Photo

if u could destroy 1 airline, what would it be?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Infestation

Infestation

Sardines Are Decent In A Way Only Monkeys Understand..

• 664 posts

User's Awards

how have you not been kicked yet?

I didn't do anything wrong...
post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128_thumb.jae3ra_6.jpgae3o2_412.jpg

I am edible. If you eat me though, you are a cannibal

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Thats just rude to the user LATAM. 

I would probably do Southwest. I dont have a problem with any airline but Southwest gave me a fricking cold. The 737-700 i got on was freezing and it was late at night. They also cancelled IFS for that flight cuz of turbulence. I like Southwest but that 1 flight was torture and most likely the worst flight of my life

Not their fault bro. They can't control weather and cancelling IFS was a matter of safety. Temperature is super-minor and doesn't really matter - bring a coat or something. Finally, they actually have some of the best IFS of any US carrier, with free streaming IFE, as well as free snacks and drinks, plus things like exit and bulkhead are FREE!

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

I didn't do anything wrong...

https://en.wikipedia..._Protection_Act

you-aint-slick-thumb.jpg

BV6atB1.jpg

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

Thats just rude to the user LATAM. 

I would probably do Southwest. I dont have a problem with any airline but Southwest gave me a fricking cold. The 737-700 i got on was freezing and it was late at night. They also cancelled IFS for that flight cuz of turbulence. I like Southwest but that 1 flight was torture and most likely the worst flight of my life

Thats not the airlines fault...

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   
Norwegian.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Norwegian.

say goodbye to cheap flights to New York. I want to say Air Koryo

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

I'd rather have an expensive ticket with on-board service that you don't pay for.

Besides why Air Koryo? They seem pretty cool, even tho people rated them 1 star. :P

Infestation

Infestation

Sardines Are Decent In A Way Only Monkeys Understand..

• 664 posts

User's Awards

I rlly don't have a problem with any airline so let's just say ANA cuz it was the launch customer of the 787 which is meant to compete with the A330 which is my fav aircraft
post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128_thumb.jae3ra_6.jpgae3o2_412.jpg

I am edible. If you eat me though, you are a cannibal

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

But I like Air Koryo! :P

Free food, free entertainment... what more can you ask for?

I rlly don't have a problem with any airline so let's just say ANA cuz it was the launch customer of the 787 which is meant to compete with the A330 which is my fav aircraft

No.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I don't have much problem with any other airlines either so lets say Spirit to annoy Zyreax the ageist.

But I like Air Koryo! :P

Free food, free entertainment... what more can you ask for?

No.

It's illegal for US citizens to go to North Korea!

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

In my ideal world, Dragonair would have gobbled up Cathay and provided equally good service with a lower cost base.

qRn0iGD.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

In my ideal world, Dragonair would have gobbled up Cathay and provided equally good service with a lower cost base.

I thought Dragonair (now Cathay Dragon) was a cheapened, inferior ripoff of Cathay Pacific? (Think SilkAir versus Singapore Airlines, the former sports lower quality product and service than the latter) :huh:

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

So you don't like Cathay? You insulted me!

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

I thought Dragonair (now Cathay Dragon) was a cheapened, inferior ripoff of Cathay Pacific? (Think SilkAir versus Singapore Airlines, the former sports lower quality product and service than the latter) :huh:

They used to be separate entities. Dragonair was founded in the 1980s. The HK Government came up with the 1 route, 1 airline policy so they ended up cooperating. Upon scrappage of that policy, Dragonair ordered some A330s with a high quality product tailor-made for HKG-Australia and seemed to have full intention of competing with Cathay.

Then Cathay bought out Dragonair, and eliminated the competition.

Dragon was a lovely regional airline back in the day. In August 1997, I had a full hot meal in economy from Xiamen - Hong Kong, barely a 1 hour 30 minute flight. They even gave me second helpings when I asked for it. It was a brand-new A330-300 and the flight ended with a smooth landing at Kai Tak in a typhoon. I wasn't much older than marb then...

qRn0iGD.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

They used to be separate entities. Dragonair was founded in the 1980s. The HK Government came up with the 1 route, 1 airline policy so they ended up cooperating. Upon scrappage of that policy, Dragonair ordered some A330s with a high quality product tailor-made for HKG-Australia and seemed to have full intention of competing with Cathay.

Dragon was a lovely regional airline back in the day. In August 1997, I had a full hot meal in economy from Xiamen - Hong Kong, barely a 1 hour 30 minute flight. They even gave me second helpings when I asked for it. It was a brand-new A330-300 and the flight ended with a smooth landing at Kai Tak in a typhoon. I wasn't much older than marb then...

What can you say about SilkAir versus Singapore Airlines?

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Silkair is wholly owned by SQ while Dragon was never fully owned by Cathay until 2006. While today's relationship with CX/KA and SQ/Silkair seem very similar, it was not always this way.

Basically, Cathay exerted its influence with and within the Government to stifle Dragon for decades.

qRn0iGD.png

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

And are you saying CX and KA aren't good?

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

In all seriousness, describing the way companies operate would be beyond year 7 level. However I was asked question by another forum user and I answered it.

I loved KA back in the day, but haven't flown on them since 1998

Flying Cathay is very expensive. They're reliable, but super expensive. You also risk getting a very old, worn-out seat when flying regional which dampens the experience.

qRn0iGD.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

In all seriousness, describing the way companies operate would be beyond year 7 level. However I was asked question by another forum user and I answered it.

I loved KA back in the day, but haven't flown on them since 1998
Flying Cathay is very expensive. They're reliable, but super expensive. You also risk getting a very old, worn-out seat when flying regional which dampens the experience.

And I always thought Dragonair (Cathay Dragon) would be the inferior airline in the regional market O_O

I don't understand--why would Cathay discriminate against regional passengers in that manner? Not even its archrival Singapore Airlines would do that...

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Even SQ has their own "Regional Business Class".

I believe "discrimination" against regional pax is fairly common worldwide, since shorter flights require less comfort perhaps. Think EuroBusiness lol. But yeah, I was genuinely surprised those fixed-shell economy seats which got seriously bad press over 10 years ago still existed! CX had hastily got rid of them from the 773ERs and I presume they made their way onto regional aircraft, replacing an older regional economy product.

qRn0iGD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users