• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I find it very annoying, as do roughly two-thirds of the AE community, when routes are unnecessarily spammed with thousands of weekly frequencies. *cough* first ranked airline in O1 *cough*

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

:) Thank you. I needed to vent. But seriously? Quit it.

-Montego

QITdCef.png

Stryker8686

Stryker8686

AE Player

• 65 posts

User's Awards

I know. The dude has about 15,000 airplanes on order. Like WTF!

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

15,000 planes on order (spamming up the order books), and over 200 of his 700 destinations are hubs. When I go to open up a route, I find that for a capacity of 3 pax, there are 7000 seats on the market. I mean, some people are trying to have fun playing the game without spamlines. Well, I can't really call that a spamline, but...

QITdCef.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I feel someone who runs pretty spammy airlines themselves, and ****s up AE on a mobile, should be complaining. I've ran a lot of airlines dependent on coonecting pax (eg filling a route with say 3 demand, with 300+ seats) and they can be very fun to run, especially as a nice challenge.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Are you calling me someone who runs pure spamlines? I don't do that, but I run routes with over 80% demand usually later in a world.

QITdCef.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Well in short, yes.

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I think what Will wants to say is that you're running an unrealistic model of an airline, and complaining about yet a more unrealistic one.

However, this current version of AE permits such method, and you're operating in an O world which, in my opinion, designed for spammers.

Yes, we all hate spammers, but half of the players are actually running spamliners to a certain extend anyway.

I do believe that the developers are aiming to a more realistic concept of competition, and should be implemented in the 4th version of AE which will be launched soon according to my very unreliable informer :P

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

interesting, you are venting about the airline that vented about O1 players not too long ago

Sunshine Airways

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

We could try permabanning the people who run airlines that are unacceptable according to my personal, patented and completely arbitrary criteria. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, I have suggested a special Spam World before.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

I was winning this game by a comfortable margin and had, until a few months ago, only a few hubs.  Now I've switched strategies.  You all are welcome to try as well.  I doubt that you could execute it as well as I do.  

Note that I have previously won 01, and that I have done so with a more conventional strategy.  If you look at my past posts, I have very clearly laid out how to most efficiently use time and aircraft to win at this game.  To my surprise, nobody seems to have applied the lessons I spelled out - despite demonstrable proof that they work.  Players are still, for example, scheduling routes beyond 5999 miles as soon as they have the range to do so.  That is just stupid for as long as shorter routes are unoccupied (they are).  

In short, I have won in the past by having the best strategies and the best execution of strategy.  This current strategy will only make my margin of victory bigger, it will not decide the outcome.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well, I have suggested a special Spam World before.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

An unrealistic model of an airline...which of mine are you talking about? Because I really don't see that in any of mine.

I do agree that a specialized spam world would be ideal. 

QITdCef.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

You're configs are very packed. And, flying domestically in different continents isn't very realistic. I know Panam did it, but I can't think of other examples.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Oh...my configs are considered packed? I thought everyone filled to max capacity! 

As for flying domestic in multiple countries, everyone in AE does that. Well, at least in the Open Worlds and S3-B.

QITdCef.png

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

I wouldn't say exploiting a system is a strategy. Wonder if the so-called strategy still work when other airline fly the same route. 

So now there's a new game challenge, to save the people of world from evil spamline, and all you have to do is fly the same route. :D

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

And in order to successfully fly the route, you must spam it :D

QITdCef.png

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

i don't think so, just couple of flights can nullify his market share, can't it?

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Nope. Tried it.

QITdCef.png

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

MWAHAHA!!!   :rofl2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users