in new branding, from cabin design to airport signage to advertising, which means their current logo/typeface/color scheme is pretty much set in stone. However, their livery doesn't quite match their new branding; they don't use gold in most of their design, and the livery is 20 years old anyway.

As such, I've come up with this as a possible new design for them. I'd like to hear any ideas, opinions, and suggestions from you guys.

I've put together two ideas, the first being a metallic silver fuselage with a fading effect into a blue tail, while the globe on the tail is painted in the same metallic silver paint as the fuselage.

8PyzA3I.png

Also a much more conservative livery:

v0VOvt8.png

UbxSbIt.png

Duncan

Duncan

*Returns to profit*

• 333 posts

I like the tail on A but the fading needs some work. B is just too conservative. Also, is there a need for "Airlines" on there?

hGHxJjo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users