• 11 posts
I'll vote yes

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

This is no big deal - just slowly check all your flights and adjust fares.

Good enough for chicken is good enough for me :o

That would be a no vote from me...

Dukeflight

Dukeflight

• 25 posts
I vote NO.
There's no need for a reset.
And also it would not make sense to reset now if a new reset is inminent (when Miller finishes his work).

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by Dukeflight
I vote NO.
There's no need for a reset.
And also it would not make sense to reset now if a new reset is inminent (when Miller finishes his work).

I don't know it its inminent but yes in the future it sure will happen

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
OH MY GOD!!!!

okay sry, but EVERYONE had the same problem and not just 1 person so i dont think a reset should happen for a while.. THERE is NO other reason for one.. and no good reason to have a reset till more stuff is added and could be implimented into the game.......

so seriously.. we dont need one and no point even discussing it???

It was not a problem with the game, and was probably someone outside AE doing it so there is no problem that needs to be fixed.. anyways ...

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
AHHHHH! Nathaniel is an Elite Member! Everybody PANIC!!!!!! :o

and DukeFlight has the best point here. Why reset now when there is probably going to be another reset before the end of the year to add new features

btw, DukeFlight, That's oneheckofa sweet airline name that I can't pronounce :P :P :cool:

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Oh and to emphsize my fealing a little bit more, see new signiture.

Guest_m223b_*

Guest_m223b_*
  • Guests
My Oppinion: No

I see this to be an oppertunity for those who are active to gain a bigger market share in different cities and increase profits. I have already increased my profits on short haul florida routes by about 100,000 and my total profit by 400,000. A reset is NOT beneficial to anyone who is still playing.

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by m223b]

Dukeflight

Dukeflight

• 25 posts
piercey, I know what you mean... that's why some Argentinian airlines choose American names, for example: American Falcon, Southern Winds, etc. But I think CLATA would not be so hard to pronounce... (it would sound funny coming from an English-speaker though...) :o

Anyways, sorry for the off-topic

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Reset, HECK NO! I took a hit, so did others, but we're just gettign warmed up!

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Honestly, there is no point in a reset at the moment, so i say no.

All the reset ideas are coming becuase as SA13 said, some people at the back are not happy with others doing so well that they wish a reset to bring back everyone to an equal footing. Honestly, some airlines havent been touch for ages and the prices wont change from $160, so just try to do ur best and get around the issue.

A reset should only occur if something important needs to be done or if something dramatic happens that the only way to fix it is a reset.

Thats my thoughts!!!! :cool:

Coeurlion

Coeurlion

• 349 posts
I just started 2 week ago and im doin great. I enjoy the fact i have to sneek in the back yard of Larger companies who've been there since the start.
I personaly think this bug is minor and a reset should be done when an updated version of the game is ready. Im just dying to see the next revision.

My vote is NO unless a new revision release. Thank you for listening to my opinion.

cufcskim

cufcskim

• 21 posts
NO TO RESET

Pointless. Prices will naturally return to their "previous" levels within a day or two as people tweak their routes back to better profitiblity.
Infact, alot of routes are already pretty much back to pre $160 screw up values.

There be a spooky alignment with those calling for a reset and those complaining about "too much competion".

At this stage the simulation is finally nearing the real world hard and cut throat environment of the real industry. Which is the simulation's stated purpose.

A reset would make the simulation far too easy once more and therefore boring.

Those complaining about too much competion need to seriously consider their strategies and change the way they play.
Those moaning about lack of uncongested routes, need to look a little further than their local area or usual real world suspects, there are routes out there with zero airlines operating on them.

Those moaning about competion, need to re-evaluate the reason they partake in a business simulation if they expect an easy ride.

Reset for major improvements - personally I'd try to avoid this too. Where possible the "upgrades" should ideally be incorporated without reset where possible. As reset action pretty much buggers the simulation right up for another few months (realtime).

I'd love to hear what would come from the mouths of the world's airlines CEO's if everytime there was a new airline or new regulation came into force they all had to start from scratch.

No to reset

Sargas

Sargas

• 66 posts
there is no need for a reset at the moment.

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
No one in EL PASO has changed their flights some of which airlines have made the theory of fixing your prices, tried that my profits decreased by $475,000.

I would put my 2 cents in and say YES to reset even though i'm doing fairly well... just wish those El Paso airlines would hurry up:(

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
okay, this has gone far enugh ;) we all decided no and for good reasons such as:

1) Not needed, everyone had the same problem happen to them
2) Reset will only be needed when and only when miller adds new features to the game.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
Although I took nearly a $300k hit in profits, a reset is not nescicary. Im just waiting for one person to reset his ticket prices on a long haul route that should not have $160 tickets. COUGH! (Pacific) Cough!

mma

mma

• 425 posts
This $160 Bug assists all this top group, so no-wounder they have LARGE ;):):P:):D

Rank Airline
Info
1 Venture Airways $16,124,100,639
2 Rubber Chicken Transport $14,045,010,726
3 Western $8,439,701,485
4 Evergreen Airways $7,307,921,432
5 Australis Airlines $7,201,851,747
6 BlueSky International $5,211,104,809
7 RGB Airlines $4,983,935,026
8 Bluewings Airways $4,397,468,533

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by mma
This $160 Bug assists all this top group, so no-wounder they have LARGE :P:):D:):)

Rank Airline
Info
1 Venture Airways $16,124,100,639
2 Rubber Chicken Transport $14,045,010,726
3 Western $8,439,701,485
4 Evergreen Airways $7,307,921,432
5 Australis Airlines $7,201,851,747
6 BlueSky International $5,211,104,809
7 RGB Airlines $4,983,935,026
8 Bluewings Airways $4,397,468,533

A) I lost money on the $160 bug.
;) My hand hurts from using the mouse to change prices. That is not assisting me.
C) Occasionally the game ranks me at number 2, but that is not right. I am correctly ranked somewhere between number 10 and 15. Hit the refresh button to see my rank change quickly from number 2.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I know what you mean. Occasionally I will look at the ranking and I see I'm in 16th, yet on my main page is listed as 23rd. It will jump back and forth like that occasionally and there's no way you could change that many places in less then 30 seconds.

No to a reset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users