Photo

Question on Oneway restriction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

sheldon

sheldon

• 20 posts
Hello, since the thread on the bug is already closed, and this is not the exactly a "bug" matter but a question, I'll post it here. If this is the wrong place, please let me know.

The rule says "Only one one-way flight between two airports (in any direction) is allowed per aircraft.", so does it mean I can put two or more aircrafts on the same one-way flight? (can I put, say, both A330-200 and A319-100 on the same one-way route?) As long as the one-way routes is not operated by the same aircraft, it is OK, right?

I'm confused about this. Since I was really not sure on this rule, I closed some one-way flights operated by different aircraft just in case to avoid me from being kicked out of AE.

The other question is if I have one-way flight, can I put the same aircraft on the same route as a round-way flight?

Since I'm really confused, I would like to make this matter clear. If someone help me out by answering these, I really appreciate it.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
No that is not okay.

You can only have one one way per route irrespective of aircraft type.

If you want a return journey make it a return. You cannot have two one way flights!
Posted Image

sheldon

sheldon

• 20 posts

No that is not okay.

You can only have one one way per route irrespective of aircraft type.

If you want a return journey make it a return. You cannot have two one way flights!

Thank you for the quick reply!!

So more than one flights between LHR-HND is not allowed any more!

Anyway, I could make 2 one-way flights on the same route with different aircraft through the route suggestion page before. (I've already closed the rule-breaking flights though)

Thank you for your help Glennos!

I hope I am not breaking the rule lol

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

Anyway, I could make 2 one-way flights on the same route with different aircraft through the route suggestion page before. (I've already closed the rule-breaking flights though)

I understand your issue with the long haul flights because the a/c are not able to make those trips round trip because of lack of hours. I guess you will just have to get a plane with more seats. Can you say A380 :eureka:

sheldon

sheldon

• 20 posts

I understand your issue with the long haul flights because the a/c are not able to make those trips round trip because of lack of hours. I guess you will just have to get a plane with more seats. Can you say A380 :eureka:

Absolutely! So that's the only way to survive, I guess.

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts

Absolutely! So that's the only way to survive, I guess.

Well if that is your only route...I have to say yes that is the only way to survive. If you have other routes that make good money, Fly as many round trip legs as you want. :D
The new LF script that we have been testing solves that issue. It's done by weekly hours not daily. But it still is a work in progress.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Yes , I can imagine this being an honest mistake or unknowingly taking advantage of a bug but this would not be possible with longhaul flights as the aircraft would not have enough hours to complete a return journey which the " Auto suggest route" looks at.

It is people who knowingly circumvent the rules that need to be looked into. In fact some airlines have already been deleted because of this.

If I come across anymore I will report them simple as that an I hope that others will too as it needs to be fair for everyone.
Posted Image

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts

Yes , I can imagine this being an honest mistake or unknowingly taking advantage of a bug but this would not be possible with longhaul flights as the aircraft would not have enough hours to complete a return journey which the " Auto suggest route" looks at.

It is people who knowingly circumvent the rules that need to be looked into. In fact some airlines have already been deleted because of this.

If I come across anymore I will report them simple as that an I hope that others will too as it needs to be fair for everyone.

Maybe we should have Elchie send a friendly reminder to everyone via the in-game mail. Just in case some people have something besides the main page come up after login. example: A/C, Gates, Routes, etc. This way we don't have a few people saying that they never got the message or noticed it on the main page :WithStupid:. :D They will soon, when they get kicked off. :sdrool:

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Hello, since the thread on the bug is already closed, and this is not the exactly a "bug" matter but a question, I'll post it here. If this is the wrong place, please let me know.

(Bug Yes, its is known to a few programmers/hackers/Game players not just AE but others, so by comming forth is best than hiding behind the screen)

The rule says "Only one one-way flight between two airports (in any direction) is allowed per aircraft.", so does it mean I can put two or more aircrafts on the same one-way flight? (can I put, say, both A330-200 and A319-100 on the same one-way route?) As long as the one-way routes is not operated by the same aircraft, it is OK, right?

(Tobias was not 100% clear on what the rule is, thoe rule or no rule, if you take advantage on a BUG thats known in International terms are un-fair advantage, you are right in being a little confused, even I read it and was not sure, but in interest of fair game play, let's all play Fair and Square,

(Tobias will I hope make the RULE more clear for others confused...:puzzled:)

I'm confused about this. Since I was really not sure on this rule, I closed some one-way flights operated by different aircraft just in case to avoid me from being kicked out of AE.

The other question is if I have one-way flight, can I put the same aircraft on the same route as a round-way flight?

