What do you like about AE?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

What aspects of AE (the game itself) do you like better compared to other airline simulation games? For example, the playing style (fast expansion, little micromanagement), level of abstraction (no timetabling, for example), and/or something else? Here I'm trying to get a sense of what people like that should be kept in the next version, in terms of general characteristics rather than specific feature requests. This is not an invitation to trash other airline sims - let's keep the comments focused on AE and what you think should be preserved.

Basically, why do you play AE instead of another (likely more sophisticated) airline sim? :P

USA

USA

Pilot of Southwest Airlines

• 159 posts
Not awnser but , I honestly think that airline empires should add micromangment things like timetables, better things like that. The current game is fine there's has to be fine-tuned and Areas :P

Perseco

Perseco

That guy that did some nerdy calculations once

• 180 posts

I would say the UI would be up there at the top of the list. Not particularly the design, but the graphical features, like maps and charts and stuff.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
It's free and easy to play. Also, the majority of the people here are very friendly which makes it more interesting and brings about alliances etc.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I like the fact that its free and has a lot of detail, without the micromanagement.

+1

cUDPatH.jpg

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Free, flashless and can startover fresh if I screwed up or have a better strategy yet remain competitive (but can't do it anytime, have to wait for world reset).

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

It's free and easy to play. Also, the majority of the people here are very friendly which makes it more interesting and brings about alliances etc.

That, and the fact that you don't necessarily need to spend time timetabling (I understand it's coming in AE4, though it'd be nice to have worlds with and without that feature, imo). That and the fact its the most realistic game where a majority of the players speak English (not that I have anything against other languages, it just hard to join an alliance when they all use German as their primary language).

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

It's free. It's in depth (Of sorts)

But I hate:

The community is crap

the IFS system

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

While I feel micromanaging is a pain in the ass for one person I thing that a bit more could be nice...The only way I see micromanaging working and still being different from others is to make it so 3 or 4 people can run an airline together and instead of each person running 10 airlines each personhas maybe 2-3 airlinesthat they build with the cooperation of others in a group effort

Signature%203.png

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

It's free. It's in depth (Of sorts)

But I hate:

The community is crap

the IFS system

You clearly cant read, He said what you "like" not hate ;)

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

I like the easyness

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

You clearly cant read, He said what you "like" not hate ;)

Clearly you can't read, I said "But I hate"

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

While I feel micromanaging is a pain in the ass for one person I thing that a bit more could be nice...The only way I see micromanaging working and still being different from others is to make it so 3 or 4 people can run an airline together and instead of each person running 10 airlines each personhas maybe 2-3 airlinesthat they build with the cooperation of others in a group effort

+1 I have to agree. Shared control in groups should be fun

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

+ There is no need to login regularly; an established airline can be left a few days without having to be managed

+ The user interface is quite streamlined, not requring an excessive number of actions

+ The game can be accessed via phone, tablet or PC without need for any app, Java, etc

+ There is a sense of community

+ No in-game purchases gives a level playing field

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I like:

• The simplicity
  • The community
  • The Forums
  • The fact that I'm listened to
  • The easiness, and difficulties of setting up in some worlds
  • The fact that there is something for everyone
  • The way there is lots to do here

I would like to see the option off micromanagement. Maybe, if there were 2 or 3 worlds that weren't for micro management, and a lot that were?

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

I would like to see the option off micromanagement. Maybe, if there were 2 or 3 worlds that weren't for micro management, and a lot that were?

What exactly do you mean by micro-management? :P

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

What exactly do you mean by micro-management? :P

Timetabling etc.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Timetabling etc.

Ah.  Well yes a few worlds with and a few worlds without should be nice

Trogdor

Trogdor

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts
  • That the game is free :P , and the input and contact we get with the developers
  • The fact that your airline doesn't require micromanaging to run day-to-day - I'm not talking about timetabling etc, but rather the fact that your airline doesn't die if you don't log in for a few days - AE isn't an "appointment game"
  • GUI is pretty good for most screens - easy to use, sort fields etc
  • Ease to manage fleets when it comes to swapping and replacing planes
  • Wide range of aircraft available, engine options etc.
  • Device access option (mobile, iPad etc)

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

AE caters to many different airline types and playing styles.

Many basic formulas work for creating airlines, even if one must be creative in how they are applied to the AE system.

Essentially what I'm saying is that one can operate all of 737spam LCCs, regional airlines and legacy carriers with some success, and I think it's imperative we avoid being left with only 737spam LCCs after AE4, for example.

Also small parts of the community.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)