CHEATER EXPOSED

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts

Originally posted by lscMC

If you explain why you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes, your credibiliy will grow heaps.

You are rit, my fares are a bit higher than average in my routes. However, i found my LF is not so good, around 70% per route. On balancing LF and profit, i choose the latter.

If you avoid the question, and create distractions (as you have done), your credibility shrinks.

Do the right thing, explain why you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes, in a calm, rational, non-attacking manner, and watch the forum start supporting you. Until you do this, I must agree with Banana and Seanbert.

Please tell us your side of the story - why do you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes?

When i set the price, i have many times for trial and error. I've tried to put 5 737 in OSA-PUS but it give -ve profit. however, some of my routes lik OSA-SEL seems have huge demand and profit until SEANBert start the price war.

I find it interesting that you mention OSA-SEL has huge demand yet to be met because my experience of operating the route somehow shows a different picture.

And remember the below thread? http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=2911

This is the other time I caught certain player cheating on OSA-SEL with a bogus airline (i.e. aemp26, and now Lexus, id: 4603) to activate the bug and overflood the market. Subsquent to the incident, a few players have been squeezed out of the route -- Smit Airways, for once. I remember this because I had communicated with him on this matter.

The fact that OSA-SEL is already saturated prior to your addition of multiple A330s. My $1 fare still rendered me with a 0% loading today.

[Edited on 8/14/2005 by oneworld]

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts

Originally posted by oneworld

Originally posted by lscMC

If you explain why you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes, your credibiliy will grow heaps.

You are rit, my fares are a bit higher than average in my routes. However, i found my LF is not so good, around 70% per route. On balancing LF and profit, i choose the latter.

If you avoid the question, and create distractions (as you have done), your credibility shrinks.

Do the right thing, explain why you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes, in a calm, rational, non-attacking manner, and watch the forum start supporting you. Until you do this, I must agree with Banana and Seanbert.

Please tell us your side of the story - why do you have lots of seats with above average fares on saturated routes?

When i set the price, i have many times for trial and error. I've tried to put 5 737 in OSA-PUS but it give -ve profit. however, some of my routes lik OSA-SEL seems have huge demand and profit until SEANBert start the price war.

I find it interesting that you mention OSA-SEL has huge demand yet to be met because my experience of operating the route somehow shows a different picture.

And remember the below thread? http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=2911

This is the other time I caught certain player cheating on OSA-SEL with a bogus airline (i.e. aemp26, and now Lexus, id: 4603) to activate the bug and overflood the market. Subsquent to the incident, a few players have been squeezed out of the route -- Smit Airways, for once. I remember this because I had communicated with him on this matter.

The fact that OSA-SEL is already saturated prior to your addition of multiple A330s. My $1 fare still rednered me with a 0% loading today.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
Hi Marcus. Can you try something?

1) Close one of your OSA-SEL routes. Record the fares and frequencies. By closing a route, I do not mean reducing frequency by 1, I mean clicking the close route hot button.
2) Rebuild all your OSA-SEL routes, using exact same plane, exact same frequency, and exact same fare.

Are the results the same? Looking at the population of the route, I think the answer will be no.

70% LF on that route with that capacity and those fares - looks odd.

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Is it possible that one can activate the bug without intending it? I feel this situation shows many similarities to the accusation of Western a while ago. I'm rather convinced after speaking with the CEO that he didn't cheat, at least not indendingly. I think Maestro69 can back me up on that too. But still, I always felt confused that Western had so many seats and so high prices, yet still claiming to only go after trial and error tinkering on the market research, just as Marcus Airlines is claiming now. Perhaps it's the same situation?

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
But Marcus has the weird similarities of all the smaller cheater airlines enter right after him, he also has all 3 A330's doing local work when most people in the game right now are entering Long Haul, rather than get into an overcapacity war and yet all those A330 frequencies seem to be doing very well rather than having a 40% LF which is what you should have.

Nidhal

Nidhal

• 56 posts
  • WLM ID:NidhalC@hotmail.com
I dont get it ! how come if you have more than 1 aircraft on the same routes is considered as cheating ?

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by Nidhal
I dont get it ! how come if you have more than 1 aircraft on the same routes is considered as cheating ?

It is not the fact that he has more than one aircraft. Having more than one aircraft on a route is common. The issue here is when a route has more seats available than passengers, odd things start to happen and it is possible to exploit the game for unfair advantage.

While not 100% certain, some indications of system abuse include lots of seats on a route (not planes or frequencies, but seats), and above average fares.

I hope that makes sense.

lscMC

lscMC

• 29 posts

Originally posted by Chicken

It is not the fact that he has more than one aircraft. Having more than one aircraft on a route is common. The issue here is when a route has more seats available than passengers, odd things start to happen and it is possible to exploit the game for unfair advantage.

