Photo

My "holy s***" moment

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I was doing an island hopper in a Grand Caravan from Guernsey to Jersey. On landing, I was about 50 feet above the ground and 100 metres from the runway (travelling at around 65 knots) descending at approx 500 feet a minute. I flared and landed on the runway threshold.

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

I tried to take my FSPassengers Dassault Falcon 50 out of a war zone(KCCR), and the following happened:

First i lost hydraulics when I was hit by AA fire, followed by hull rupture. Next after declaring emergancy I exceeded the gear/flaps speed. I executed  a belly landing at KSUU

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I basically recreated that Air Florida flight today, but there's no ice involved. I took an A319 for AA (AAL466) from DCA-CLT. Well a minute after taking off from DCA I connected the Autothrottle. My mistake was that I never set the speed. My pitch angle of about 20 degrees with no power is a bad idea. I landed just short of the bridge that the Air Florida flight crashed into. No ice. Just a stupid mistake.

wgOP4y0.jpg

rdxesz

rdxesz

• 8 posts

My best was in a Curtiss JN-4 Jenny in FS2004. I was flying down a valley about 50ft below the ridge. I was being realistic and had no gps to see other aircraft on. I got no ATC warnings of nearby aircraft. An AI 747 came over the ridge about 100-200ft above me descending into an airport. After a few expletives, I ended up only a few feet above the ground with TCAS still going "DESCEND, DESCEND".

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

I was flying an A320 ATH-SKG and I accidentally pushed F1 on the climb right after takeoff at 20deg nose up. I AF447-ed myself.

BV6atB1.jpg

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

My newest oh sh*t moment came today in a real Cessa 152. I was flying with a friend over a lake. He did some rudder movements for fun and my door ****ing opened. Luckily I had my harness on but sh*t that was scary. Lesson to all of you. Make sure your seatbelt is always on and always make sure your door is shut!

wgOP4y0.jpg

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

I had another moment when I was flying a Delta CRJ-700 to ATL. I was on final and the plane jolted right, I thought it was just some wind and continued. I noticed it was drifting to the right slightly, so I banked left to stay on the centerline. I landed smoothly, but the moment the nose wheel touched down the plane turned straight off the runway to the right. Once I stopped I went to an external view and saw that my rudder was stuck completely to the right. Idk why I didn't just go straight to the ground when it first happened. I don't have any payware addons (I don't even have crash settings on for Christ's sake) so I have no idea why it happened, but it happened to me once a couple of days before on a FlyUK Q400, and just as I was starting to taxi with a left turn the plane turned right, and on the external view the rudder was completely stuck. Had to reset the sim to get it working.

My newest oh sh*t moment came today in a real Cessa 152. I was flying with a friend over a lake. He did some rudder movements for fun and my door ****ing opened. Luckily I had my harness on but sh*t that was scary. Lesson to all of you. Make sure your seatbelt is always on and always make sure your door is shut!

Wow. Just wow.

BV6atB1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users