Photo

What do you like about AE?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Ingame branding creator would be nice, although the fact that this game is free fits well with me, especially as I know that Yuxi is making this game out of his own interest rather than for the money, unlike Airline Mogul. 

I like:

• The simplicity
  • The community
  • The Forums
  • The fact that I'm listened to
  • The easiness, and difficulties of setting up in some worlds
  • The fact that there is something for everyone
  • The way there is lots to do here

I would like to see the option off micromanagement. Maybe, if there were 2 or 3 worlds that weren't for micro management, and a lot that were?

Oh, the community is great, although I don't know why younger players cannot use the forum, although it is understandable. Managing the airlines themselves is quite a good way to pass time, and things like ingame branding creators and diagramatic aircraft configuring, rather than what we currently have, just slamming 793 seats (100 business, 693 economy) into an A380 isn't paticularly immersive. The diagramatic configuring should be. Overall, the game is good, but could certainly do with an overhaul to make it more immersive. Anyone agree.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Ingame branding creator would be nice, although the fact that this game is free fits well with me, especially as I know that Yuxi is making this game out of his own interest rather than for the money, unlike Airline Mogul.

To be honest, an in-game branding creator is beyond the scope of what Airline Empires core focus is. The community already has many talented individuals who are willing to take requests and accomplish works that are beyond the capabilities of an integrated builder. Really, its up to your imagination when creating your airline's image.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

To be honest, an in-game branding creator is beyond the scope of what Airline Empires core focus is. The community already has many talented individuals who are willing to take requests and accomplish works that are beyond the capabilities of an integrated builder. Really, its up to your imagination when creating your airline's image.

Fair point.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Two words: Constant Expansion

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   
I like it that I used to be able to start 2 airlines in a world when it just reset.

Jahan

Jahan

Tri-Jet Lover

• 9 posts

I used to play this "simulator" ages ago in 2011 when I was (even more) young and never really got into it -- I eventually lost interest in it.  Just recently though, I have been interested in an aircraft tycoon game and tried finding this game forever and settled with a different game because I could not find this one. 

Once I found this one again and started playing it, I completely ditched the other one.  This game has a much better/larger community and is much more dynamic and realistic in my mind which makes it great.  I would however say it is not the most simple of the ones I have played, but it is the most fun -- which is that not the point?

Anyways, good to be back and hopefully I will be around much longer this time.

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

I think AE has close to the right balance of realism with less micromanaging compared to a couple other airline simulators.

Well done Yuxi.......but there's always room for even more improvement.

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

Yuxi gave us a new server and it works great !

Zoso4

Zoso4

• 2 posts

I love everything about it really :) 

Lord Corner

Lord Corner

Perfectionist

• 112 posts

Yuxi gave us a new server and it works great !

My best appreciations too!

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
I pretty much like everything about AE, but it could use some tweaks for improvement, such as:

ICAO codes
Callsigns
Frequent flyer programs
Lounges
Subsidiaries
Codeshares
Premium economy class
Aircraft seating maps
Flight numbers

These are all my suggestions :-)

parsonparsons

parsonparsons

AE Player

• 28 posts

As someone who played AE back as far as 2005 the new AE is so much better than the old version with one major exception being the inability to set prices for planes you sell on the used market (If I had one request for a change it would be this) I took several years off and recently got back into the game and I can tell you that the differences in route creation, route maps, the addition of new planes, airports, IFS, IFE and so much more has made this into a much better game than previously.  The addition of trophies (no matter how silly) is also great.  With the new server this game is great for what it is.  I personally spend stupid amounts of time staring at my route map as it gets bigger and filled with more and more routes.  The amount of airports supported in this game is crazy good (although the pax are a little blown out of proportion I think)  Overall a great game for passing time and competing for the top prize!

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

For a computer game it's very pacific and laid-back. Not much more than mouse-clicking, strategy, brainpower, and typing a few commands. No irritating electronic music, no characters jumping out from all directions, no fancy graphics, just the bare basics of a management game. I haven't played in a while but when I did it always calmed me down

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Yeah, it's a nice hobby.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

AE is a guilty pleasure

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

+ There is no need to login regularly; an established airline can be left a few days without having to be managed

+ The user interface is quite streamlined, not requring an excessive number of actions

+ The game can be accessed via phone, tablet or PC without need for any app, Java, etc

+ There is a sense of community

+ No in-game purchases gives a level playing field

+1

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

For a computer game it's very pacific and laid-back. Not much more than mouse-clicking, strategy, brainpower, and typing a few commands. No irritating electronic music, no characters jumping out from all directions, no fancy graphics, just the bare basics of a management game. I haven't played in a while but when I did it always calmed me down

Did you mean to say pacific?

I like the game when you get one of those worlds with 100 something people. Not the 300/500 full worlds, but at about half capacity. The game works much better when you don't have to compete with scamlines, in these worlds there is always a country open, and if not, one where a low cost carrier can function well.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Maicom_MR

Maicom_MR

Addicted about Aviation with some Programming skills.

• 32 posts

Some of the things that most attracted my attention in Empire Airlines is the diversity of aircraft to purchase, the map size and range of airports. Only I think that has improved passenger mechanism, the addition of cargo. Also remembering a factor that discourages me in the game is the ease of renting aircraft for businesses with little time left.

EmXqqtA.png

FlippRtheReaL

FlippRtheReaL

X-Plane 11 flyer

• 39 posts

Everything's free. And a very nice admin :D

AirValencia

AirValencia

• 1 posts
I didn't quite get that, I mean, I don't understand very well the game...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users