While not 100% certain, some indications of system abuse include lots of seats on a route (not planes or frequencies, but seats), and above average fares.

I hope that makes sense.

u say "exploit the game for unfair advantage", but how unfair?? puting A330 in short haul will be considered as cheating, setting higher than average price is also considered as cheating. how can i adjust myself in this AE world??

[Edited on 8/14/2005 by lscMC]

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Marcus Airways, as a fellow competitor in Asia, I must say do what chicken said and then come back. Until that is done, you're guilty in about everyones mind, especially the people that really got hit hard by Navy, like myself.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
Marcus your fares and load factors look odd. 70% load factor on a saturated route with above average fares sounds suspect. If you are telling the truth, then there is a bug active. Close and re-open routes. Change frequencies and fares, then change them back. Close a route, swap a plane, swap plane back, then re-open route. Fly OSA-SEL, then close and fly SEL-OSA. Does anything change?

lscMC

lscMC

• 29 posts

Originally posted by Chicken
Marcus your fares and load factors look odd. 70% load factor on a saturated route with above average fares sounds suspect. If you are telling the truth, then there is a bug active. Close and re-open routes. Change frequencies and fares, then change them back. Close a route, swap a plane, swap plane back, then re-open route. Fly OSA-SEL, then close and fly SEL-OSA. Does anything change?

i hv done that~~it gives me 0% LF, i think maybe it's caused by 4 A320 at $1 by Seanbert at that route. :cool:

Actually, from last nit while the $1 is set, i hv been suffering 0% LF at my price.

[Edited on 8/14/2005 by lscMC]

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts
okay, for your benefit i have reset prices on SEL-OSA back to the original level of $120.

You have now the opportunity to demonstrate how you fit 2x 737-700, 2x A333, 3x ERJ145 on the route, whilst charging $270, to legitimately gain a 70% loading without the use of any bogus airline to activate a bug.

rocksandfossils

rocksandfossils

Banned

• 257 posts
marcus airlines got rid of a bunch of that capacity on SEL-OSA already.
i guess s/he wont be doing any "demonstrating"

[Edited on 8/14/2005 by rocksandfossils]

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts

Originally posted by rocksandfossils

Oh this is disappointing, i hope he can take this chance to demonstrate his claim.

In case anybody wants to know, at a fare of $120, my loading factor is still low as 45%.

Posted Image

And this is against the backdrop that Marcus has silently removed a whopping 949 seat capacity away from the route.

Now please bear a moment of thought and consider whether it is possible that an airline flies over 1130 seats daily, sets a fare of $270, and at the same time retains a high loading factor as 70% -- just as what Marcus airlines has claimed.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by oneworld

Originally posted by rocksandfossils

Oh this is disappointing, i hope he can take this chance to demonstrate his claim.

In case anybody wants to know, at a fare of $120, my loading factor is still low as 45%.

Posted Image

And this is against the backdrop that Marcus has silently removed a whopping 949 seat capacity away from the route.

Now please bear a moment of thought and consider whether it is possible that an airline flies over 1130 seats daily, sets a fare of $270, and at the same time retains a high loading factor as 70% -- just as what Marcus airlines has claimed.

Looks like the false market created is still trying to cope even with less seats, the damage he caused is done

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

Originally posted by ziliu
Is it possible that one can activate the bug without intending it?

That I think is possible. When I was testing ticket prices to see what would make me the most profit on a route, I nearly activated it, but noticed just in time the load factor hit 100%. I decided not to continue, and chose anouther route.

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts
The development really never cease to amaze

PUS-NGO
Posted Image

SHA-OSA
Posted Image

CTS-NGO
Posted Image

OSA-OKA
Posted Image

Not only AGAIN Marcus airline has shown his extraordinary ability to charge signficiantly higher fares than competition with massive capacity deployment -- on some of the most saturated routes in Asia -- and "coincidentally" all those route exhibit an unusual 100% loading -- for once again a clear sign that they are plauged by BUGS...

Really just coincidental of what we see??

[Edited on 8/14/2005 by oneworld]

Guest_xwing_*

Guest_xwing_*
  • Guests
I was on NGO-PUS until a few days ago with 4 Beeches running about 20 frequencies. I had a 100% load factor on that; I guess this explains that.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Yeah. I think the Navy bug was activated then.

oneworld

oneworld

• 33 posts

Originally posted by xwing
I was on NGO-PUS until a few days ago with 4 Beeches running about 20 frequencies. I had a 100% load factor on that; I guess this explains that.

IF there was the case, could you please substantiate your identity by telling us who you are. As a search of the player list has shown, there is NOT an operator named "Xwing".

Your assistance will be most welcomed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users