Photo

How many people would be willing to pay for a livery or logo?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you pay for a logo or livery? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
then youve been screwed... lol the £15 package comes with 2 domains :rolleyes:

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

In case you haven't noticed I'm completely external from AE. Like I say, my products are for use with AE... I have no such link with AE that requires me to pay. Stating the fact I'm charging for liveries in my forum posts does not constitute adversing to a degree that requires me to pay royalties.

then dont advertise your services on AE

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
what about taking orders on here because your website isnt up and running yet?? that counts

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

try $114 a month that yuxi has to pay to keep the game running (or somewhere near that, I remember I asked him how much it costed to host it, and I remember he said something like 114

Ever thought that, Miller I believe, is paying more because what he uses costs more? Baring in mind AE makes use of IPboard and various other features that have greater costs that myself. With this logic, anyone who has lower costs for a service they provide than another business/organisation should have an equal cost basis.

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

what about taking orders on here because your website isnt up and running yet?? that counts

what orders?

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

then youve been screwed... lol the £15 package comes with 2 domains :rolleyes:

and multiple site administrators... hence why I chose that package. After all I am hiring designers.

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

then dont advertise your services on AE

Once again, stating that I'm charging does not require me to pay royalties.

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts
Speedy. Bring the prices down a bit....

Say £1.00 - £1.50 to a logo based on size

And maybe £3 - £5 for a livery (depending on size) or get both in a small bundle for £6. Or a large for £7

Sound a bit better?
gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
should ae charge for business promotions? after all thats what your doing on here offering 4 free brand overhauls

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Well I'm due to start with a sale once the payment system is up an running :P

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

should ae charge for business promotions? after all thats what your doing on here offering 4 free brand overhauls

How exactly is that a business promotion? Regardless of your definition, once again, I'm not required to pay royalties to AE for doing so.

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
Some of you may have noticed a rather large backlash at my recent decision to charge for my work

Behind all this is my professional design agency, DeisgnX.

In order to build up a portfolio of work to display as examples on the site, I'm looking for 4 users to accept the opportunity to have a full airline brand overhaul, free of charge. Not only will it provide examples of our work for the site, it'll also show all the sceptics at AE what you are really getting for your money... trust me, you'd be surprised

that my friend is a promotion, why should AE pay to provide a place for you to profit

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
For goodness sake, it's to built up a portfolio of work, as stated above. Do tell me what profit I'm making...

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
it is for business purposes isnt it, regardless if you make profit or not ..... which you wont by the way ..... luckily there are many good designers on this site ready to take your place!

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

Ever thought that, Miller I believe, is paying more because what he uses costs more? Baring in mind AE makes use of IPboard and various other features that have greater costs that myself. With this logic, anyone who has lower costs for a service they provide than another business/organisation should have an equal cost basis.

well first able, Miller is out of the game (I think)

second able, you are comparing AE with facebook,. Facebook is multi million (if not billion) dollar company that has other multi million dollar companies paying them for advertising, AE is a small free online game that has no paid customers and a very unsteady and small income from advertising.

Sense the difference?

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Sorry, this is for business purposes? How is offering a service for free 'business purposes'?

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

it is for business purposes isnt it, regardless if you make profit or not ..... which you wont by the way ..... luckily there are many good designers on this site ready to take your place!

well no, definition of business is when you make profit.

however I do agree with you that there are many good designers to take SB's place, in fact I dont mind him charging for his liveries, its his choice if he doesnt want to design liveries any more. However I do believe that he should pay a percent of his very small income to AE for advertising on AE

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
are you going to post results on your website to attract customers? sorry bud thats business

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

well first able, Miller is out of the game (I think)

second able, you are comparing AE with facebook,. Facebook is multi million (if not billion) dollar company that has other multi million dollar companies paying them for advertising, AE is a small free online game that has no paid customers and a very unsteady and small income from advertising.

Sense the difference?

I see the difference in the model, but how exactly does this affect me?

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

I see the difference in the model, but how exactly does this affect me?

that is that you should at least help AE by sharing profit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users