• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

No more Msql errors but its back to $0 returns when you set up a route, thoe it shows you have a nice DOP before setting it.... :)

Yea same here. Reminds me of work. The developers fix one thing and something else breaks :)
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Yea same here. Reminds me of work. The developers fix one thing and something else breaks :)

Well just on my way out for the day thought would try again see if any issues and BINGO

I got this just now

SQL/DB Error -- [MySQL server has gone away]

Warning: Division by zero in /home/airlinee/public_html/sim2/global_funcs.php on line 346

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/airlinee/public_html/sim2/include/stats_class.php on line 97

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu

Thats the deal :)

I have integrated the asynchronous route server now. What does this mean?

Whenever you create/update/close a route, a request will be sent to the second server (this one with the database :) ) to update all flights on this route. This request is just stored within a queue. On every update/create/close for now just your route will be updated.

Every 10 minutes the second server will check its queue and process it (later I will change the interval down to 5 minutes). At this time all flights will be recalculated.

The route server is somehow optimized. In the current situation (flight there updated on every request - that caused abnormal delays): Two users updated LHR-CDG and vice versa at the nearly same time. Both users "requested" the server to recalculate all revenues/loads on these routes.

Due to the interval the route server will check if there are "double" requests and will reprice these routes just once. Should be more effective.

Due to this split there are several known issues:

• Update of routes takes up to 10 minutes
  • Sometimes you get another load factor after update than shown on the update route/create route page - with the next route servers recalculation this wrong value will be corrected, check the route again after 10 minutes.

These issues are known and wont be corrected, just having in mind the work on a new lf-script is in progress - so I don't want to make excessive changes to the old script.

Please, just report other issues than the ones mentioned above (eg if you still get wrong load factor values after 15 minutes or more).

Later/tomorrow I will move two other bottle necks to the secondary server: The scripts for daily and monthly change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
I think something changed to the manualy pricing of routes. Say I put in a price of say 500 and it tels me that I will have a full plane but 15 min later the route overview says 19% loadfactor ??

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Elchie,

It just is not working how you describe?

A330-200LHR-HEL1146.981$361.000%$-110,906.00
That route has been like it for 12 hours? No matter what I do I can't get a profit out of it , manually or with auto pricing. And I have many more routes like that. It has cost me 6 M DOP so far.

Why can't the game start already? Used planes are showing up all over the place and all that is happening is your DOP is dropping and you are not earning anything!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Elchie,

It just is not working how you describe?

A330-200LHR-HEL1146.981$361.000%$-110,906.00

Used planes are showing up all over the place

Yep, i am in the same boat, setup a few routes but $0.00 movement if the game is paused, then how are used aircraft popping up?

Understand you have issues moving servers, but place a stop to the used aircraft market till we go back online.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I got the 0% LF and neg profit on new routes, but within minutes it corrected itself so that seems to be working. All my routes are profitable (altough Piedmont is a smaller; but growing, airline). I did not recieve error messages this time and the speed seems fine (maybe 10-30 seconds to create a route).

The only problem is that the market share information is missing again. This is really important to me. The map on the airport/city page is redundant (you can read the chart to see what cities are served); but the market share information has no alternative to look it up.

How about either: a) make it a chart form as well (get rid of the pie graph and just have the airlines and % numbers) :) make a link to click onto that leads to a separate page with the market share info. or c) if there is some way to do a personal preferences/options page let the individual enable/disable it. Just a few ideas...
thanks
Piedmont Airlines

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Well then it works for some and not for others.

I say ditch the game completely. Get a good working game going (have some people do beta testing) and we all can come back after the summer and enjoy AE!

It's pointless carrying on like this.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Some people might not come back

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Some people might not come back

So? The people who care about the game will. Other online games have gone offline for a while for major updates and people have come back!

The people who don't come back we don't need is what I say.

Or would you like to carry on playing a game that is not playable?
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Well then it works for some and not for others.

I say ditch the game completely. Get a good working game going (have some people do beta testing) and we all can come back after the summer and enjoy AE!

It's pointless carrying on like this.

