• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
There is parts of the day that are OK, and even right now, I can log in, sure, but try to open up a route and its impossible.

Dont wish to hark on this, but if you cant make / adjust or look at a route, whats the reason???

Too many routes established?

Or is it just my connection here in UK...Load of Crap?:thumbdown:

Who else is finding it impossible to play?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
No it's too slow. I have that in the evenings and also now during the day. Yesterday I had about an hour where I could add routes and today I still had loads of planes to put on routes. I

Can we get rid of the maps again or improve something?

My connections times out before I can get to the rankings page or aircraft page that's without even trying to setup routes.

In the evenings I don't even bother anymore setting up routes I usually wait till the next morning.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Well, good to hear thats its not my internet, ok, Elchie and David !!!! How can we make this playable?

It seems a shame for ALL your conbined efforts to fix bugs, make inprovements are just being flushed away if players cant log-in and play the game.

Understand that Courtney rebooted the server, this assisted but it looks like with so many routes established its just a 4X4 stuck in MUD!

The google.leads and doubleclick take forever to load this too is making it hard, understand that Miller needs advertising to make server and game payments, but cant we disable them on the routes pages, keep them all other places.

just my 2p worth.....:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I removed the airport market charts again, let's see if that helps.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I removed the airport market charts again, let's see if that helps.

Nope, I can log into account NP, then you hit say routes and it hangs there.

Guess it is just a one players game right now, 1st in gets it all and shuts the door on all others. :thumbdown:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Yea, just not playable at all. I pity people who still have to order stuff because they are not going to be able to do that if it keeps like this.
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I guess it's just me and travelhouse having problems then because no body else bothers to mention it yet when people did not get their planes the other day they were swarming all over the bugs forum!

Is it known what the problem is or do I just give up and come back in a few months when all is well?
Posted Image

appel

appel

• 6 posts
The unreliable website is really killing the gameplay at the moment. We have seen this before, and I believe that a lot of calls to the SQL server could be saved - thus giving us a higher degree of reliability (and fun!).

For example - when I create a new route (or alter an existing) I see all of the following informations:

-Average load factor for the route (probably calculated on the fly - but it could also be taken directly from the database)
-Each and every airline on the particular route with information on A/C type, #seats, return/oneway and ticket price.

This could be changed to:
- Total number of return seats per day
- Total number of one-way seats per day
- Average price per seat
- A link to a "Detailed information" page, containing the data we currently see. 9 out of 10 times, I don't need to view this information after all.

I don't know HOW the calls to the database are made, but taking it from the error messages I get (MySQL down, gone away, etc.) I reckon it's a matter of too many advanced calls to the database server. So minimizing the number of calls could possibly help. Not only on this page, but on every page in the game.

This is just my suggestion, as I would definitely prefer speed over vast amounts of information.

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
My connection isn't that bad I have had worst reloading times for AE only route creation takes a long time. Only at night it gets extremely slow (I live in Belgium). I added an extra 25 routes.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Well today I have managed to setup about 10 routes :cry: and it does not matter where I am, at home, at work or using a Terminal Server based in Boston.
Posted Image

markiemark

markiemark

TWISTER AIRLINES

• 54 posts
Unfortunatly I have the same problem. Because of my work I am only able to do my routes between 1800 en 2000 lt netherlands. Yesterday I still managed partly, but today, no chance untill now. Seems the server is getting slow because of all the new add ins, that I for sure like of course.

appel

appel

• 6 posts
Yes, it's obvious that some pages are more vulnerable to this problem than others - for example the route pages... I have HIGH hopes that all of this is being dealt with by the developers - pleeeease! It's killing the game right now.

/appel
Alpha Express (sim2)

East Texas Airways

East Texas Airways

• 14 posts
Its a hit and miss for me. Yesterday I was unable to do anything, like Janice and Glennos. I logged in and went to check routes and nothing happened.

Today, I was able to order a few planes and create 3 routes, but on the 3rd route I had to cancel the route to get a larger plane on it and it timed out on me. Then when I logged back in and updated that route, it timed out on me again.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Yeah, we have an idea about the reason(s) - but its not easy to track this down within a local environment. One developer can't simulate about 100 users or so in simultaneous access :)

But I will try my very best for some debugging.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Yeah, we have an idea about the reason(s) - but its not easy to track this down within a local environment. One developer can't simulate about 100 users or so in simultaneous access :)

But I will try my very best for some debugging.

Well were I work we make servers for iSeries and zSeries machines and we have our own software for simulating clients. We can run a program that will simulate 1000 clients at a time. I think there are packages to test HTML websites etc . Maybe that would be useful to test with.
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I can't even login now.

It's like what Travelhouse said. All your work and these good developments go to waste when the game is not playable.

It's just not worth the irritation of it all to be honest.
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Also thinking about to split up the game server into two server. One is doing the interface, another the background tasks. For example when updating routes, the user's route will be updated immediatly, then the server will send a request like "update all routes cdg-lhr" to the second server. This second server will put this request in a queue and will do this step by step.

The second server has the possibility to merge equal requests, it will take some time, but I think it will work. I have a server running that doesn't do very much - so this would be an option. I have to discuss this with Miller.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Yea, I think the server just can't handle the traffic. Maybe the SQL part can be on another server? I say pause the game until something can be done.

Having said that the Sim 1 works very fast. It must be the autopricing that is causing all this?
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I dont think the games working Ive dropped down to position 71 without loosing airline value and glennos has been knocked off the top by fly dixie who jus gained over 30billion in value and its stuck on day 24

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I dont think the games working Ive dropped down to position 71 without loosing airline value and glennos has been knocked off the top by fly dixie who jus gained over 30billion in value and its stuck on day 24

That's because it's still updating the rankings :) I think it needs taking down to fix but I said that a few times already. It's just not playable!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users