AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I have added the following aircraft into the game:

Antonov An-148
Tupolev Tu-334
Tu-204
Tu-154

All are "in production" and can be ordered directly from their respective manufacturers.

Thanks to Conor for researching most of the data. :)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
THats great news, perhaps add one of these to the starting aircraft list;)

Ghost

Ghost

• 4 posts
Are you sure the crz speed is the right one for the ruskies?
It seems that you put it in mph instead of knots

Another thing is the Tu-204 operational cost.
The problem with the Tu is the operating costs, It is less efficient than the 757 and the worldwide support service lacks, compared to Boeing or Airbus, which means that the support infrastructure is bad. If the plane breaks down, you are stuck. It may take a few days before spare parts can be flown in.This will be very expensive because you got an idle plane and you will have to hire a last-minute replacement aircraft. If you thought last minute flights that suit your exact wishes where expensive, you try booking a last minute plane!
That should be penalized somehow in the game.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
well i got all the info from the tupolev site so may have been a misprint i dnt know

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Well the cruise speed on paper (or effective ground speed in our case) for any aircraft is approximate anyway...it's different for every flight depending on wind, weight, etc. So I don't think it's a big deal.

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts

Another thing is the Tu-204 operational cost.
The problem with the Tu is the operating costs, It is less efficient than the 757 and the worldwide support service lacks, compared to Boeing or Airbus, which means that the support infrastructure is bad. If the plane breaks down, you are stuck. It may take a few days before spare parts can be flown in.This will be very expensive because you got an idle plane and you will have to hire a last-minute replacement aircraft. If you thought last minute flights that suit your exact wishes where expensive, you try booking a last minute plane!
That should be penalized somehow in the game.

I think that's not actually something to consider for our game, because number and dispersion of units worldwide is nothing like reality for many planes. If a Tupolev plane was very popular with players, then in our "world," spares would be everywhere, just as they are for Boeings which are everywhere in the real world. The Saab 2000, for example, is fairly popular in the game and it isn't penalized, even though in real life there are relatively few of them, and they haven't been made in a number of years.

Ghost

Ghost

• 4 posts
Yuxi, i m not talking about groundspeed problem. It is a issue relating to the units being use. If those number are in mph instead of knots, then the performance of the a/c is about 15% higher than what it is supposed to be.

About the tupolev issue. Well if tupolev is not able to provide spares in the same time frame than boeing or airbus, then it is because of their infrastructure is not as efficient. Therefore if you wish to have the same service it is quite obvious that they would need to invest some money. Where do think this money will come from? From airplane sales... as far as i know that is the only way Tupolev gets income in this game. What i m suggesting is to either rise the price of the airplanes or to increase the operating cost. It is just a way to even things out

Both things will allow to stay as close as possible to the real world. Isn't that the point anyway?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Well you can talk about the addition of the Antonov but there are more planes in the game that need tweaking and they ahve been in the game since the year dot.

Airbus especially long range jets are by far much better than Boeing, in price and economy in this game but that is not the case in real life.

The 747's and 777's are more or less useless in AE. The only planes worh flying are the Airbuses , EMB 195's / 190's Q400's and ATR's .....

So alot of work still needs to be done. ANyway the Antonov is now a good contender for the Q400 in both range and speed so maybe it's a good idea to leave it as is for the time being.
Posted Image

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
The 737's aren't that bad. Only a little expensive.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
i only fly 2 Q400's and 1 EMB-170LRand plan on buying more EMB's since they seem to be quite profitable for me:)

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

NoMercy

NoMercy

• 66 posts
I fly a mix of Q400, Embraer and Airbus! If I use Boeing 737, my profit is going down..

NoMercy

NoMercy

• 66 posts
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
737-700 was my main plane in previous rounds... its the best out of the 737's...

also, can the 787-3/9 be added along with the 747-8?
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

can the 787-3/9 be added along with the 747-8?

Those planes are too far away and the performance details are sketchy...if we added those we would have to add the A380-900 too (which would be a beast) :)

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Are you going to put the dc10 and the md series in again? I know some major airlines still run those aircraft?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Only way we are going to see old aircraft, is when or if a lease aircraft script is made for the game or the dev adds them into the market....

Russian beauties are not too bad.. though, i do say... the long-haul Boeing aircraft gotta be better v Airbus range.. i mean, everyone knows the B777-300ER in RL is 3-4% more fuel efficient against the A340-600 yet in the game, "4 engines for long haul" seems to be the best :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
yea the only boeing i find somewhat useful is the 757-200...i tried the 737-300ER but the 319 is a much better replacement. the 330-200/300 seems to be too good to be true and the 777's are pretty useless. btw the antonov is disgustingly good... its better than the Q400 in everyway expect that it has twice the fuel flow and i still get the same if not more (due to increased range) from it.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Qatar Airlines has got both 777 and A340 and they are saying the 777 is the better of both and that they can't wait to retire them:D

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Those planes are too far away and the performance details are sketchy...if we added those we would have to add the A380-900 too (which would be a beast) :)

not really, i know the 787-8 has been in since some time 07, since i started jan 3rd 08 and its was in since i started, thats almost if not 2 years before the first one had even been completed or flown.

cant compare peaches to bananas

the A380-900 isnt even in developement yet or allowed for sales
but the 747-8, 787-3/9 are with the 747 in assembly and the later 787's undergoing final designs... the 747-8 should be starting testing late this year, thats just months off. they are certifying the -8i later because there are more -8F orders, but the -8i will have the same operating info as the -8F does only with a few minor differences... so even though its being certified later, it would be no different than when the 787 was entered in the system...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
how did others find the tupulevs? i haven't gotten around to really use them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users