- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Why have stuff like that. I mean we should have 2 sims 1980-2015 each the game would just go quickly

I think you've played long enough to realize that going 35 years game time is a bad idea. :eyebrow:

and we would need to run it at 4 months / real life day. Most people can't keep up with that for months at a time.

and having 2 of each type of world helps relieve the overcrowding.

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
I agree with sviridovt we should have 2 sims in the 1980-2015 range but i think why we have 4 sims being developed is to accommodate those from Sim 1 and Sim 2 joining in as well?

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
That would be entirely impossible look on past AE games a game lasting longer than three months looks like a barren battlefield theres about 4 active airlines and no routes what so ever to make a profit on so i think what yuxi says is best ;)

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

I think you've played long enough to realize that going 35 years game time is a bad idea. :eyebrow:

and we would need to run it at 4 months / real life day. Most people can't keep up with that for months at a time.

and having 2 of each type of world helps relieve the overcrowding.

no I am not asking to have sim go quickly, I am asking to have it go normal speed (1 day/30 min), I think it should be an option of weather or not you want to play for 35 years or not

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

no I am not asking to have sim go quickly, I am asking to have it go normal speed (1 day/30 min), I think it should be an option of weather or not you want to play for 35 years or not

Yes but thats what im trying to tell you AE dosent work if its lasting 35 years it cant to much saturation to little profit and eventually a minimal list of active mebers forcing a premature reset

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

Yes but thats what im trying to tell you AE dosent work if its lasting 35 years it cant to much saturation to little profit and eventually a minimal list of active mebers forcing a premature reset

maybe you are right but there are also new members coming so you wont have to reset it

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Trust me, it won't work.

I personally would love a game of that time length, but then I know most other users would get bored, which would lead to an entire melt down of the game, not to mention the bad rep AE would get.

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

Trust me, it won't work.

I personally would love a game of that time length, but then I know most other users would get bored, which would lead to an entire melt down of the game, not to mention the bad rep AE would get.

Okay, then perhaps having that as an option:
AE1= same as planned
AE2= same as planned
AE3= free world 1980-2015
AE4=same as AE3 planned
AE5= same as AE4 planned
AE6=realistic world 1980-2015

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
Ok forget about my last point. Thats way to many game worlds sviridovt. I will admit that i've gotten a little bored and ive stopped playing for the last week (mainly due to relaunch) so i guess Yuxi plan is best.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
When we have sustainable economics in the game (that don't cause the top airlines to have effectively unlimited cash), I would very much like to maintain a "long term" server that goes for 30-40 years. Unfortunately, we're not there yet. After 15 years or so the gameplay goes out of balance and most people lose interest. :/

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
I think we need a longer game then 15 years because 15 years does not give enough time to allow fleet upgrades and long term gorwth. I played Sim2 Beta or Sim2 for nearly 25 game years only at that point did it get to the point of saturation and mass no use. Also to stop mass saturation on routes a tax should be imposed on some airlines who fly massive milage or fly excess number of pax.

eu30cUI.png

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

I think we need a longer game then 15 years because 15 years does not give enough time to allow fleet upgrades and long term gorwth. I played Sim2 Beta or Sim2 for nearly 25 game years only at that point did it get to the point of saturation and mass no use. Also to stop mass saturation on routes a tax should be imposed on some airlines who fly massive milage or fly excess number of pax.

I like that idea

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
i agree but isnt that what the income tax was for before it started going crazy??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users