Photo

New Realistic Feature: Liberalized EU

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

cosmy

cosmy

• 1 posts

I'm with Yuxi on this - it won't affect the modern worlds more the 80s worlds, but I think it would be a nice touch if the openskies treaties were to start in game at the dates that they did in real life.

Either way, good feature.

I'm too for this feature. But in game year 1985 it looks a bit butt that you be allowed to open route Brussels-Luxembourg or Barcelona-London for example if your home is Czech republic (Czechoslovakia in 1985). Even Spain is member of EU since 1986. Let's follow real dates.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

really need opensky's as all the US legacies have hubs in other countries with domestic services from those hubs.

Then we might as well scrap the whole concept of the realistic world. If an American/European airline was allowed set up a base in a foreign country then the purpose of the game is gone.

As far as I know openskies only allowed airlines to operate unlimited flights into foreign airspace not set up shop there :| ( I could be wrong I'm not sure )

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

Then we might as well scrap the whole concept of the realistic world. If an American/European airline was allowed set up a base in a foreign country then the purpose of the game is gone.

As far as I know openskies only allowed airlines to operate unlimited flights into foreign airspace not set up shop there :| ( I could be wrong I'm not sure )

Agreed. Most openskies agreements tend to be very limitted in their scope, hard to open, and individually tailored.

For the realistic games, I think that only where completely unrestricted airline activity is allowed in real life should be incorporated into the game. This means intra-EU flights for EU airlines, and I think there's something similar in Africa and Australia/NZ.

Even then, perhaps it should be significantly more expensive to open a hub outside of your country (within the EU etc). This would reflect real life when it tends to be only the big well-established airlines that begin operations outside their home country.

sagsmall.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
I'm fine with the concept , just don't make United Nations included. That would be bad. ^_^

nWcLJH0.png

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts

I'm fine with the concept , just don't make United Nations included. That would be bad. ^_^

What about the UN? I don't suppose you mean the whole world open skies?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, i think any openskies put into the game needs to be realistic and beneficial to the airlines involved the region.

For example, the European Union sold out big time to the United States when agreed to the recent Open Skies between them, as while the EU airlines got allowed to fly between any city pair from Europe to the United States, the United States was not only able to get the same in return, but US airlines allowed to fly intra-European routes as their leisure.

I think for the moment, the recent changes have being ideal and give it a more realistic edge. Obviously more competition can either good or bad, depending on which side of the fence you sit on. :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Not everyones as powerful as ya, dude :whistling:
Posted Image

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
Maybe so, but he gets ignored a lot more... :whistling:

(then again...he only requests new features)

R6 - NSW Airlines

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Not as much as I get ignored when I'm on with with yuxi and un1
Posted Image

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
know how you feel , i've posted in 16 forums and it seems to be rapid growth of posts until I come in. :disgusted:

nWcLJH0.png

MB Airlines

MB Airlines

AE Know It All

• 101 posts
  • Skype Name:mrk_blz
i am based on Lubeck (i start only now! so the big city are all full ^_^ ) but i have a good request in Tallin... so with the liberalized can i maek a fly Tallin - Cairo? or i have to do Lubeck Cairo??
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
MB Airlines is a Proud Member of The International Airline Company Alliance (I.A.C.A.)

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
If you have an airline based in one particular country (lets call it country A), then you can fly anywhere as long at least one of the route's destinations is in country A. However, if country A is in the European Union, then you can fly within the EU from other countries. For example, country A is Germany, you can fly Paris - Madrid as both Spain and France are in the EU. You can't fly Spain to Egypt because you are based in Germany, and Egypt isn't in the European Union. Does that make more sense?

sagsmall.png

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Is the UK considered EU?
Posted Image

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Politically in the real world, yes. I'm not sure if it is correctly modelled in-game, but I think it is.

sagsmall.png

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Sorry for going off topic but as far as I know all EU members use €
Posted Image

MB Airlines

MB Airlines

AE Know It All

• 101 posts
  • Skype Name:mrk_blz
Ok so i can staart fly all over europe beteween europe BUT not from extra EU, for that i have to send from the country i am based, right? ;)
so i am blocked in Lubeck!!!

P.S.
TK-S
no Sweden, Denmark, U.K, and the east-new entry country are part of the E.U. not of the monetary system. but they are in E.U.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
MB Airlines is a Proud Member of The International Airline Company Alliance (I.A.C.A.)

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

Ok so i can staart fly all over europe beteween europe BUT not from extra EU, for that i have to send from the country i am based, right? ;)
so i am blocked in Lubeck!!!

P.S.
TK-S
no Sweden, Denmark, U.K, and the east-new entry country are part of the E.U. not of the monetary system. but they are in E.U.

That's entirely correct.

Lubeck is in Germany, so you'll be able to fly anywhere from German airports, but from other EU airports you can only fly within the EU.

sagsmall.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users