Photo

Your local trains

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Volotea717

Volotea717

• 8 posts

Don't even ask about my local trains O_O  You can never board one without thinking if you're going to crash or not.

Seems to be a frecuent occurrence. (I'm really not joking):

1328780701_140299_1328785061_noticia_nor

1379667576479.jpg

Descarrila-un-tren-de-cercania_541294693

Asi-se-ha-vivido-el-choque-de-_542446260

The list goes on and on and on of accidents and these are just my local trains around Barcelona!!!

Obviously it goes with out saying the tragic disaster of the Santiago de Compostela train aswell. :/

swissmadeauto.gif

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I never realised it was bad...

Shuddup :hmmph: it closed in 1961 D:

You're just jealous we have 2 railway lines :)

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Don't even ask about my local trains O_O  You can never board one without thinking if you're going to crash or not.

Seems to be a frecuent occurrence. (I'm really not joking):

The list goes on and on and on of accidents and these are just my local trains around Barcelona!!!

Obviously it goes with out saying the tragic disaster of the Santiago de Compostela train aswell. :/

Shuddup :hmmph: it closed in 1961 D:

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts

Class 444 and 450

cd444001nem050107_600.jpg

450_5_5.jpg

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

We have Ennis to Galway and Ennis to Limerick. We also have parallel lines near Ennis for a bit D:

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

We have Ennis to Galway and Ennis to Limerick. We also have parallel lines near Ennis for a bit D:

Yeah, the WRC. 1 line...

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Yeah, the WRC. 1 line...

:hmmph: well nobody uses it anyway.....

Enrike_Hamalia

Enrike_Hamalia

The Internet Ghost

• 30 posts

Attached File  ART Mk II Skytrain.jpg   183.54KB   0 downloads

Bombardier ART MkII which runs on the Expo and Millenium Lines of the Vancouver Skytrain, Expo running between King George Station and Waterfront Station and Millenium between VCC-Clark and Waterfront.

Attached File  Hyundai Rotem Skytrain.JPG   103.67KB   0 downloads

Hyundai Rotem EMU which runs on the Canada Line of the Vancouver Skytrain, it runs from Waterfront alternating between YVR airport and Richmond/Brighouse Station

Attached File  EMD F59PHI West Coast Express.jpg   1.01MB   0 downloads

EMD F59PHI running the West Coast Express, which runs between Waterfront Station and Mission Station, which happens to be the old route for the VIA Rail train from Vancouver to Toronto

Attached File  EMD F40PH Via Rail.jpg   336.62KB   0 downloads

Not the best picture I admit but it is an EMD F40PH from Via Rail which runs the line from Vancouver to Toronto, which is named The Canadian

Attached File  Skytrain and WCE Map.jpg   80.17KB   0 downloads

This is a map of the Skytrain and West Coast Express network, the purple is the WCE, the dark blue, light blue and yellow are Skytrain Lines, the orange and grey lines are irrelevant.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

My daily commute to school consists of any of the following:

6273.1268736568.jpg

S Set.

6884057778_e77601a7b6_z.jpg

K Set.

eneme-1328747147258.jpg

T Set.

home.jpg

A Set.

I also take the following every now and then:

H11-scarborough.jpg

H Set.

2169.1192978800.jpg

V Set.

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Can I marry the V-set?

12ca1c99cc.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

The A Set looks beautiful. :awesome:

cUDPatH.jpg

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

In Buffalo we have 2 Amtrak stations and a 16 stop light rail system.

The route map (The Marine Midland Arena is now First Niagara Center and the Auditorium stop is currently closed)

buffalomap.gif

The Depew Amtrak station

229-02.jpg

The Downtown Amtrak station

2963026974_8c77707c56_z.jpg

And I forgot the Buffalo Central Terminal (its closed)

central_terminal_buffalo.jpg

And the exterior (currently renovating the terminal building and just got the clocks to work again)

2514826021_d494f502fa_z.jpg?zz=1

The Depew station is served by the Lake Shore Limited, Empire and Maple Leaf. Downtown has Empire, Maple Leaf and the Buffalo Metro Rail.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

This is also the Metro rail train

Buffalo-Light-Rail.jpg

Nick of DC Airways

Nick of DC Airways

DC Airways CEO

• 187 posts

Double Post :(

Avant Member | Aspire Member

Sig.png

Nick of DC Airways

Nick of DC Airways

DC Airways CEO

• 187 posts

We have The MARC Train: 

1024px-MARC_AEM7s_at_BWI.jpg

And then we have Metro: 

1024px-Rohr_train.jpg

Avant Member | Aspire Member

Sig.png

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Double post :(

:P

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

2169.1192978800.jpg

V Set.

