Ps.: The most impressive in the picture is the terrain defect XD

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts
Two incidents within days of each other! Better launch an investigation into the MD-80!!

Having flown from Dar Es Slaam to Nairobi, I refuelled, loaded up (nearly 100% load) and went to the runway heading to Entebbe, then off to Addis Abbaba.

Having got to the runway, I stabilised my engines, threw on full power and began rolling. Just before V1, I noticed the engines where showing abnormalities and aborted the take off, taxied round the whole airport and got ready for the next attempt, not wanting to loose my money for not getting my passengers to their destinations by cancelling the flight.

At the next attempt, I rolled down the runway, all the engines seemed fine this time, got to VR and the right engine started to read a higher temperature than the left one. As I got to gear up, the right engine caught fire and cut out and I pulled the engine fire thing to extinguish it. I then did a circle of the airport and landed safely, nearly hitting a ATR-42 however. Surprisingly...the landing was very smooth considering I only had one engine (I guess it's cause I kept the engine going till the last minute) and everyone walked off un-harmed, accept for my big bill. >_>

Anyway, that's today's MD-80 crash story! These MD-80's... :no:

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
:console:

Guest_Vive La France CEO guy_*

Guest_Vive La France CEO guy_*
  • Guests
MD80's are stupid...

AIRITALIA AIRLINES FLIGHT 8080:
Rome FCO airport...
And so an MD-80 splashes into the river after it's ailerons and engine shutdown swithches failed. All on board were lost

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
If that makes the MD80 stupid then the 737 might as well be called stupid as well. The MD80 and DC9 are the in my opinion the best planes still in service today. They are comfortable, not very noisy in the cabin and it just looks good. :drool:

Posted Image
LN-RMT - Again by Bendikoro, on Flickr

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
Well I think they're awful, Prefer the E-Jets XP

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
A321's all the way :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
E-Jets & A319 all the way :P

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts

DC-9/MD-80/MD-90/MD-95/717 > All

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
G-FCLE

My worst incident was an engine 2 failure on a Innsbruck departure, unfortunately we lost her due to a bird strike at about 500 feet, the engine was subsequently shut down and then we climbed to a safe altitude and landed somewhere in Germany

banner_signature_northern.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

I was operating a flight from LHR-TLS for ZonExecutive, and I was about 2 hours into the flight, and was on approach to TLS when dual engine failure occured. I glided in to final approach to TLS and then well...let's just say that none of the passengers survived the dive. :P

cUDPatH.jpg

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts

My worst moment on FSX was landing an ERJ-135 in Philadelphia when I realized it wouldn't slow down.  I went around and noticed that I forgot to disengage the autothrottle.  When I landed (with it off this time) I came in too fast, slowed down as much as I could, then stalled and crashed because of a lack of airspeed.  I just can't win.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

My worst moment on FSX was landing an ERJ-135 in Philadelphia when I realized it wouldn't slow down.  I went around and noticed that I forgot to disengage the autothrottle.  When I landed (with it off this time) I came in too fast, slowed down as much as I could, then stalled and crashed because of a lack of airspeed.  I just can't win.

you just can't fly either

ADWAM.png

Uracco

Uracco

If the 747 is the Queen of the Skies is the A380 King?

• 103 posts
I remember flying an A318 into City when the left landing gear failed. Lets just say there's now an Airbus sitting at the bottom of the Thames.

16277175_AE_Sig.png

Fan of old and new particularly Tridents,Comets,VC10's,1-11's,A320's,787's,757's and the Queen of The Skies  

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

I feel lucky to say that I've never had a crash in Flight Sim. Not in my 10,526 hours of flight experience :)

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

ignore me

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

I feel lucky to say that I've never had a crash in Flight Sim. Not in my 10,526 hours of flight experience :)

not even a deliberate crash?

ADWAM.png

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

I got ****ed over by AI once and landed on a America West 757 crossing the runway ^_^

12ca1c99cc.png

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

not even a deliberate crash?

No. I've always been serious when I flew, back even when I was training in a Cessna 150.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users