Photo

My "holy s***" moment

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Domster

Domster

AE's Resident Hapa

• 311 posts

MNL-CDG with a PAL 777-300ER, I switched the back course hold switch too early and the plane went haywire and stalled killing 289. >_>

Vertice%20Hong%20Kong.png?dl=0

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Taking off with swiss A340-300, the plane tilt to the left because of the extreme wind and suddenly some part of the wings broke off, which is weird, probably a glitch or something, oh and the plane keep rolling up before it started to tilt to the left and lose altitudes and crash sideways to the ground, around 2 nautical miles off the airport  

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Takeoff from NRT with a SAS A340, flying the NRT-ARN route. We take-off fully loaded, and are climbing to FL100 when there's a dual engine flameout on engines 1 and 2. Plane starts spinning, I start emergency procedures for an emergency landing at NRT, and we crash 8 miles out from NRT. 269 passengers on board :cry: 

cUDPatH.jpg

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

Well, I had been flying a payware 757 around America to test it out and stuff, 

I had worked my way from Houston to Cancun, then Miami, then Charlotte, then Washington, then New York, then Boston, landing at all the stops. The whole time I would just leave FSX on the side when I would take a break without restarting or anything, so it would be my biggest flight.

Unfortunately, I decided to embark from Boston to Pittsburgh and then onto Chicago for the final leg through the North Central US. At 38,000 feet over New York State, effectively over Albany, I ran out of fuel on my left side and my #1 engine shut off (d'oh!).

I disconnected the autopilot and using my normal procedures, set the rudder to the side and re-applied auto-throttle to take me down to NYC for a landing. However, I accidentally set the rudder the wrong direction, causing the plane to break into a spin to the left.

Basically, despite me trying to takeover control of the plane and land at Schenectady County Airport, the autopilot stalled the jet and it went plunging towards the ground at 18000 feet per minute descent. I gave up when my right engine ran out of fuel and all these FSPax problems started coming up, like telling me everything had been ripped off my plane.

So, the 757 smashed into the ground outside Albany..

Sigh.

nWcLJH0.png

LazyNoNos

LazyNoNos

AE Player

• 55 posts
  • Skype Name:alijameel5

User's Awards

Well, I had been flying a payware 757 around America to test it out and stuff, 

I had worked my way from Houston to Cancun, then Miami, then Charlotte, then Washington, then New York, then Boston, landing at all the stops. The whole time I would just leave FSX on the side when I would take a break without restarting or anything, so it would be my biggest flight.

Unfortunately, I decided to embark from Boston to Pittsburgh and then onto Chicago for the final leg through the North Central US. At 38,000 feet over New York State, effectively over Albany, I ran out of fuel on my left side and my #1 engine shut off (d'oh!).

I disconnected the autopilot and using my normal procedures, set the rudder to the side and re-applied auto-throttle to take me down to NYC for a landing. However, I accidentally set the rudder the wrong direction, causing the plane to break into a spin to the left.

Basically, despite me trying to takeover control of the plane and land at Schenectady County Airport, the autopilot stalled the jet and it went plunging towards the ground at 18000 feet per minute descent. I gave up when my right engine ran out of fuel and all these FSPax problems started coming up, like telling me everything had been ripped off my plane.

So, the 757 smashed into the ground outside Albany..

Sigh.

lol

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

Diving in the F14-B when i axidentaly exeded 1.4mach and the right wing broke off, after a few minutes of hight speed spinning i manages to stablist the plane seconds befor the other wing broke off, after that i decided to eject

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Took off at dusk in an Emirates Boeing 777-300ER headed out to Moscow Domodedovo (DME). RIGHT AFTER takeoff, as we turned northwest over the Gulf, I had an engine fire. Banking east and heading around the airport, with engines burning out and failing, I was relying COMPLETELY on my instruments and systems (there was EXTREMELY heavy rain and clouds). All looked well for an emergency landing back onto the runway, gear out, and I seemed to be on track according to the system map, but when I finally touched down, it turned out to be in a residential neighbourhood about a half kilometer away from the runway, even though I was on track for landing onto the runway :/ Stupid aircraft systems

QITdCef.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Took off from orly bound for heathrow in aerosoft a320.

Ascent rate was too high so it locked me in TOGA power, and refused to shut off. I was going to go overspeed and it wouldn't let me turn off auto throttle. I decided to shut off the engines and then turn them back on and reactivate auto throttle.
However my hydraulics went along with my engines and I was stuck in the turn I was making out of orly and I eventually began to descend. I tried to restart my engines and I got all but one button, an APU bleed air switch, working, so my engines wouldn't turn on.

I realized the error at 500 ft and my #2 started spooling out. The hydraulics errors vanished and I pulled up yet I got no response for some reason and I wasn't feeling the power from the engine despite it being running in full throttle.

I smashed into a neighborhood 15 minutes from the airport. I like to plot the coordinates of my flight into google maps and I made a map with it.

N03CCI4.jpg

nWcLJH0.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Ascent rate was too high so it locked me in TOGA power, and refused to shut off. I was going to go overspeed and it wouldn't let me turn off auto throttle. I decided to shut off the engines and then turn them back on and reactivate auto throttle.
However my hydraulics went along with my engines and I was stuck in the turn I was making out of orly and I eventually began to descend. I tried to restart my engines and I got all but one button, an APU bleed air switch, working, so my engines wouldn't turn on.