(One only ONE-Way and as many you like return.)

Since I'm really confused, I would like to make this matter clear. If someone help me out by answering these, I really appreciate it.

Good to see you announce this in the forum, sure not all read the forum, but I hope Tobias will so an in-game system message to all players so they know about this, as they make log in one day soon to find out they cant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

criver

criver

• 12 posts
Just reading all the stuff about one ways and such. My bad, I got mixed up and thot it was only one one-way per airplane per city pair. I'll look after it as soon as I can. There was some talk that this can only be done by hacking or opening multiple windows, that isn't the case. If using the route suggestions on specific airplanes that sometimes says something there aboutmultiple one-ways but if using the open routes page and picking cities out of the drop down menu you can create one-ways till the cows some home and there is no warnings at all. I don't know if I'll find all my multiple one-ways so if you find one send me a message.

Another question on long haul routes where a plane can't do a return in a day are multiple one-ways possible there?

Bad Dog Airlines

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Just reading all the stuff about one ways and such. My bad, I got mixed up and thot it was only one one-way per airplane per city pair. I'll look after it as soon as I can. There was some talk that this can only be done by hacking or opening multiple windows, that isn't the case. If using the route suggestions on specific airplanes that sometimes says something there aboutmultiple one-ways but if using the open routes page and picking cities out of the drop down menu you can create one-ways till the cows some home and there is no warnings at all. I don't know if I'll find all my multiple one-ways so if you find one send me a message.

Another question on long haul routes where a plane can't do a return in a day are multiple one-ways possible there?

Bad Dog Airlines

No, like I mentioned earlier in this thread. Only one one way per route irrespective of aircraft type. The extra hours you have left over you can fill up doing a return or one way to another destination.

Until we have frequencies instead of slots this is the only way.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
so just to simplify this down (and to make sure i understand :D)
Each player may only have 1 One way route on a specific route (for example DUB-ORK) regardless of fleet?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

so just to simplify this down (and to make sure i understand :D)
Each player may only have 1 One way route on a specific route (for example DUB-ORK) regardless of fleet?

Yes, I thought I was being clear. How much easier can you describe one one way flight per route?

I have now explained it about 5 times and for the life of me I can't understand what is so difficult about it.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Just trying to clear it up for myself so i wont have to ask over and over glennos
(btw i just got what your picture means brilliant :L)

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Yes, I thought I was being clear. How much easier can you describe one one way flight per route?

I have now explained it about 5 times and for the life of me I can't understand what is so difficult about it.

Ahhh, I get it, one one one in other words, two many ones. You got the lot confused.... :D

One + One = 11 that may be what some teachers are pushing at learning establishments now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Ahhh, I get it, one one one in other words, two many ones. You got the lot confused.... :D

One + One = 11 that may be what some teachers are pushing at learning establishments now.

Well I mean one:

English one
Spanish uno
French un
Portuguese um
Italian uno
Lithuanian víenas
Polish jeden
Afrikaans een
Dutch een
Scots ane
Danish én
Farsi yak
Kashmiri akh

Any other languages look them up yourselves but you get what I mean hopefully otherwise I'd say go play Warcraft or something this is too involved for you :D
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Irish = Amhain
:D

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I'd say go play Warcraft or something this is too involved for you :D

Oh, warcraft, thought thats what AE is :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hi folks,

will bring in a system message soon.

For clarification: The one-way restriction is based on a single aircraft, so you can put several aircrafts on the same route as one-way. There was a bug preventing this, I fixed this today.

To prevent further cheating with multiple aircraft instead of one I will introduce a "connected flight system" soon. So right know the following is possible but not allowed:

- Create a one way FRA-TXL
- Create a one way TXL - MUC
- Create a flight (one way doens't matter) MUC-ZRH
- Remove the TXL - MUC flight

Now there is no connection between TXL and MUC, but the system accepts it without an y cost right now. This could lead into one-way cheating.

The new "connected system" introduced soon will prevent this - if you delete a flight that connects other flight, the aircraft will be grounded until a connection is established again :D

Just to say it again: Deleting a "connecting" flight is against the rules, but is tolerated by the system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Erm Tobias,

Now you confused me , LOL :sdrool: :D

For clarification: The one-way restriction is based on a single aircraft, so you can put several aircrafts on the same route as one-way. There was a bug preventing this, I fixed this today.

That is exactly what we have been fighting against?

The way I see it you can have multiple one ways with the same aircarft but NOT on the route, check?

Also you cannot put another aircraft on a route as a one way if there already is an aircraft on there running a one way trip.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users