travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Hi folks,

will bring in a system message soon.

For clarification: The one-way restriction is based on a single aircraft, so you can put several aircrafts on the same route as one-way. There was a bug preventing this, I fixed this today.

(This you say is a single aircraft, well thats the biggest problem, if I can explain, if you take LHR - HND, the way it is right now, any-player the way you say it, (If I read it RIGHT) is that I can purchase 20 x A330-300 and make 20 ONE-WAY routes, well thats what we are trying to stop, and the simple reason is: If you place 5 x LRH/HND up, your Ticket price goes UP not down and its hard for any new player to enter a route.)

To prevent further cheating with multiple aircraft instead of one I will introduce a "connected flight system" soon. So right know the following is possible but not allowed:

- Create a one way FRA-TXL
- Create a one way TXL - MUC
- Create a flight (one way doens't matter) MUC-ZRH
- Remove the TXL - MUC flight

Now there is no connection between TXL and MUC, but the system accepts it without an y cost right now. This could lead into one-way cheating.

(OK this I understand, but let's take a longer range trip, on one ways, the issue is if you start out in Example LHR, wouldnt you have to finish in LHR, as right now, you can make a few travel more distanct on the one-way system, like start in LHR and end up in Mexico in a 2000 NM aircraft. By just making it island hop one-way.)

The new "connected system" introduced soon will prevent this - if you delete a flight that connects other flight, the aircraft will be grounded until a connection is established again :D

(Now this is your best news today :D )

Just to say it again: Deleting a "connecting" flight is against the rules, but is tolerated by the system.

Tobias, my views and comments in RED......but if you want to take this game down a track where you only need to buy 10 airports and a terminal in each, then thats whats happening, If you look at past issues, and on Millers old system, the mass of one-ways is what pulled the server down, I will be happy to prove a point, as I can BUY 50 x A380's and Mass on just 5 routes and throw away all my other 1,000 routes I have now as I can make double my $50M DOP that I have now on those terminals if I mass on them and shut the other players out.:thumbdown:

Please re-think this??????

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
I have a question... I find that I can do massive one-way trips with ONE aircraft from ONE city, but that's almost impossible in real life...
for eg:

LHR-CDG
LHR-BCN
LHR-MAD
LHR-FRA

how is that possible to do in one day if they are all one-way routes?

sheldon

sheldon

• 20 posts
wow, it' getting so complicated...
But maybe this is exactly why I got confused
I'm waiting for a 'clear' decision regarding this rule.

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

I have a question... I find that I can do massive one-way trips with ONE aircraft from ONE city, but that's almost impossible in real life...
for eg:

LHR-CDG
LHR-BCN
LHR-MAD
LHR-FRA

They are still working on this bug. But as of now, it is all on honesty. It is nice when people post this so they know how to fix it. I have noticed that on the beta test that I run the routes until they get fixed. that way they can use yourself as an example. However, not notifying the developers or this problem can/will get people kicked off of AE. I am glad people are coming forward.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

for eg:

LHR-CDG
LHR-BCN
LHR-MAD
LHR-FRA

That's nothing, I have a148's on about 25 one way routes :sdrool: not realistic I know but it is how it is.

I thought this might be an easy fix i.e make a check to see if an aircraft is already running a one way trip when a route is created but obviously I am wrong :puzzled:

But we will see what Elchie decides. If multiple one ways are allowed I will close alot of my routes and put 20 or 30 one ways on all the major routes. See how how long before a reset is needed ;-)
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

But we will see what Elchie decides. If multiple one ways are allowed I will close alot of my routes and put 20 or 30 one ways on all the major routes. See how how long before a reset is needed ;-)

May do that starting this weekend, just to prove that it will screw up the game for a lot of players, well its Beta (Means Testing)

But will wait till Tobias comments 1st...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Here i got a better suggestion:

Lets delete one-ways from the game!!!

Now that would solve all the issues we currently got and make people develop real networks.

But considering my ideas never get through to the devs nor to they realise the potential (like the daily scheduler), i just sit and watch at the current mess...

If the devs think one plane flying 25 one-ways from a main hub sounds real, they need to get out more. my 2 cents.

Btw, for the devs, i got msn... im also available to chat about ideas. :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Yea well. Let's wait to see what Elchie decides to do he is after all responsible for implementing idea's.

But rest assured that if multiple one ways on the same route are allowed the game will need resetting withing a week ;-)
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
The more I think the more confusing this whole (One-Way) saga is, Maestro suggested let's scrap the (One-Way), sure there will be some for it and against, this manager of our airline is for Maestros idea, but then you cant fly over 4,600NM return, so that limits the game.

Then again how can you be 1/2 a manager of your airline, if you set off in a TU-204 in Europe and make it go from London UK to the border of USA/Mexico.

How do you get that aircraft back to home?

Oh, right, it is Russian, so let's leave it in Mexico:p

I am sure the crew would love to jump into a flight and they know that it will not return, bet you get lot's of airline crew would just love that idea.

My 2-cents on this and one we have not thought of yet, is:

You start your airline in LHR, you grow with (Return Flights ONLY) around your HUB.

Then as time progresses, like 12-mths you build a second / third hub, this time in Asia / USA / Australia, then you are able to fly any aircraft from starting hub, to your far away hub (One-Way) and from that hub with the remaining hours you are able to do returns.

