Photo

Itineraries, Flights, and Routes (and Real Connecting Pax)

* * * * * 5 votes AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

So are we planning on adding this in AE4 or can we possibly make it its own "small" big update (AE3.3?). This is something I want and everyone else want pushed, maybe to the front. As I see it, if the Dev team (I might be able to help, if you need some) could try to work only on this update and see if they can push it out. I hate to want to model Minecraft here, but they're pretty good at pushing small things when people want it.

wgOP4y0.jpg

greybeard777

greybeard777

AE Player

• 77 posts

YES! Actual connecting flights would be amazing! I think other fees such as baggage should be added and a fourth class (flex economy or something). I don't know what the correct terminology is, but some airlines will have a flight that stops and refuels somewhere (in home country) but all the passengers stay on the plane. Flights like this would obviosly have to be less expensive than direct flights but it would allow an aircraft to fly from Houston KIAH to Tokyo RJAA via KLAX. Maybe so the feature is not abused the connecting city would have to be a hub??

Proud owner of the Azure Airways Group
-Azure
-Azure Tokyo
7YkFLpQ.jpgQn4ZiNM.jpg

Designed exclusively by The Clinton Corporation.

greybeard777

greybeard777

AE Player

• 77 posts

So are we planning on adding this in AE4 or can we possibly make it its own "small" big update (AE3.3?). This is something I want and everyone else want pushed, maybe to the front. As I see it, if the Dev team (I might be able to help, if you need some) could try to work only on this update and see if they can push it out. I hate to want to model Minecraft here, but they're pretty good at pushing small things when people want it.

I agree. Real connecting passengers is definitely the feature I want the most.

Proud owner of the Azure Airways Group
-Azure
-Azure Tokyo
7YkFLpQ.jpgQn4ZiNM.jpg

Designed exclusively by The Clinton Corporation.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Four years on, 8 pages of discussions goes on.

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

LHR-KUL-LGW http://www.airline-e.../tongue_reg.gif

LAX-PVG-LGW

euro_polis

euro_polis

• 2 posts

True, sounds more complicated but its ore rational. Plus improves the gamplay of AE. It would be benificial for all as you dont have to fly two seprate routes but just one route with stopovers. Its complicated, but profitable.  

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

First I want this to happen

Set two different prices for flights flown with normal aircrafts and flights with supersonics. Have two separate competitions. This will actually put Concorde into use, or no one is ever going to use them.

For example JFK-LHR on a Boeing 747 competes with the normal demand, charge normal prices. While the Concorde version of this route with compete with less demands, but charge a lot more.

Also technical stops should be added, so flights like Idaho Falls-PEK can be opened with a 737.

5TH FREEDOM RIGHT

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

For AE 4:

I'm thinking we should separate the concept of ticket sales and actual flights operated. Say if an airline operates ORD-LAX, ORD-JFK, and ORD-SFO, he can choose which tickets to sell (LAX-JFK via ORD, SFO-JFK via ORD, etc). Passengers wanting to fly LAX-JFK would choose among all possible itineraries (LAX-JFK nonstop, LAX-ORD-JFK, etc) instead of actual flights.

This system has several advantages:

1) It easily facilitates a realistic connecting passenger model. Currently all demand is O&D, and connecting pax are generated based on hub traffic. Under the proposed system, the connecting pax would be real pax taking costs and flight times into account. Airlines flying LAX-DFW-JFK would compete for LAX-JFK passengers as well.

2) It allows for more flexible routings and stopovers. For example, if an aircraft doesn't have enough range to fly DFW-PVG, you can fly DFW-NRT and NRT-PVG and only sell tickets on DFW-PVG.

This sounds like a lot more micromanagement, but you would be able to choose default "rules" for new routes - sell tickets corresponding to flights only (no connecting pax), sell tickets on all possible itineraries (within timetable constraints), etc.

Comments, suggestions? :P

Yes I love this idea. It basically allows refuling stops, which I really want. Currently, you can sort of do this by making two flights, but that's only if the stopover is in your country. I think that this Is a perfect idea.

Lord Corner

Lord Corner

Perfectionist

• 112 posts

This thread started in 2012.. Was kinda funny that I had the same Idea before I read this thread.. Though it is almost 5 years since upcoming, I would go off in the moment this is added to AE :rock:

JCA122204

JCA122204

• 7 posts
I would say have an option to do this. You can do the current system, or you can do the one you suggested.

Maybe, like a tab on the routes page?

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I would say have an option to do this. You can do the current system, or you can do the one you suggested.

Maybe, like a tab on the routes page?

obviously. 

og EKPO

og EKPO

Longtime AE Player

• 100 posts

I highly support having these features coming out in a small update for our current version of AE. In my opinion, trying to release a completely new version of AE from the ground-up will not happen realistically and would likely be nonfunctional for many months after its release, purely because of the number of errors it would have without any proven, stable base. I think that adding this feature onto the current version of AE would do away with the spamlines that rely on today's fake connecting pax & also allow for better trouble-shooting for this individual feature afterwards, so that when AE 4 actually came out, all of its modular parts would be operational and built upon the already-stable base of AE we have today.

NotSureWhatToUse

NotSureWhatToUse

AE Player

• 51 posts

User's Awards

So how long do we have to wait for the new update to roll out? Just curious :D

Also I like those ideas a lot can't wait for them to be implemented

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

So how long do we have to wait for the new update to roll out? Just curious :D

Also I like those ideas a lot can't wait for them to be implemented

Erm, AE4... isn’t coming out anytime soon.

siggie3.png

E.B Aviation

E.B Aviation

AE's Pencil Artist

• 95 posts

User's Awards

Erm, AE4... isn’t coming out anytime soon.

2 years later.... we barely had an update we've be demanding for a long time... I hope this update comes out soon along with this being in place. This would be great for airlines relying on connections... AHEM AHEM uae... polynesia.... etc...

CCCP

CCCP

• 9 posts

User's Awards

4    3   

Well... All I need for now is the easy ability to transfer assigned flights from one aircraft to another.  Now it is tedious, labour-heavy job clicking on each single flight to select all of them for one aircraft.

Game is not as enjoyable now as it used to be

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users