Hey look there's a maccas sign ^_^

That image makes me think of Wellington

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts

Well, my geniune local line isn't actully part of the national railway network, it's a steam heritage railway (that I work on myself). There are many steam and diesel locomotives we use to haul the carriges (Mk1's) plus we have some DMU's for low season and morning trains. However, I shall skip that and jump right to my nearest mainline station that is part of the offical national railway network with regular services.

Almost all trains are run by Northern Rail, with the exepction of a daily East Coast service to London King's Cross and the odd tour trains in summer.

Northern_333_at_Guiseley.JPG

The high frequency electric train services (we are pretty much the only bit of North England to have this luxury) are mainly operated by the Class 333, which is very simular the class 332 used on the heathrow express but with a high density seating layout, no first class and only 4 cars. However, I do find them rather pleasent to ride on. They operate across the network in the map somewhere below.

321903_B_Doncaster.JPG

Leeds_railway_station_MMB_38_322482.jpg

To help increase frequency, espically during commuter hours Northern Rail brought in some Class 322 EMU's from Scotland (the bottom one is the Class 322) that were going spare. These can be seen occasionly, mainly during peak times. They are not all the glamourous in comparison to the Class 333. The Class 321 (the top photo) sometimes works instead of the Class 322, as they are basically the same design. They mainly work on a diffrent route from Leeds to Doncaster.

map.png

Map of Airdale & Wharfdale Lines, operated by the Class 333 and sometimes the Class 322/321 EMUs.

4505006993_a67aa338a3_o.jpg

The Class 158 operates services to Carlisle from Leeds (over the wonderful Seattle & Carlise Line). Occasionaly instead of the Class 333 (and sometimes Class 322/321) on the regular local services, you can catch these as they call at Skipton, Keighley, Bingley & Shipley on their way to Leeds from Carlisle. They skip stations to insure they don't slow down the frequent local trains, as they are diesel powered with a slower acceleration and are timetabled squeeze inbetween two local trains.

4534606643_1b09ce6771_o.jpg

144-01.jpg

The Class 142 (top) and Class 144 (bottom) pacers! These used to be frequent in running the trains from Leeds to Morecambe that, like the service from Leeds to Carlise stop at only a few of the stations on my local line (Skipton, Keighley, Bingley & Shipley). Sadly, however, these are now very rare on this service and my last recorded ride of these operating the Leeds - Morecambe train was December 27th 2012; when I caught a Class 142 on a cold winter's night from Lancaster back home after a grand tour along the Cambrian Coast Railway and the Seattle & Carlise line using a discounted Northern Rail Rover ticket (£1!!!).

Look below the for the second part...(image limit! :ninja: )...

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts

...the second part!

4035331217_22bcee0cdb_o.jpg

8380655368_80dbbcaa33_h.jpg

The Class 150/1 (top) and Class 150/2 (bottom) now tend operate the Leeds - Morecambe line instead of the pacers (Class 142/144). Again, they still skip some stations to insure they don't clog on the electric train services. These are better for the Leeds - Morecambe service as it is quite a long ride over some pretty old track, which pacers bounce pretty badly on, however these simply glide over without fuss.

9372639170_960e496036_h.jpg

Finally, East Coast operate a daily service using an Intercity 225 (Class 91 + Mk4's + Mk4 DVT set) from Skipton to Leeds (calling at Skipton, Keighley, Bingley & Shipley) then onward to London King's Cross. This goes down to London in the morning and returns to Leeds and Skipton in the evening. Sometimes, this might also be run by a Intercity 125, often known as the HST (pictured below).

HST_Grahamston.jpg

And that's it! Enjoy. :)

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

Guest_Landmark Holdings Inc._*

Guest_Landmark Holdings Inc._*
  • Guests

1115-mbta-mt.jpgthis is what we got in Boston... it looks a lot nicer than it really is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users