- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

not sure about the servers though to have all those names for all the worlds. ?? no idea what Yuxi thinks!!

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
What difference is it between numbers and letters? The server isn't a poundworld one either!

banner_signature_northern.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

We should be able to register our A/C.. Example: N0453

The Airbus Guy

The Airbus Guy

Aviation expert

• 147 posts

And then what would you do with the reg?

qatar_img.jpg

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I wouldn't support this idea, I'd get real annoyed at people not giving them proper registrations.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

@ Above, no. I mean like they give you one so people won't give them useless ones.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I would like this option if it could be properly structured, however, the sheer volume of aircraft bought in AE could cause a problem with countries possibly running out of registrations.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Also, there various situations, eg In Russia registrations cost more with tax if they are Western built. (If you want to register as RA-) For this reason most people register under the EI-, VP- or VQ- registers. I have also seen people using the N, OE- and M- registers for these reasons :P

Also, people trying to do things like G-001 as a British registration would drive me to insanity. Also, if I registration aircraft as say G-TAWA, G-TAWB, G-TAWC, I could almost guarantee someone would try to annoy me by using G-TAWD. Mein OCD D:

zakariae

zakariae

Qatar Airways CEO

• 127 posts

User's Awards

3    4    2      
What if we register them after you IATA code. For instance my IATA code is qr, I'd register my aircraft QR-AAA, or QR1234,etc.

The Airbus Guy

The Airbus Guy

Aviation expert

• 147 posts

Am still not understanding the reasoning of having aircraft reg. What impact will it have on the game?

qatar_img.jpg

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
What if we register them after you IATA code. For instance my IATA code is qr, I'd register my aircraft QR-AAA, or QR1234,etc.

You know, I think that's worse D: (Unless it's US based then you go Nxxxx[IATA] :P

Am still not understanding the reasoning of having aircraft reg. What impact will it have on the game?

Realism, basically.

zakariae

zakariae

Qatar Airways CEO

• 127 posts

User's Awards

3    4    2      
For the fun of it jut makes the game more realistic and by the way I think they are implementing aircraft registeration in AE4.0 I may be wrong

zakariae

zakariae

Qatar Airways CEO

• 127 posts

User's Awards

3    4    2      
Well register your ac however u may like I'd register mine realistic if I was based in UAE, I'd register mine A6-AGH or similar like emirates.

The Airbus Guy

The Airbus Guy

Aviation expert

• 147 posts

I understand how adding aircraft reg will be realistic but what i mean is are you looking to add it for reasons such as aircraft history, search for a reg and see what airline currently owns it etc? 

qatar_img.jpg

ah45

ah45

Captain

• 92 posts

This is actually a nice idea, for the sake of realism, but how it is implemented could be a problem. Of course, this should be optional.

a333sig_zps0c9e23f8.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
Well, like the current aircraft code is given to you, the reg should be too. Each country has their own code and if an airline is based in that country they should have to use that code. I know that Ireland is EI so it should be EI-xxx for all aircraft belonging to Irish airlines

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
This has been mentioned & discussed before & I think Yuxi said there would be no problem with running out of registrations but I cannot remember - maybe this is one for AE4

banner_signature_northern.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

Maybe we can register how we want. Like, to keep track of them.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Maybe we can register how we want. Like, to keep track of them.

Then that just goes back to the aircraft 'C/N's' we have now...

If we're going to register aircraft, we've got to do it properly, in the mean time I think it's best to just RP the registrations.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

ok..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users