Glennos, relax, take a rest for just a little, (Hint Is) Tobias has just done a deal, he is working FLAT OUT to get the Sim2 game moved to another more powerful server, he will announce some changes very soon........:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Glennos, relax, take a rest for just a little, (Hint Is) Tobias has just done a deal, he is working FLAT OUT to get the Sim2 game moved to another more powerful server, he will announce some changes very soon........:)

So what? a powerful server isnt going to solve the issues of this game. Honestly, good to know but nothing i didnt mentioned earlier this week, by saying that if we needed to raise some money, that i would and others would contribute to it.

Please, i rather see sim2 go into hiatus, get redone from SCRATCH and get a beta-team setup and test it once it was ready to test and riddle the bugs out of the game, before bringing it back online!!! Thats something i agree with Glennos...

if you need me to help with beta testing, you know who to call...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

So what? a powerful server isnt going to solve the issues of this game. Honestly, good to know but nothing i didnt mentioned earlier this week, by saying that if we needed to raise some money, that i would and others would contribute to it.

Please, i rather see sim2 go into hiatus, get redone from SCRATCH and get a beta-team setup and test it once it was ready to test and riddle the bugs out of the game, before bringing it back online!!! Thats something i agree with Glennos...

if you need me to help with beta testing, you know who to call...

No one is saying we all didnt read your comments, and only Tobias can comment on whats in store for us all.

My post to Glennos was to say, RELAX - wait till Tobias returns from a very long on the job night and see whts the next stage is......

But in your reply, sure, we cant go on like this, we will lose more players, and AE will be labled as a JOKE.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Good morning folks,

just few news: Got the ok from miller, the sim2 will move to a cloud-based server. I will also take over the ads, so the financial part should be no problem (I am able to check this in one month, when the server bill and the ad-revenues are coming in :) ).

Tomorrow the game will also move to this server, have to test some things before. David is already working on the new load factor script, which will include another way of calculation (a very interesting approach :) ) and class-layouts for your aircrafts.

Right know we have two load factor scripts: One running on the route server doing the asynchronous calculations and one on the game server doing the just-in-time-calculation for the route-update of your own route. This will be merged together again, so the problem with the wrong numbers should disappear shortly.

In the upcoming weeks my job will be checking the code and doing some hardening to remove some bugs some players used so far. I am going to also to integrate some small features for payed users - no panic: This features are not money-related, so they won't falsify the game too much. I'm thinking about a monthly price of $1 to max. $5 with the following features in start:

- No ads
- Route suggestions feature will be available for aircrafts with more than 5 available hours too
- Get a notification via eMail if a specified aircraft type is available on the used market (just a message, there will be no automatic buy-feature)
- Find profitable routes depending on an selected aircraft and departure airport
- Watch airports for gates getting available and receive a notification via eMail (so you have not to build a terminal on a big airport if you just want a gate - also here: You will just get a notifcation, the system won't rent the gate for you!)

For the future, the game will become more flexible/dynamic. So I'm thinking about shares, bonds, a variable kerosine price (this results in variable profits). We will also get the alliances running, so you will get connecting traffic from your alliance partners.

Many things to do - the game will become more interesting and it will be another game in few months (so it's nearly equal to a new game build from the scratch). For all this I will set up also a testing server, so a beta team can test the features before they will go live.

Just my two cents,

Tobias
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Good news Elchie!

It will be good to get some new features after playing the game for so long :)
Posted Image

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
it sounds great

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I like the new "Settings" Tobias :)
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
I like the new features for paying playing... doesn't give them too much of an edge... just a convenience :)

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Yea Its great.. it should run so much better, and be a better game. wich is always good.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Hi folks,

an update for the "whats up next":

Tomorrow we will change the target ftp server for the subversion-revision-management system, this will transfer all checked in files to the new server. For this, it's neccessary that the game will be offline for about an hour in the afternoon (expect something like 13:00/14:00 GMT). The user-images (airline-logos) have to be transferred manually - so don't panic if your logo don't show up - it will take some time to get all the stuff together :)

The reactivation is scheduled for 21:30 GMT - then the game time will run again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users