Just a suggestion....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
What about a forced limit of 2x (two) one-way route allowed per aircraft? While this is not 100% realistic, it does solve a lot of the problems and will buy the developers time.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

What about a forced limit of 2x (two) one-way route allowed per aircraft? While this is not 100% realistic, it does solve a lot of the problems and will buy the developers time.

That is a good idea as it enables the Aircraft to come back but it should be that if you open LHR-PEK one way than the second one way for that aircraft must be PEK-LHR

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Yea, any more idea's so we can confuse the situation more?

Sorry, I don't see the point in allowing 2 one way's , why not 3 why not 4 hell why not allow them altogether , nah, let's not allow them at all ...

pfffffffff, sorry but this was a real simple solution that has totally got out of hand.

I for one don't really care anymore. I'll see what happens and act accordingly.

Have fun with the one way saga!
Posted Image

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Discard

Didn't realise the main issue was about the server crashing.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Yea, any more idea's so we can confuse the situation more?

Sorry, I don't see the point in allowing 2 one way's , why not 3 why not 4 hell why not allow them altogether , nah, let's not allow them at all ...

pfffffffff, sorry but this was a real simple solution that has totally got out of hand.

I for one don't really care anymore. I'll see what happens and act accordingly.

Have fun with the one way saga!

And you give out to me for being negative and rejecting ideas that wont help a situation?
Your a moderator Glennos your supposed to help in a situation not get pissed off if it dosent swing your way pacific made a simple suggestion and you blow it all out of proportion and have a hissy fit? and now i suppose your going to delete this post because you can? this idea that pacific suggested solved the problem of trying to get your aircraft back

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
He is only a mod on the bug part of the forums im afraid.

Like me, he has been here for a while and wants some real efforts, not half-baked solutions... its like instead of going for an operation, you just put band-aids thinking the problem will go away :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
i know but we are trying to implement a suggestion that allows one one way routes but have you ever noticed that when you open a one way route for example LHR-DUB that when you open a return route DUB-LHR it is listed that you already have a one way route on this route the LHR-DUB one so im finding it hard to understand how we are going to get our aircraft back to heathrow if we can only open one one way route
i hope this makes sense:p

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
There will be an upcoming connected flight system, rules:

• One specific aircraft can only start one one-way trip out of a specific airport
  • All flights must be connected together

The first case will be prevented by the route-creation-page automatically, in the second case the aircraft will be grounded until all flights are connected again.

Few examples.

Rule 1 - valid:

• Roundtrip LHR - FRA - LHR
  • One-way LHR - DUB
  • Roundtrip FRA - MUC

Rule 1 - invalid constellation (will be prevented by the system, if current flights breaking the rule, the aircraft will be grounded):

• Roundtrip LHR - FRA - LHR
  • One-way LHR - DUB
  • One-way LHR - GLA

Only one one-way out of LHR is allowed.

Rule 2 valid:

• Roundtrip LHR - FRA
  • Roundtrip FRA - ZRH
  • One-Way ZRH - MXP
  • One-Way MXP - FCO

Note: On every second day the one-ways will be reverted, so the a/c flights first back from FCO to MXP, then from MXP to ZRH and then it will go on the round trips - so two one-ways are not a problem.

Rule 2 - invalid:

• Roundtrip LHR - FRA
  • One-Way ZRH - MXP
  • One-Way MXP - FCO

There is no connection between FRA and ZRH, when creating routes in a batch you can not generate such a pattern. But in the current mode you can create a network as in the valid example and thereafter delete the FRA-ZRH flight and you get the network mentioned in the invalid example, but the aircraft is still working.

In the new mode: When deleting a flight and getting a "not connected" network for an aircraft, the aircraft will be grounded and generates no profit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

And you give out to me for being negative and rejecting ideas that wont help a situation?
Your a moderator Glennos your supposed to help in a situation not get pissed off if it dosent swing your way pacific made a simple suggestion and you blow it all out of proportion and have a hissy fit? and now i suppose your going to delete this post because you can? this idea that pacific suggested solved the problem of trying to get your aircraft back

Still, like Glenn said, this game needs direction, now its up to Developers to stop the bitching and find a solution, there are issues sure, the LF / One Ways and Gates, solve those 3 and we have a game on our hands.

However, Rome was not built in a day, took 2 :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

So Mr Conner, I'm a moderator , so what. I'm entitled to my opinion or not? I was playing this game when you were still in nappies!

The original suggestion for one way was good and worked fine. And I would like to add that alot of these suggestions are made by me in any case , I don't have to make them. I wont delete your posts, most of them don't make sense anyway so...

If you want to personally attack someone do it in a private message and not on the boards thank you very much!!!!
Posted Image

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

how we are going to get our aircraft back to heathrow if we can only open one one way route

Off-topic but answers your question.

We schedule aircraft on a 24 hour basis (which we can use 22 hours of), so we can assume that the aircraft does a layover in Dubai at the end of the 24 hours, and does a one-way back to Heathrow the first thing the next day.

In essence, the aircraft alternately overnights at Dubai and Heathrow.

@Elchie

Excellent solution there in terms of realism. I hope it is implemented ASAP. Now, the problem is the server crashes which I heard is due to too many aircraft on a single route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users