I realized the error at 500 ft and my #2 started spooling out. The hydraulics errors vanished and I pulled up yet I got no response for some reason and I wasn't feeling the power from the engine despite it being running in full throttle.

I smashed into a neighborhood 15 minutes from the airport. I like to plot the coordinates of my flight into google maps and I made a map with it.

N03CCI4.jpg

You could made it to that small airport not far from the crash site

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

Not with my flight locked into that turn :P trust me I tried

nWcLJH0.png

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Has anyone done slew diving here. If not, then this is how:

1.Start on the runway

2.Hold F3 down to slew up to a height well above the certified ceiling of the aircraft.

3. Hold the nose up to stall the plane and to get it into a dive.

4. Choose the CRJ aircraft or any small aircraft without fly by wire. 

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

N03CCI4.jpg

depending on how realistic a flight sim you are using it may have the 10 second delay for the engines to actually produce a noticeable power change to required output after siting on low output levels, this will be why you got no response, as your engines are not actually producing the power needed to lift the planes nose.

LokiLoki22

LokiLoki22

• 7 posts

My best "Holy SH*T" moment was when I in X-plane one time using a payware 727-200, on a CVG-ALB-BOS route, and I was flying over the Pennsylvania countryside, and my #1 Engine gave out, so I made to divert to Pittsburgh, I almost made it, as I approached, I made the terrible mistake of using 45 degree flaps on a 727, immediate stall at about 3500 feet, followed by my #3 engine putting out thick smoke, I reduced flaps to 35 degrees and applied all the throttle I had left, promptly igniting my smoking #3 Engine, and pulled out just enough that my main gear survived (Somehow) and my Nosegear gave out, about 500 feet short of Runway 10L.       Guessed part, not in X-plane [All 150 or so aboard survived with injuries ranging from bruising to broken bones]

gvgch

gvgch

Someone on AE

• 202 posts

My best "Holy SH*T" moment was on fsx.. I was flying a BA 777-300ER at about 34,000 feet. I reached the cruise speed at 34,000 feet after a little while. I hadn't realized that the auto pilot was on the whole time.. So I accidently turned off the autopilot. I was gone for 2 minutes and then I returned to my plane. It was diving at -8000fpm and the speed was about 450+ Knots at a altitude of 7,000. I just tried pulling up best as possible. Unfortunately, This wasn't enough. There happened to be a boat there at the same time. So, The Boat and Plane had a head on collision in the Atlantic Ocean with 290 Passengers and 5 boat members dying. R.I.P. The Nightmare still haunts me in my sleep

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

XD

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Allen_Randall

Allen_Randall

• 6 posts

Ive been reading your posts and had not had that experience of AI failure except for the ones that I have preprogrammed.. How do I enable real life / random scenario?? Thanks. I have FSX and yes.. I prefer Boeings and Airbuses.. Especially the B737 and A-350/777 by camsing... :D

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I was approaching Amsterdam as the visibility dropped to just under 10 miles and the winds got quite bad (28 knots, gusting 40). I'd called up on the UNICOM for an ILS 27 arrival for a long runway with a somewhat headwind, seemingly ideal in this situation. However, just after this someone else called up for an approach for 22, followed by someone approaching 24. 

This left me on approach to 27 with traffic coming across me for 22 and the 24 arrival somewhere behind. During this time I had to turn TCAS off and take manual control to try to control speed. The winds made it hard, making me a little too fast followed quickly by too slow. Fortunately everyone landed without incident but it wasn't exactly the most comforting experience I've had on FSX. 

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Anybody play Rortos Flight on mobile? Extreme Landings pro.

I was on a flight from JFK to YTP with an A340-500. I took off, and I had an ASY problem, my brakes would not work, and I lost Auto Asset Management. I wasn't more than 30 nm from JFK. I was losing fuel to the Right Side tanks, so I kept putting fuel into it to keep going. I hit about 10 gallons of fuel in Left Tank and headed back to EWR. I landed mostly okay, but as my brakes were not functioning, I slid down the runway (flaps on full, airbrakes on, reverse thrust full) and stopped (almost) 200 feet after the runway ended. The weather was pretty awful, too. Oh, and that was the average failure. I would hate to see a high failure. Lucky, that's what I was.

wgOP4y0.jpg

BernieBro

BernieBro

All opinions are my own

• 130 posts

I was doing the United Island Hopper between Honolulu and Guam with the 737-800 and when departing Pohnpei, Micronesia the elevator got stuck in the position to which I had to pull up on the joystick the entire "landing" (Increasing speed only made it worse) and the plane eventually was losing too much altitude to maintain flight all the way back to Pohnpei so I just ended up ditching the 738 into the ocean about 4minutes from Pohnpei.

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

Once I was flying from Vancouver to Kelowna at night in an Embraer 120... As I was on approach to Kelowna I evidently wasn't paying the best attention to my surroundings because I suddenly noticed that there was this huge ridge right in front of me. I set full power and pulled up, and just managed to clear the ridge and come in for a safe landing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users