Photo

How many people would be willing to pay for a livery or logo?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you pay for a logo or livery? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
i didnt say it was your fault speedbird, im just stating a possibility that other designers will choose to charge and spoil the expierience for new players, i loved the way i joined asked and was given a livery, it shows there are people out there who want to help others out and create a brilliant atmosphere for everyone, i did however wish you luck, im not having a go at you personally we all know your designs are some of the best around. However i do believe that the airline empires staff should be seriously thinking about how this should be done, and if it catches on then getting a percentage to aid in the development of this game....

my thoughts

:mellow:

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

Mind if I ask how exactly it's 'dragging this good game down'?

if other designers follow you, but just saying. I will always design liveries for free

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
djhogg, you are aware that liveries were only added due to my own lobbying. If it weren't for myself, you wouldn't have liveries at all, so don't say I'm spoiling the experience considering it's a recently added luxury. Besides, this is being handled externally, and am marketing this at other airline sims as well as AE. Hence, this technically has nothing to do with AE... just so happens my products can be used within the game...

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
you say that speedbird, but your happily advertising your products on here..... surely advertising should be paid for

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
free advertising... just as facebook, twitter, and other social media is...

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
and sb, i wasnt aware that you pushed for liverys, i'm sure i join the whole community in thanking you, however when you thought of this was it to add to the experience or so you could make a few bucks on the side, many many good online games have been spoilt in similar ways.

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
listen im not arguing with you, really cant be bothered, just wanted to state my views, what annoys me though is how the game designers do all they can to keep it free and someone suddenly decides to make money themselves, if any admin reads this, why should a user profit from your hard work, either take a cut or dont allow it to happen in-house.

Rant over

:)

again speedbird i respect you and your work i just dont agree with what your doing.

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

however when you thought of this was it to add to the experience or so you could make a few bucks on the side

what do you think...

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

listen im not arguing with you, really cant be bothered, just wanted to state my views, what annoys me though is how the game designers do all they can to keep it free and someone suddenly decides to make money themselves, if any admin reads this, why should a user profit from your hard work, either take a cut or dont allow it to happen in-house.

Rant over

:)

again speedbird i respect you and your work i just dont agree with what your doing.

Are you aware your argument is completely flawed? :P

Facebook is a prime example of this... a free to use website that many have used to make money... there's numerous apps that require fees to use, and various corporations use it as an adversing base. You can make your opinion voiced all you like, but there's nothing at all wrong with what I'm doing, and your opinion isn't going to change that. Do you think I'm covering my costs with those prices anyway? :P

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
i know the answer so why suddenly charge and create the possibility of ruining something you created?

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
what costs?? loads of us make liverys doesnt cost us a penny

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Do explain to me how exactly I'm ruing it... I'm quite intrigued :P

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests

what costs?? loads of us make liverys doesnt cost us a penny

website, domain, advertising, etc...

djhogg

djhogg

AE Player

• 52 posts
lol, as for facebook you will find that apps pay for the privilage of making money so do big companies, small businesses can create a profile sure, but they cannot contact unknown people how do you think facebook makes so much money??

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Your point is? I'm a small business with a profile on a social network (ie AE)... according to you that's fine...

Regardless, that wasn't my point anyway. You'll quite clearly see that various business of all sizes have pages, groups, etc. They're most certainly not charged for that...

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

website, domain, advertising, etc...

sure... you spend allot of money on your moonfruit website

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
oddly enough mate, I'm paying £15 a month and am expecting a reasonably large figure for the domain... I don't know about you but that's a relatively large quantity...

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

Your point is? I'm a small business with a profile on a social network (ie AE)... according to you that's fine...

Regardless, that wasn't my point anyway. You'll quite clearly see that various business of all sizes have pages, groups, etc. They're most certainly not charged for that...

SB, AE is not a social network, its a free online game, this game doesnt have a steady profit (and advertising isnt really steady, which I know from running my own site), so I am sure that devs would be happy to get a cut from your profit. Also you should give at least a part of your profit because you are changing how this game could be viewed by new members. If you charge for liveries and they look at that, they might think that this game is turning into a business rather than an airline simulation game where people help others to start their own airline or design graphics for them.

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

oddly enough mate, I'm paying £15 a month and am expecting a reasonably large figure for the domain... I don't know about you but that's a relatively large quantity...

try $114 a month that yuxi has to pay to keep the game running (or somewhere near that, I remember I asked him how much it costed to host it, and I remember he said something like 114

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
In case you haven't noticed I'm completely external from AE. Like I say, my products are for use with AE... I have no such link with AE that requires me to pay. Stating the fact I'm charging for liveries in my forum posts does not constitute adversing to a degree that requires me to pay royalties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users