• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

oh well, i guess we're doom-spammed then hahaha..

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

An unrealistic model of an airline...which of mine are you talking about? Because I really don't see that in any of mine.

I do agree that a specialized spam world would be ideal. 

WIll has explained it perfectly

Oh...my configs are considered packed? I thought everyone filled to max capacity! 

As for flying domestic in multiple countries, everyone in AE does that. Well, at least in the Open Worlds and S3-B.

You cannot justify yourself to do something just because everybody else is doing the same thing. As I said before, half of the AE players are running spamliners to their certain extends, which should bring you to a realisation that you are one of them, and you are a spammer to your extend.

I'm seeing here you are protesting because there are players with more extensive justification for spamming than you.Or, to put it simple, you've done something bad, but you think you're not because there are people who do worse things.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I was winning this game by a comfortable margin and had, until a few months ago, only a few hubs.  Now I've switched strategies.  You all are welcome to try as well.  I doubt that you could execute it as well as I do.  

Note that I have previously won 01, and that I have done so with a more conventional strategy.  If you look at my past posts, I have very clearly laid out how to most efficiently use time and aircraft to win at this game.  To my surprise, nobody seems to have applied the lessons I spelled out - despite demonstrable proof that they work.  Players are still, for example, scheduling routes beyond 5999 miles as soon as they have the range to do so.  That is just stupid for as long as shorter routes are unoccupied (they are).  

In short, I have won in the past by having the best strategies and the best execution of strategy.  This current strategy will only make my margin of victory bigger, it will not decide the outcome.

Now, look what we have here.

This gentleman is a very example of the people who see AE way differently from my perspective.

In my opinion, AE purposes to able people to experience running an airline, specially for those who love the aviation world.

Not this very competitive gentleman, obviously, he's here to win, with any way that is possible.

He doesn't even care to name his airlines.

Different people come here carrying their own goals and methods and norms and judgements of how they must running the game, which render this debate/discussion rather useless since no common perspective shall be met.

Thus, it is left to the developer where they are bringing this game to, and which kind of people they want to keep to play it.

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Oh my god. *becomes an insane man*

Jmt6GWd.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Oh...my configs are considered packed? I thought everyone filled to max capacity! 
As for flying domestic in multiple countries, everyone in AE does that. Well, at least in the Open Worlds and S3-B.

That is completely wrong :huh: What's realistic about having over 500 Economy seats on a B741? I consider myself addimg a 6 54 398 configuration on a B744 with 110 higher capacity as 'quite packed'.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

So just noting because I can

Instead of a "Spam World" [a rather silly idea] would a world without rankings/trophies [IE an incentive to "win"] not be slightly better? :P
[This ignores that a lot of so-called "Spam" airlines are just being done for A:Laughs or B:Lack of a different style - as I did with NorthernArrow in early-2012]

I must say that you are very true about why people spam. I still see no one really has an issue with budget airlines. I have a spammier budget airline planned this time around in Ra. Still keeping to my rule of having them relatively small.

Also, a note to the O1 spammers guy: No one is copying your model because most people don't play to win. My trophies are for reputation, gained through being quite realistic.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Ok. Well I'll bet you a thousand dollars I finish with the highest reputation as well.

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I bet you a thousand dollars nobody cares...

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Ok. Well I'll bet you a thousand dollars I finish with the highest reputation as well.

I'm not saying you can't or won't get highest reputation first of all. Spamlines can easule afford Max reputation through marketing. Also, does it bother you that you have ruined several airlines? Secondly, I'm going to stop interacting on this thread, as it has gone off topic.

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

I bet you a thousand dollars nobody cares...

LOL, perfectly said! hahaha.. guess this conclude the thread..

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I'll give you all a thousand dollars to be silent!

QITdCef.png

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

Just as in every game there are exploits, and this one isn't particularily lucrative. :P Connecting pax only pays 50% of the ticket price and it's also incredibly tedious to achieve (especially the unlimited part). Personally the unlimited connecting pax exploit is something I've always wanted to try :P

It is an exploit though and we should probably consider fixing it :whistling:

R6 - NSW Airlines

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Because it is more on topic now, this I something I have pulled off. Not thousands of passengers, but hundreds.
https://www.dropbox....vgt2/Haking.png Yes, that is a daily B747-100 flight, it was later replaced with a daily 634Y seat B744

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

Well, I have suggested a special Spam World before.

Maybe request one or a few worlds like this in AE4?

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

In response to a comment above - my strategy actually doesn't interfere with anyone else's airline.  

I have previously posted about the stupidity of conventionally spamming routes when there are unoccupied routes out there.  Spammers seem to know of about 20 major airports and that's it.  [this wasn't my deleted "Stupidity" post.  That was about a guy who terminated a lease on a Concorde, which opens multiple questions...]

And to repeat - I was winning with ~630mil DOP before I moved to the current strategy.  

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Implementing real connecting pax would fix the problem. Which is why I reiterate the necessity for an early bare bone release of AE4. Players who want (a false sense of) realism can stay with AE3.1 until AE4.1, players who want balance can move on; players who want to win by spamlining will continue to spam in AE3.1 because that's all they know how to do it, while players who want to win by exploiting can help expose whatever exploits in AE4 so they can be fixed in AE4.1.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

While some people suggest limiting the amount of capacity an airline can add to a route at 120% capacity, that seems too low, especially since 115% capacity is already the standard for a route. I suggested 210% capacity as the max capacity an airline can add to a route.

:P How many times did I say the word capacity (including this last one) in this post?

QITdCef.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

While some people suggest limiting the amount of capacity an airline can add to a route at 120% capacity, that seems too low, especially since 115% capacity is already the standard for a route. I suggested 210% capacity as the max capacity an airline can add to a route.

:P How many times did I say the word capacity (including this last one) in this post?

As many people will bring up, what if over double demand is needed to realistically serve a route? Scottish islands etc.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

True...but really, it doesn't need to go over 600%.

QITdCef.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

limiting the amount of capacity an airline can add to a route at 120%

Is there such restriction in real world, or realism advocates now want the game less real instead after losing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users