Vote for a Reset (Yes) place Comments here

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Hi Chicken,

My son got me into this and some 10-days ago, I looked at your at your ranking, even during the day, you rate 2nd...$8,000.000.000+....2-hours later......$2,000.000.000

My friend, if you was in the real world, you wouldnt be CEO.....after 2-hours and 10min.......;)

Yes, and I agree on the $160 changing issue, but how do you work this out.

I fly one Beech FRA - NEW - Its now getting $46,000+ per route....

Not before the $160....

Proble is.....all the others have lost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well its fun....regards MMA

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone...we ALL got messed up with this bug, but since we are ALL on even playing fields, there is no need for a reset. I personally have taken a hit of $150k DOP, which is a lot for my small airline, but I'm dealing with it. I'm slowly adjusting prices back to normal and rearranging routes. The probably will fix itself given some time as everyone readjusts their routes back to normal. Yes, some people will try to be funny and leave prices at $160, whether it is a bugged 160 or not, but if enough of us all just suck it up and bring prices back to normal, this will most likely correct itself. I'm just curious as to what happened in the first place that caused this and if it will be corrected so it won't happen again...

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
mma, those rankings u provided on this thread are wrong by a mile!!! ;)

mma

mma

• 425 posts
They was cut and pasted on the Year 5 / Day 15th ------ Today.

[Edited on 7/27/2005 by mma]

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
mma, those rankings u provided on this thread are wrong by a mile!!! ;)

Well thats the thing they are wrong, the sever can't compute proper the data.

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Yes, and if you look at the rankings on Day 3 of any month....you will see (Like) "Chicken" go from 2nd to 15th........then day 4, either 1st or 2nd....

Compute !!!!!!!!!.........The BUG is all through this program....

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
There is no point in a Reset

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Well, I have read ALL messages and I now agree that in time, a new version will arrive, this whole program is (Cool) as my son said.....

So, in the meantime I will just play (Small Time) till the Bugs are given the Flick....

Therefore, I now VOTE NO to a reset, providing, the new version arrives in good time.

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Well here is the latest....

Rank Airline Valuation
10 Rubber Chicken Transport $3,163,448,579

March 2nd Year 5.....

Look at March 4th and he will be 1st or 2nd...

A nett gain of 10Billion

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Its like finding a needle in a haystack!!!!

Honestly, the rankings at the moment would be the most accurate, even though i saw myself in 2nd place right after the month change just infront of Evergreen. But nevemind, guess i'll get there eventually!!!!!!!! ;) :P :D

mma

mma

• 425 posts
So, only one day on in the Rankings and Poor Chicken has just went from 2Billion to a staggering 14Billion

WOW........;)

Ranking Value
2 Rubber Chicken Transport $14,672,516,870

March 4th Year 5

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
WE ALL KNOW ITS WRONG

there is a bug in the ranking screen so its not actually 100% accurate so... you know thats wrong... its more like 2 bil...

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
i think that has to do somewhat with the value added to the airline after an aircraft purchase

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

Originally posted by S.A. 13
People don't really want a reset because of the $160 bug.

We don't? In that case, I vote no (unless I'm missing something here).

TonyAirMed

TonyAirMed

• 37 posts
NO NO NO ,everything is allright,160 is not a problem ,people who is making wrong want a reset but is an excuse .

mma

mma

• 425 posts
Well here is another Thread going.....

Quote:osted on 7/27/2005 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator
Are people really going to reset their prices?

People are not resetting their prices. I know it has only been a few days but why would someone reset their prices (I have for the most part). If you can make a route not profitable for the competition by charging $160, but reap the profits of charging $500, why would you change the price? On the better routes, it has same result as charging $1 but you don't suffer the losses.

In addition, profits are messed up. I was just trying to put a A340-600 on some long haul routes out of LGA - all of them without competition and to major airports with high gate rental fees. The result - very little profit. If I try to reset one of my routes, my profit is cut in half - with no competition. If I don't reset it, it stays at the pre-$160 snafu price.

For some odd reason, all of the prices got reset to $160. Is it unreasonable to think that something else got goofed up in the process?

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts

Originally posted by mma
Well here is another Thread going.....

Quote:osted on 7/27/2005 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator
Are people really going to reset their prices?

People are not resetting their prices. I know it has only been a few days but why would someone reset their prices (I have for the most part). If you can make a route not profitable for the competition by charging $160, but reap the profits of charging $500, why would you change the price? On the better routes, it has same result as charging $1 but you don't suffer the losses.

In addition, profits are messed up. I was just trying to put a A340-600 on some long haul routes out of LGA - all of them without competition and to major airports with high gate rental fees. The result - very little profit. If I try to reset one of my routes, my profit is cut in half - with no competition. If I don't reset it, it stays at the pre-$160 snafu price.

For some odd reason, all of the prices got reset to $160. Is it unreasonable to think that something else got goofed up in the process?

Maybe the people who leave their prices @ 160 don't play the game anymore.

Will you lose your airline is you dont log on for a certain time?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Will you lose your airline is you dont log on for a certain time?

You lose your airline if your not on for two weeks. ;)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
No you don't. My son had an airline that is still around even though no one has logged into it for over 2 months. Also, a message was sent to Miller asking for the account to be closed/deleted and it is still showing up in the rankings. Too bad these airlines weren't being deleted like they should, it would save some on the server load.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Rainbow, some people who have their prices at 160 still are on vacation and have no knowledge of this bug. Others are hoping to drive people off routes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users